WYW Dining/AP Rates. Help please!!

joanjett1976

<font color=blue>Shane in the study with the candl
I was crunching numbers and thought I could save some bucks if I purchased an AP pass to benefit from the recently released AP Code for AKL. I would book one room for me and my fellow traveller as well as another room for the two other people in our party.

This, unfortunately makes me non-eligible for the Dining Package, does it not?

My head feels like it's in a vice from all the numbers crunching!

If you were willing to purchase a 1-day MYW pass, you could technically still do a "package" and get the dining plan. However, I'm not sure that they would apply the AP discount on the room. Maybe someone out there has personal experience.

As an AP holder, you are eligible for the DDE card, which gives you 20% at a lot of restaurants around the world. It is $50 for AP holders.

No packages allowed with an AP room discount....rationale is you have to have an AP to get the room at the discounted rate and in order to get the package you have to purchase MYW tickets for everyone in the room (which means you would be purchasing tickets for someone who already had an AP)

You would not be able to do the dining package BUT you would be eligible to order the Disney Dining Experience card (available only to Florida residents and AP holders) which would entitle you to 20% off of your sit down meals. ALMOST all of the sit down restaurants are included. VERY few exceptions. There are even some counter service options as well. The discount is valid for up to 10 people so your entire party would get the dicounts.

I am a Disney TA and did this exact same "math problem" for a client staying at the AKL. We figured out that for the meals they have planned they will actually save MORE with the DDE card than with the meal plan. They have one sit down meal per day planned with one day that includes two (a character breakfast and a sit down dinner).

Even if you didn't purchase the DDE card, is the dining plan going to save you as much as saving $111.50/night that you will save on your room with the AP ($100 discount + tax)? Take # nights you are staying x 111.50 x 2 (since you'll have 2 rooms) - the increase in ticket price for buying 1 AP. Look at that #, it's probably more than the savings the dining plan will give you. Now subtract $50. Now you've bought the DDE card too and can save 20% on your meals on top of the # left over that is your room savings.

Hope this helps! It ends up saving my client over $700.

Lollipop Mom-

Thank you so much for that tip! I called Disney yesterday and after crunching all the numbers, we went with AP with Dining Experience. We also got a 109$ quote for POFQ (instead of 165$) for June 25-July 2nd. The members of my party tend to 'feast' on steak and fish and our dining bills tend to skyrocket! This will save us tons. Thanks everyone...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter