YC or Poly?

d0naldduck123

Mouseketeer
We'll be 2 adults going in July. We've never been to either resort, and originally booked YC with the room discount offer, but then I got an email with a special offer code that lets me book Poly for ~$500 more. We'll be going to 1 park every day, so lots of park time and were planning on going back to the room for a mid-day break from the heat. Kind of torn on whether $500 is justifiable to change to Poly or not. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

I'm a Poly fan and have never stayed at YC, but I'm not sure I could justify the extra 500 dollars for the Poly.

I've never actually stayed at Poly so take this with a grain of salt, but YC (and also BC) is my favorite resort on property for many reasons. For one, if you are doing a lot of park time, you cannot beat the convenience of walking into World Showcase at Epcot in less than 5 minutes. You also can grab a friendship boat to HS or you can walk or take the Skyliner. Plus, it's right next to the Boardwalk which has a lot of great food and drink options even after the parks close. Just my two cents, but as an adult with no kids it's my favorite location. I'm going to BC next month for my 40th birthday!

Having stayed at both, I prefer the Poly to Yacht Club -- my family owns DVC at the Poly, and stay there almost every trip -- but for an adult couple it could really go either way:

- YC has the better pool
- Poly arguably has better nearby dining (Poly/GF/Contemporary vs YC/BC/BW/S&D)
- Both have great rooms and ambience, subject to idiosyncratic preferences
- Location is heavily dependent on whether you value DHS/Int'l Gateway vs MK / Monorail to Future World

So if they were priced equally, I could make a case either way, but for a $500 difference I would stay at YC and splurge on a nice dinner or two.

With the easy access to EP/HS, the SAB pool, and the overall feel - throw in what's probably some potential construction noise still going on at the new DVC tower at Poly, and we'd definitely head to YC next month.

My family has stayed at both, and we’d say the YC gets the slight edge due to its location and the ability to walk to two parks, plus the Skyliner, and SAB is awesome, especially in July. That said, the renovated rooms at the Poly are really, really nice, nicer than the YC rooms. We also much prefer the dining options at the Poly. I haven’t really been keeping up on the construction of the new DVC tower, but that may be something you want to look into.

All that to say, you cannot go wrong with either. Have a great trip!

I've never stayed at YC but it's on my list. I have stayed at BWI & BC. The location is so convenient & hard to beat. But I do love Poly & I would probably justify spending the extra $500. 🤣

We have stayed at both and the Poly and YC are excellent in their own unique way and have completely different vibes. I agree with all the points made above as well on pool, dining, etc. I would really let it come down to whether you wanted to be cloer to the MK area or EP/HS area. If MK, I can tell you there is nothing more relaxing than knowing you are only a quick monorail ride to and from MK or having the ability to hop on the monorail to resort hop for eating or a monorail crawl. On the other hand, there is nothing like walking to and from EP through the international gateway and taking the boat or skyliner to HS. There are also several nice restaurants nearby - BW area or Swan & Dolphin. Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either, and it also gives you a reason to go back - to try the other one next time!!!

We ended our six-night stay at The Polynesian early, after three days, we were done. We had very early mornings and late nights of listening to the footsteps of the people above us. Also, the walls in those buildings are thin. You can hear the conversations of your neighbors. If you decide to stay there, request a top floor and ask for a room with no connecting door. Being kept awake by the noise and paying that room price is frustrating.

Tbh they both have really great selling points and it's why my ideal trip is a split stay between them, but I ultimately prefer the Poly for a lot of reasons, and would opt for that over YC on a 1 resort trip. If you plan to spend a significant amount of time at the resort the Poly wins hands down to me, there's just so much more to do at the resort, and around the monorail loop. But it's not my $500 lol. If it was I'd still do it, just because discounts are way harder to come by at Poly than YC. But I can't do that math for you and I'm also severely biased.

Ok! We have stayed at both and actually own DVC at Poly bc it is our favorite place, but…. For an adults trip, we LOVED Yacht Club! Loved loved loved it! And for less money? No question! Yacht Club all the way!

Stayed at both. Poly is the winner by far. SAB to me is overrated. There’s also better dining options around the monorail and WL.

With that said, it’s hard to pass up YC with the proximity of both EP and HS. If you are doing a couple resort days, I’d go with Poly. But if you’re all parks, YC. Closer to AK too.

We've stayed at Poly many times and probably won't stay there again, mostly due to the crowding of the facilities. We've also stayed at YC a few times.

I'd personally pick YC over Poly every time, but, everyone should stay at Poly once, so, if you think this might be the best deal you'll ever get, give it a shot.

We have an upcoming split stay at YC then Poly.. we've only ever stayed at Poly before. I guess we'll find out what we prefer:D

Has Disney overbooked the YC perhaps? If so, seems like the would offer the move at a much lower cost.

We'll be 2 adults going in July. We've never been to either resort, and originally booked YC with the room discount offer, but then I got an email with a special offer code that lets me book Poly for ~$500 more. We'll be going to 1 park every day, so lots of park time and were planning on going back to the room for a mid-day break from the heat. Kind of torn on whether $500 is justifiable to change to Poly or not. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!
Def. tough and in my opinion you can't go wrong with either.

Ok, after thinking about construction at Poly and Test Track down, I'd keep YC. With test track down, it's much better to rope drop from IG in my opinion. We also really loved the sand bottom pool at YC. - It was kinda like a mini spa during our breaks and felt great on our feet.

Great Questions. The Poly has so much to offer in terms of food and views but in an adult trip I might go with YC. You are so close to IG and the amazing food found in the World Showcase. Plus access to Boardwalk is a perk. Stormalong Bay is a dream...When you can find a seat! The rooms are amazing. What can I saw I do love it there. We are staying at the Poly this Aug and might change our mind but so far YC is tops for us.

I just returned Wednesday from 6 nights at YC. I missed Poly and Grand Flo the whole time I was there. I believe you just can’t beat the 7 seas lagoon resorts in all respects (transportation, MK quick access, restaurants, resort amenities etc.) I thought the rooms were nice at YC but unrelated to the resort we were stuck next to a family who made no attempt to be quiet. I also think the lazy river is great but the balance of the pool is something that would appeal to me if I were between the ages of 2-10. We also had to rope drop the pool to get shade. The poly oasis pool is more our speed. We agreed we would not go out of our way to stay Yacht/Beach again and were glad we didn’t use our points to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter