X-Men '97

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I heard that Disney+ is gonna have a new X-Men cartoon named X-Men '97 and I would love to know more about it? According to what I learned X-Men '97 takes place after the original X-Men cartoon series ended. Because I keep seeing preorders for new X-Men action figures based on this upcoming cartoon and it seems to mean it will be as good as the original X-Men cartoon series. Will there be new X-Men characters being introduced in the cartoon as well?

The 90s X-Men animated series was very popular for its' time and adapted a lot of the popular Chris Claremont stories from the 70s - 80s. Claremont is considered by many as THE writer when one thinks of the X-Men. The new '97 series is supposed to be a direct continuation and the creative team are all big fans of the original series.

Nothing should be linked with the current MCU, and I suspect any new characters and stories would be pulled from the classic 70s - 90s X-Men stuff. I'm looking forward to it, but it may be targeting a narrow audience for 90s nostalgia.

There are rumors if successful, that after a few seasons D+ may transition to an X-Men '00 series based on Grant Morrison's 'New X-Men' comic work. Morrison's work was very different and not for everyone, but he reinvigorated the X-Men back to a top seller when it was struggling.

Ah, back when the X-Men were cool. I actually hate the X-Men now, and have for a while - there are so many more bad stories than good, but the cartoon represents the good pretty well (maybe not the last season). Honestly, I would look forward to this, but I just don't care anymore.

I saw the preview and voice cast trailer for X-Men '97 and this surely looks promising especially since most of the original X-Men cartoon voice cast is returning. But who is the new voice of Cyclops in this version? Because I did hear that Cyclops's original voice actor passed away. And who does the voices of Wolverine and Magneto in this cartoon? You would've thought they could've gotten Ian McKellen to voice Magneto in this X-Men cartoon because Ian is perfect is Magneto

Don't sit it out. They did a fantastic job recreating the spirit of the original animated series. Even the replacement voice actor for Cyclops is top notch.

The X-Men animated series practically saved Marvel by kicking off Fox's interest in making superhero movies and led to the start of the MCU.

Season 2 is already in development and supposedly they were writing Season 3 before they canned the creator.

I can't believe how much promotion X-Men '97 is getting which proves that Marvel hopes it's a huge hit and it's nice that the original X-Men cartoon is gonna continue with new storylines. I might see it sometime just to see my two crushes "Wolverine and Cyclops" interact well

I had high hopes for this. The updated intro was perfect.

But the first episode... I couldn't get through it. It had the look of the old animated series, but it didn't really have that same feel.

It really just felt like they were trying to hit some nostalgia notes, while awkwardly re-introducing the team for anyone unfamiliar with the show. It was like they hammered a few different plots together. And while this actually worked in the original pilot (I counted at least 3 different comics stories in that one), it felt very disjointed here.

So in my opinion, the first episode is a dud. I'll need to try the second episode to see if is any better.

‘X-Men ’97’ Hits 4 Million Views in Five Days
According to Disney, this marks the streamer’s most-watched Season 1 premiere for a full-length animated series since Marvel’s “What If…?” debuted in 2021, putting “X-Men ’97” ahead of shows including “Iwájú” and “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.” (Animated shorts, such as “Star Wars: Visions,” “I Am Groot” and “Zootopia+” are excluded from this count.)

The series has been positively received, scoring a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes with Variety critic Alison Herman writing that the series “dedicate its energies to doing right by a nostalgia object while introducing itself to a new audience,” for which it “can take bigger, wilder swings in its story, staying true to the fantastical nature of comics writing while remaining grounded in characters’ emotions.”

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-men-97-ratings-viewers-1235951732/

Apparently, it's doing well. Episode 3 was great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter