WWYS (Where would you stay) given limited availability

Hi - we are considering trying to get a cruiser reservation when they reopen for booking on Friday. If we do we will need a DVC reservation for 1-2 nights as well to round out the trip. As of now we see Saratoga, Old Key West, and potentially Boulder Ridge available for our dates. DD wants to go to Disney Springs at one point so we were considering Saratoga, but the one time we stayed there (years ago) wasn’t the best experience. I love CCV so BRV is appealing to me, but we need 3 beds in a 1BD, or at least a comfortable sleeping space in the living room if I’m going to be out there with DS. Are the renovations completed?

We will probably try to hit most of the parks briefly in the day and a half before going to cruiser (Tron, Guardians, and Pandora at night) but it’s going to be hot so a good pool is important as well.

WWYS? Thanks!

We don’t normally book this close to travel so limited availability is not something we are used to. We would also have considered a Poly Studio (DS wants to try it someday) but it isn’t available.

I would do SSR as it's been refurb since you last stayed and there is now a queen murphy bed in the living room. OKW still has a pull out couch (and that will probably stay given the windows).

BRV is refurbed. Hoping to stay there soon. That said, you mentioned 3 sleeping surfaces. I only think there are 2 there. In fact, I don't think any 1-bedroom has 3 full sleeping surfaces.

BRV is refurbed. Hoping to stay there soon. That said, you mentioned 3 sleeping surfaces. I only think there are 2 there. In fact, I don't think any 1-bedroom has 3 full sleeping surfaces.
I’m ok sharing a pull down with my son, but I’m too old to sleep on a sofa bed and my kids would kill each other if they had to share a bed. Other option would be 3 in the king bed if necessary (my daughter is skinny).

The OKW 1 bed have 3 sleeping surfaces, but 2 are pullouts - couch and single sleeper chair. So you could make your kids sleep on those.

BRV one bedroom is still a king and a queen (it's the murphy, not a true sofa bed). No third surface unless you bring it.

I would agree with SSR. It meets your needs and the refurb is very nice. 1BR now sleeps 5 natively.

The DVC one bedrooms that sleep 5 should have 3 sleeping surfaces… SSR has king, queen Murphy, and single pull-down under the TV I believe.

We love staying at SSR, for a quick getaway. The grounds are gorgeous, parking is close and it’s a quick walk to DS. We’ve only stayed there since the refurb, so I can’t speak to the ”un-refurbed” rooms.

Assuming you are off-peak, 1BR isn't hard to get on waitlist for a night or two. Just book what you can and waitlist the modification. Or, book a split stay and waitlist the other half of it.

If you want proximity to DS, then obv OKW/SSR are the only options.

Based on everything here I think we will try for BRV (assuming we get the cruiser reservation 🤞🏼) but if we end up at SSR instead we should still have a great visit. Thanks all for the input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter