Yacht/Beach Club/ Disney Bus System almost caused a brawl

They've always been fairly dismal hotel operators. They are not upscale but charge upscale.

I actually think it's more true for the "deluxe" properties. They are lovely; no complaints there. But as far as level of service, you need only stay once at another high end brand to realize that the Disney ones are mediocre AT BEST. I've been fortunate enough to spend a staycation night twice each at both the Chicago Waldorf and the Conrad, and both are simply overwhelmingly better run than any Disney resort. Heck, even the basic Hilton Times Square (RIP since covid :() was a much, much better experience. Disney's "flagship" property, the Grand Floridian, is a laughing stock in comparison other than the location, the views, and the grounds.

So as far as the actual topic of this thread, the busing, it's simply an extension of this mediocrity. But as long as we keep coming, they don't have much incentive to change. Thank goodness for rental cars and the skyliner!

Yes. In 2 weeks the hotel sides of BC and BW* are opening. It’s a challenge all right. Honestly if staying there I’d only bus to MK. Walk to EP/HS and Uber AK/DS.

*eta- BW is opening early July (not June)
I hope it has changed since I was there. I went 7/20, 12/20, and 3/21. I had a really hard time getting an Uber or Lift. One time at DS,I gave up and walked all the way back over to the busses. I always ubered to DS, but no drivers available this time.

I hope it has changed since I was there. I went 7/20, 12/20, and 3/21. I had a really hard time getting an Uber or Lift. One time at DS,I gave up and walked all the way back over to the busses. I always ubered to DS, but no drivers available this time.
Oh that stinks. I wonder if that’s going to get even harder. Guess it’s good I was unable to talk DH out of renting a car in Sept 😆 How are the rideshare rates? Did you notice they were crazy high at certain times?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter