Wyoming vs Arizona/Utah

floridadream

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! We're going on our first ABD to Italy this summer and already planning 2018 with the early rates that are out! I'm thinking we want to stay in the US for our next trip (we've never been out west except CA) and the Wyoming and Arizona/Utah itineraries are both appealing. Does anyone have experiences with either of these? Some background on our party-- it will be me, DH, DS (13 at time of travel), DD (10) and both my parents who are still very active.

Wyoming looks beautiful and seems to be a trip that would be harder to plan on our own. But, the grand canyon is also interesting.

Any feedback you have in terms of overall experiences and interests for kids this age would be appreciated!

I haven't done Wyoming (not too interested in the Dude Ranch) but I have done the Arizona/Utah trip, and it remains one of my favorite ABDs, even after 9 of them. It's a fabulous trip with a great variety of activities.

Sayhello

It might also depend on what time of the "summer" your summer trip would be in. I think for Arizona/Grand Canyon you would want to be pretty early in June or else be prepared for really hot weather. Wyoming is perfect in July and August. We have not done either of these trips, but we did a trip on our own to Wyoming that hit some of the same places. Our trip was focused on a dude ranch stay, which was absolute heaven for my kids, and added 2 pre-days in Jackson where we toured Teton Park. We did not make it to Yellowstone (reason to plan another trip).

We have been on both of them and must admit loved each one. You don't want to go on to Wyoming until July given the weather. If I had to pick one...I would recommend the Sedona, Grand Canyon, Utah one. It is just beautiful country and being able to spend the night right on the top of the Grand Canyon is very special. We also really enjoyed the ending the trip at Red Cliff Lodge. It is just a very special trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter