Xmas Spectacular-Dis Cruise Day 8

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Xmas Magic Trip report, Day 8 Dis-Embarkation

Okay, we know we have to get off, but we don’t want to.

After a little confusion at breakfast (which seating are you SUPPOSED to be at, Mr. Gale?”) we settled in for one last meal.

Bonnie took one last picture (410 times).

They wanted us off the ship at 9 am. At 8:59 we were still in the lobby.

While waiting to disembark, Greg and I took turns trying to get each other in trouble with Customs (Where are those Cubans you bought last night, Greg?).

We left the ship and I can tell you no one does dis-embacration like Disney.

Within 10 minutes we had our luggage and were out in the parking lot waiting for our ride to Melbourne, FL. By 9:15 we were on the road.

It went too fast.

The only saving grace was knowing that we WOULD be back on the ship two years hence with our new best travelling friends.

I have laughted, cried, gotten goosebumps and been jealous! Isn't it great to meet the folks we "talk" to almost daily? Sharing a cruise with family is awesome but with family and DIS friends it is even better!

Jim, my friend, as always, you have the words. I have so many emotions running through me after reading your report -- there were so many special moments --

Gosh, how I wish I had gotten a picture of you and Minnie!!!!

And, FYI, I have something in mind for that last pic!

Bonnie

Did you book another 7 day for 2005? There's been a lot of talk that the ship may be here on the West Coast -

Truly enjoyed reading your trip report Jim!!! Dancing with Minnie, there's something you don't get to do every day!!! I'll never go past the post office on CC without thinking of my "Little Buddy" Nate. Thanks, for the memories!!!

BTW, Happy 1st Anniversary on the DIS!!!
:wizard:

What a perfect cruise you had! The new friends, your family, Palo, fishing, honoring Nate on CC, and then waltzing with Minnie. Wow... I can only hope that our cruise next summer is as wonderful as yours.

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful cruise, Jim! :sunny:

Kaitlin's Mom - where exactly on the west coast? I can't see it going out of SF, Oakland or LA - that really leaves only San Diego, and where would they be sailing from there, Baja??

Jim, I knew you would do a great job shring the wonderful times to be had. THANK YOU!

I really enjoyed your entire cruise report! What a great time you all had! It only makes me realize how long I have to wait for our cruise though *pout* -it's such a long wait. :(

Thanks for posting your cruise report!

Wonderful trip report.
I want to go with you all for Christmas 2005. I think I"ll forget all about the Christmas 2004 and save my money for Christmas 2005. Want another bunch with you??
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, what a blessed way to spend Christmas.

Linda

Linda,

We'd love to have more.

Only one requirement:

Must love to have fun.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the reports. Glad you had a great cruise. One question, was Beatta your server or asst server? Last year we had a Beatta as our Head server and she was great. She thought she might be on vacation for our next trip in a few weeks. Just wondering if this could be the same Beatta?

woody

Originally posted by jgalecpa
Linda,

We'd love to have more.

Only one requirement:

Must love to have fun.

Jim

I'm there then.. I live for having FUN..

Great reports....thanks....I can't wait 6 more days....

Question about your 12 year old. Was she allowed in the teen activities. My son is 12 and wondering what he will do.....worried he may be too old for the kids' club.. (3 months shy of 13). We were teasing him that is was a good thing he wasn't bringing any of his friends since they are all 13 already....

Bonnie or Jim -

When are you going to share the photos with us?!

missattitude said:
Question about your 12 year old. Was she allowed in the teen activities. My son is 12 and wondering what he will do.....worried he may be too old for the kids' club.. (3 months shy of 13).

As the mother of the DD, age 12, I can answer this, if that's oK. She was not allowed into the teen activities, and we did try. One of her new friends on the cruise was 13 and our DD 15 was there so we thought they would allow her, but no. The Stack suggested that the other 13 year old go with her to the Kid's club--but both felt very "old" and out of place there. Instead they just hung out together and had a great time.

I know the rules state that they will only bump a child up if they are within ONE month of turning 13, so you'll have to see how it goes for your son. Even without the Stack, he will have fun!

I am sure he will have fun anyway, he can't wait for the basketball courts!!! Thanks for the info!

Jim--I really enjoyed reading your reports. They bring back great memories! The weather was great, holiday decorations were beautiful, fun excursions---but spending this trip with all of you is what really made it so special! Oh and the Baileys--that was good too! Now to figure out how to change my countdown thingy to 2005--I can't wait to go again!

Dawn:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter