Yacht Club Villas

Because they are using the convention center there as the prime center now and need the room so ornate hat.

You know what is even better money than DVC? Conventions. They have catering expenses.

Because they are using the convention center there as the prime center now and need the room so ornate hat.

You know what is even better money than DVC? Conventions. They have catering expenses.
The convention center is a "prime center" and "so ornate hat" ???

Gah, did not realize my autocorrect went wild again.

So, the big convention center is the one at YC/BC/BWI now. When it is booked, they can book up most of those three resorts (minus villas at BCV/BWV obviously). The longer term plan at this point is to get rid of the older, less technologically updated center at Contemporary and route ALL conventions of a certain size through Coronado and the big YC/BC center. YC/BC is "prime." It's where you put the big stuff, like Gartner IT.

The Coronado center is the "lesser" center, a more moderate cost option with smaller capacity.

They can't reduce the number of YC rooms and be able to provide sufficient guarantee in rooms in walking distance to get the premier bookings there. So they won't.

While Disney love them DVC, they also love conventions. Conventions carry guarantee bookings, and massive catering/booze/special event bills. They have entire character experiences that can only be booked by conventions, like the (often asked about) Frozen breakfast. This only happens as a private convention booking, and gets Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf.

Also, if they were to build, (if they were even able to build) more rooms for DVC at the Yacht/Beach Club, that would make SAB even more crowded and that wouldn't be good.

Do we know that even after the CSR refurb. & new tower it will still be lower capacity than YC?

Do we know that even after the CSR refurb. & new tower it will still be lower capacity than YC?
The convention center? Almost certainly. They are not changing the underlying footprint of the center. The tower may add some small-scale meeting rooms.

In fact they are taking away YC parking and increasing the convention center size.

:earsboy: Bill

Honestly, I doubt they care about how crowded the pool is. Poly is a good example of that. Poly has way too little pool for unit capacity.

They may more now than they did when the Poly was expanded. The last few years have not been good for Disney and liability. But I think you are right on the real reason.

They would have to be cautious to remove more parking from that area, to build over an existing lot.

YC has 630 rooms right now. BC is 583.

This propaganda discusses the YC convention center expansion: https://www.disneymeetings.com/blog...-center-at-disney-s-yacht-beach-club-resorts/. They tout 1,190 guest rooms, so I think they are leaving out suites at both resorts in their count. Dunno. The math doesn't work out for me.

But when you're trying to land 5,000-7,500 attendee conferences, even assuming 1/3 stay off site, you need to be able to offer a substantial number of guarantee rooms near the center (so, mostly YC/BC/BWI, with a possibility of Swolphin thrown in). Assume most will be either single or double occupancy for attendee occupancy. Offer some attendee busing from a few other resorts to hit some guarantee numbers, like they do for Gartner IT (which also books Contemporary, GF, Poly, AKL and Coronado).

Converting, say, 250 rooms at YC to villas seriously mucks with your guarantees and RFP offerings.

(Arguably, when BC and YC are occupied with decent convention occupancy, it reduces load on Stormalong Bay for much of the day. Conventioneers gotta convene.)

Honestly, I doubt they care about how crowded the pool is. Poly is a good example of that. Poly has way too little pool for unit capacity.
Ya, you are probably right. Disney wouldn't care about that. But I can see the pool at the Poly be overcrowded during high season. That and the fact that they don't have adequate washers and dryers for that many studios in their DVC.

Although it makes sense reading the reasons why DVC doesn't have a Yacht Club resort, add me to the list of people who wish they did. BCV is small and adding another option to that area would be great.

Ya, you are probably right. Disney wouldn't care about that. But I can see the pool at the Poly be overcrowded during high season. That and the fact that they don't have adequate washers and dryers for that many studios in their DVC.

No kidding re the washers. Shocking how few of them there are. I was there two days ago and there was a line up of people. They need to Fastpass them :)

No kidding re the washers. Shocking how few of them there are. I was there two days ago and there was a line up of people. They need to Fastpass them :)
They need to add more to the other buildings. Surely they could find a way to add more with the dues already budgeted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter