• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"YARC" Does Disney!!!

windwalker

I need an Adventure
Supppp WISHers?

Erica and I left on Tue and had planned to take it easy driving since it was scheduled to be pouring rain all the way from Kentucky to Florida. We had planned to stay over at Lake City and drive on in to WDW the next day. When we started it was indeed gushing rain. But then it stopped right after Nashville. We had good weather the rest of the way so we called our travel agent at DreamsUnlimited and got our room a day early and drove on in to WDW.

When we arrived we were very UNimpressed with the SWAN. So much so that we are cancelling our Jan reservations and changing hotels. We got there and I was going to unload the car while Erica checked in. She came back in a few minutes and said they wouldn't let her check us in since it was my name on the reservation, so wife is unallowed to check us in, hummm strange. Then I was not allowed to unload the bags onto a cart, the hotel employee has to do it and take it to your room, we just had a couple of bags so I was going to take care of myself, not allowed, I could carry our bags but not use their cart. Then we discover that it's $9 plus tax a day to park in the hotel parking lot. Internet is $13.95 plus tax per day. Sure isn't a Disney hotel. Also the only fridge available is one of those where if you remove any of the stocked drinks it's charged. You can't keep your own drinks in it. There is a coffee pot but the coffee pods they left us don't fit the pot, fortunately we brought our own. So never again will I not stay at a Disney hotel when I'm here. But we are here and we will make the best of it this time.

We spent the day with Robert and his lady, Linda. Very nice, high class people. We had to call it a day early as Erica and I are very tired from the long trip yesterday and need to have a rest evening. Robert can now confirm that I'm shy and quiet. Also that Erica is really Evil Panda.

Because of the Swan being so hard to deal with we have decided to take the after ToT party, drinks over to the Boardwalk area. Robert and Linda have a room at the BWV so we can use the fridge at their place to chill our drinks and we can have our nitecap out front of the area on the Boardwalk by the lake in front of the BWV. Sorry about the change but I couldn't even get a real fridge at the SWAN and I figured it was a waste of time to try to arrange a get together after the race there.

We are looking forward to meeting the sweet Canadian lady, Kim tomorrow. We discovered that you can buy beer just about everywhere at DisneyWorld. Not that we would but interesting to know.

Anyone who is stranded after the race, come on down to the Boardwalk area and find us.

It rained off and on today but we were lucky that we never got caught in it.

Really looking forward to meeting the rest of you this week.

Sorry about this being just random thoughts but I'm tired and just wanted to let our dear friends, who can't come down this time, hear how it's going.

Party Panda:hippie:

We will also be at BWV so you can also use our room for whatever.

Leaving early tomorrow....see ya soon!

We discovered that you can buy beer just about everywhere at DisneyWorld. Not that we would but interesting to know.

Glad you made it safe. You are almost correct regarding beer. The one exception is that Magic Kingdom is "dry." Keep that in mind if you want to tank-up before Liberty Tree Tavern and MNSSHP.

We will also be at BWV so you can also use our room for whatever.

Leaving early tomorrow....see ya soon!

Thank you Jeanne but Robert and Linda have already bailed us out with a place to chill our beer and drinks for after the ToT and let us park our car at the BWV with their pass.

Can't wait to meet the wild lady of the Wish site.

All sounds very good so far.

I have had nothing but a great stays at both the Dolphin and the Swan and can't imagine the time you've had. Maybe it was a new person. Trust me we have stayed at a lot of Disney hotels over the years and we've had a few doosies there too. We just let it go and move on. The last time I had an issue with the Dolphin, I spoke with Bob V at Dreams and both he and Starwood made it right.

Have a great day today and say Hi to all our "windwalker group" while your there.

denise

All sounds very good so far.

I have had nothing but a great stays at both the Dolphin and the Swan and can't imagine the time you've had. Maybe it was a new person. Trust me we have stayed at a lot of Disney hotels over the years and we've had a few doosies there too. We just let it go and move on. The last time I had an issue with the Dolphin, I spoke with Bob V at Dreams and both he and Starwood made it right.

Have a great day today and say Hi to all our "windwalker group" while your there.

denise

I know Denise, we had an issue with our room cards with DDP and Park Pass on them last trip, twice they didn't work for dinner and twice we couldn't get into the parks, they keep showing up expired. Oh yes and every day at least once we couldn't get in the room with our cards and had to go to the front desk and get them replaced.

Today I'm wearing a wish shirt. Look for the little old man with the hot princess with him.

Hi Dave & Erica,

YAY for you being there! I fly in tonight! I am FINALLY Excited! :banana:

Too bad about the Swan stuff. But don't those beds make up for the annoying stuff? Give it a chance.. the place grows on you! And that pool area is just fabulous! But, I agree.. there is no place like DVC.. the villa's spoil you.. Now.. if we could just smuggle a heavenly bed in! Hmmmmmm:rolleyes1

See ya tomorrow!! :) Of course.. NOW i want to come in costume.. and didn't plan anything! LOL!!

Kathy

Dave

Which hotel are you going to book for the marathon? I've heard that they are selling out fast, so you better get you "booty" moving. lol:lmao: Have fun and we can't wait to read the trip reports.;)

Linda and I spent all day with Dave and Erica yesterday. All can I say is don't let your children near him;) He keeps try to frame Erica as EP but it is really Dave.

The cops were after him while at AK and he tried to hide his association with his band that plays at EPCOT on Fri & Sat. Here is a pic of him failing to hide and blend in.

daveak.jpg

Hi!

Dave -- Thanks for posting, I'm so glad to hear you made it there safely. Sorry about your hotel...I would have been pretty disappointed with that myself.

Everybody enjoy your roving Party, I'm sure you are having enough fun for all of us!

Maria

Good Morning Dave and Erica!!!!! It's a crsip cool day here in NH. Hopefully it's not too hot down there and DRY.

I'm sure the 13K will be a breeze for both of you. Have an awesome day no matter what you decide to do, do you need to carb load today or just tomorrow. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, pizza, Pretzel bread from Canada, tough decision. NO matter what it's all good in Disney.

Have fun.

denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter