Wyndham trade into DVC

it is very complicated and my parent spoke with Wyndham directly since we did not know who the beneficiary is.... they said there was none listed. They said we could take it over for $300 or give it back to them for $300. I think my aunt originally paid about $7500 for it about 15 years ago. I know she bought it at the same time as my other aunt. They said it would take 10-12 weeks to transfer.

If you decide to give it back to Wyndham, I'm not sure you would need to pay $300? I've read that inherited timeshares can be refused. Unless the fee is against the estate? Anyways, just something to look into if you don't take it.

Here are the VIP benefits:
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffrweb/pdfs/directory_fsp_226_255_orc_spec_mem.pdf

We are Silver VIP. The unlimited housekeeping credits is nice since I never have to worry about it, though I've never actually calculated if I would have had to pay. The other big ones are 25% discount on reservations within 60 days and free unit size upgrade at 30 days. Only if there is availability of course, so it's easier to get at the larger resorts during low season.

If you decide to give it back to Wyndham, I'm not sure you would need to pay $300? I've read that inherited timeshares can be refused. Unless the fee is against the estate? Anyways, just something to look into if you don't take it.

Here are the VIP benefits:
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffrweb/pdfs/directory_fsp_226_255_orc_spec_mem.pdf

We are Silver VIP. The unlimited housekeeping credits is nice since I never have to worry about it, though I've never actually calculated if I would have had to pay. The other big ones are 25% discount on reservations within 60 days and free unit size upgrade at 30 days. Only if there is availability of course, so it's easier to get at the larger resorts during low season.
That's not necessarily accurate. An individual can refuse an inheritance but the estate is still responsible. The estate couldn't be closed with this active on the books. One of the options to dispose of it is to deed it back but in this case they're offering to do so for the fees. What I'm told is that if the executor makes a good faith effort to dispose of it and is unable to, they can petition the courts (in most states) to remove it from the estate and that generally the judge would do so if it's been around a year or more. I wouldn't think they would over a $300 fee. Now if there are no assets to speak of, one can just walk away and not fool with probate and the timeshare would eventually foreclose in most cases anyway with no one to go after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter