WWYP 3-BDRM

KVacc

Mouseketeer
OK what would you pick and why? We are taking my brother and his family, which he has 2 little girls 5 and under, and my parents next year with us. Non of them have been to Disney (my parents like 50 years ago) and I want them to wowed with Disney and want to come back. So we are going back forth between grand villas at CCV, BWV, and BLT(lakeview). We have thought about bathtubs at CCV, not a deal breaker, two story at BLT is ok with stairs. So assuming that all are open when we could book, what would you pick? Have you stayed at one and hated something about it or loved something at one of the resorts?

Are you absolutely set on this plan? We recently did Aulani 2BR OV with my parents and sister (not quite the same, I know), and by the end of the trip we decided we would have been much better off in separate accommodations rather than all in a single unit. With multiple families, I'd probably go with two 2-bedrooms rather than a single GV. Otherwise you end up with adults on pull-out beds, people sleeping in living rooms, everyone sharing a single washer and dryer, etc.

Are you absolutely set on this plan? We recently did Aulani 2BR OV with my parents and sister (not quite the same, I know), and by the end of the trip we decided we would have been much better off in separate accommodations rather than all in a single unit. With multiple families, I'd probably go with two 2-bedrooms rather than a single GV. Otherwise you end up with adults on pull-out beds, people sleeping in living rooms, everyone sharing a single washer and dryer, etc.
Yeah, so the way this will work out no will sleep on a pull out, the kids will all sleep with the parents, some will have 3 in a bed, just because they always sleep in the same bed at home. We talked about splitting into two rooms but then the kids will want to be with the grandparents and it will be back and forth and too much room hopping. Funny you brought up the washer, I have never thought about actually using it on a vacation unless we had an emergency!

What is your home resort?

Getting BWV for multiple days at 7 months is hard stuff year round. The others are absolutely date dependent.

Have done this many times with multiple sets of family. The people who have said, "get multiple rooms and request them to be together," is the right move. If you got a 1 bedroom for grandparents, they can host the cousins for sleepovers or playing or meals. The other 2 families in studios give privacy and calm areas to be. Also, when someone decides 32 days out they don't feel like going or can only go for half the days, you haven't blown 3 years of points on a grand villa that you are resentful about being in.

SotS

Last edited:
We own at BWV and have only been able to get the 2 floor GV. Was not impressed with it. One floor looks great.
Check out the GFV GV you will have an extra TV room that people can sleep in if needed and it's one level. I could never get my family to leave BWV area>

If you own at VGF and have enough points, I would definitely go with a grand villa there! I just toured a refurbished one and it was gorgeous. It's the largest grand villa on property, plus the media room doubles as a 4th bedroom.

I'm going to disagree with the majority that say get separate smaller units. We travel and stay together with extended family and love it. It's never been a problem. It would have been worse to be in separate villas and have to keep going back and forth. And a grand villa is far different than squishing into a 2 bedroom. Lots of space to spread out, and can always retreat to your bedroom if you need a break.

If you own at VGF and have enough points, I would definitely go with a grand villa there! I just toured a refurbished one and it was gorgeous. It's the largest grand villa on property, plus the media room doubles as a 4th bedroom.

I'm going to disagree with the majority that say get separate smaller units. We travel and stay together with extended family and love it. It's never been a problem. It would have been worse to be in separate villas and have to keep going back and forth. And a grand villa is far different than squishing into a 2 bedroom. Lots of space to spread out, and can always retreat to your bedroom if you need a break.
We are 61 points short for the VGF GV!! I do like the extra space and keeping everyone together, we usually cram everyone in 7 bdrm house at Hilton head and it works….lol. Plus I’m bougée so I like the GVs.

We are 61 points short for the VGF GV!! I do like the extra space and keeping everyone together, we usually cram everyone in 7 bdrm house at Hilton head and it works….lol. Plus I’m bougée so I like the GVs.
Aw, man!! Could you do studios for the 1st night and the GV for the rest? My 2nd vote would be the BLT Grand Villa...

OK what would you pick and why? We are taking my brother and his family, which he has 2 little girls 5 and under, and my parents next year with us. None of them have been to Disney (my parents like 50 years ago) and I want them to wowed with Disney and want to come back. So we are going back forth between grand villas at CCV, BWV, and BLT(lakeview). We have thought about bathtubs at CCV, not a deal breaker, two story at BLT is ok with stairs. So assuming that all are open when we could book, what would you pick? Have you stayed at one and hated something about it or loved something at one of the resorts?

BLT would be my choice for this group. I'm thinking grandparents and Magic Kingdom with the littles.

I've only had a grand villa once and I was prepared to enjoy it even if no one came. As it happened all came and we had a great time, and each group had their own bedroom space. If I'd had a 4th group I would have kept the grand villa and rented an extra studio.

For less or no little kids I'd go for the BWV as I think Epcot and DHS would be a draw.

Going with your choices above - I'd also love to try a VGF 3 bedroom. How many nights are you going for? Whatever you decide, enjoy and make those wonderful memories!

The 3BD at CCV is absolutely spectacular. The only downside though is that once you stay there it’s really hard to “slum it” back in a regular villa. 🤦‍♀️ They are also really hard to book unless you are an owner because there are so few.

We will be staying at a 3BD at Jambo in November with extended family.

Seriously though, a 3BD is much much nicer than a 2BD with an extra room attached.

We always travel with extended family (my parents, my sister and her family, my family - total of 11). We have done both the GV (at BWV), 1 2BR and 1 1BR, and 2 studios and a 1 BR. We've never had a problem and enjoy being with the family so all 3 have worked. For the purpose of extending our points out more, we usually do the 2BR and 1BR solution (my sister and I share the 2BR and my parents take the 1BR sometimes with my oldest depending on what 2BR we pick). During COVID, we ended up getting studios as my mom felt more comfortable with everyone having their own space since we all live in different states. I actually do like sharing a room with family as we tend to stay together for most of the day and it's easier to coordinate travel to the parks. But because we only did studios, we now have enough points for our 3rd trip in 18 months. For our upcoming trip, we are doing 2 studios and a 1BR for my parents. My parents won't do less than a 1BR. They like the space and the washer and dryer. 😜 Mom says after this one we have to save points so we can go back to the GV or the 2BR and 1BR for our next trip. :laughing:

BLT would be my choice for this group. I'm thinking grandparents and Magic Kingdom with the littles.

I've only had a grand villa once and I was prepared to enjoy it even if no one came. As it happened all came and we had a great time, and each group had their own bedroom space. If I'd had a 4th group I would have kept the grand villa and rented an extra studio.

For less or no little kids I'd go for the BWV as I think Epcot and DHS would be a draw.

Going with your choices above - I'd also love to try a VGF 3 bedroom. How many nights are you going for? Whatever you decide, enjoy and make those wonderful memories!
It’s all a hard choice. I go back and forth with reasons why we should do one over the other. We are going for 6 nights.

We always travel with extended family (my parents, my sister and her family, my family - total of 11). We have done both the GV (at BWV), 1 2BR and 1 1BR, and 2 studios and a 1 BR. We've never had a problem and enjoy being with the family so all 3 have worked. For the purpose of extending our points out more, we usually do the 2BR and 1BR solution (my sister and I share the 2BR and my parents take the 1BR sometimes with my oldest depending on what 2BR we pick). During COVID, we ended up getting studios as my mom felt more comfortable with everyone having their own space since we all live in different states. I actually do like sharing a room with family as we tend to stay together for most of the day and it's easier to coordinate travel to the parks. But because we only did studios, we now have enough points for our 3rd trip in 18 months. For our upcoming trip, we are doing 2 studios and a 1BR for my parents. My parents won't do less than a 1BR. They like the space and the washer and dryer. 😜 Mom says after this one we have to save points so we can go back to the GV or the 2BR and 1BR for our next trip. :laughing:
Mom got spoiled!!! Love it!

If everyone gets along, I’d do the GV. I’ve stayed in GVs at BWV (request the one story with MS), BLT, OKW, Kidani, and Aulani. The groups were sometimes just family, and other times just friends. As long as everyone respects boundaries, you’ll be fine. It all depends what location you’ll prefer.

If everyone gets along, I’d do the GV. I’ve stayed in GVs at BWV (request the one story with MS), BLT, OKW, Kidani, and Aulani. The groups were sometimes just family, and other times just friends. As long as everyone respects boundaries, you’ll be fine. It all depends what location you’ll prefer.
I was trying to figure out what has the best view, besides the BLT theme park view, that everyone would like. Monorail is nice but walking to HS and Epcot is too....sigh!

GV at CCV would "wow them" so that is what I would pick. I'm biased as own there and have GV next month there for our family of 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter