WWYD: CCV or RIV?

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
Just for fun, if given the option between 6 nights in a 2 BR at CCV or 5 nights in a 2BR at Riviera (with another night elsewhere on cash OOP) which would you choose, and why?

I would choose CCV because I don’t have a huge interest in RIV. There are a lot of rooms and the pool doesn’t seem big enough for the amount of people it can hold. For us, pools are a huge part of our Disney vacation so its very important we have a pool available thats not too crowded and crazy. Also, WL happens to be our families favorite resort so that factors in a little bit ;)

My first reaction is RIV, (brand new resort, trying out gondola system), but with OOP room, I am leaning toward CCV. Also depends on your park focus. RIV if more time in Epcot and DHS. CCV if more time will be spent in MK. Either way, you “win!” You are staying in WDW!!

Riviera would be my choice, just because I haven't stayed there. We really don't know the size of the pools since they are still being built, but the ones at Wilderness Lodge are not very large compared to the other DVC resorts. The the 2BR rooms are 1246 square feet at the Riviera are much larger than rooms at CCV (1051 sq. ft.) or even BRV (1083 sq. ft.) at Wilderness Lodge. If you do a cash stay the night before going to the DVC resort the change would be fun. Plus you will have access to two parks using the Skyliner gondolas. And could even dine at CBR, POP or AOA using the Skyliner system. Or just walk to CBR for that matter. The location of the Riviera is a quick bus ride to Disney Springs as well, or Typhoon Lagoon.

I own both so I’d be happy to stay at either one. Given those choices though, I would choose CCV because I’d rather not do a 1 night split stay with our kids being so little. Way too much effort and we could always stay at RIV on the next trip. Currently planning a stay at RIV next spring and a stay at CCV next fall! During the holidays I think CCV would be hard to beat, even though we don’t know what RIV will look like then.

I own both so I’d be happy to stay at either one. Given those choices though, I would choose CCV because I’d rather not do a 1 night split stay with our kids being so little. Way too much effort and we could always stay at RIV on the next trip. Currently planning a stay at RIV next spring and a stay at CCV next fall! During the holidays I think CCV would be hard to beat, even though we don’t know what RIV will look like then.
You bring up a good point. My kids are teens/tweens and I’m not sure which they would prefer.

It would depend on how many people are in your party. We stayed in a 1 bd at CCV and noticed how small the living room was. It would not have been comfortable for 4 adults, in my opinion, let alone a group of 6-8. We like to have space for all the adults to sit and watch tv in the living room, and not have to use the dining table chairs.

I was in the Riviera model, and was impressed with the accommodations in the living room. We will be trying for a 2 bd there for March for our group of 4 adults and 2 little kids.

It would depend on how many people are in your party. We stayed in a 1 bd at CCV and noticed how small the living room was. It would not have been comfortable for 4 adults, in my opinion, let alone a group of 6-8. We like to have space for all the adults to sit and watch tv in the living room, and not have to use the dining table chairs.

I was in the Riviera model, and was impressed with the accommodations in the living room. We will be trying for a 2 bd there for March for our group of 4 adults and 2 little kids.
We have 2 adults and 2 kids (DS 13 and DD 11) so we need 3 separate sleeping surfaces. I was debating a 1BR at RIV but the single shower and toilet is holding me back.

At CCV you are just a quick boat ride from MK and the monorail. DH and I enjoy going to the Poly for Tonga Toast and poking around in the shops and sometimes spend the day hopping on/off or you can get to EPCOT via monorail. The resort is spot on with the National Parks of the west theme (we've been to many of them). If you have a couple hours you can tour RIV to see it in person for future visits..

I would vote Riviera but a 1 night stay anywhere sounds icky to me. Can you split 2 and 4 or 3 and 3?
We are actually staying for 7 nights total. I have a hotel reservation at WL for 2 nights at the beginning as a back-up. If I am able to get CCV, I plan do 6 nights on points and drop one of the hotel nights. If not, debating what to do. I would like to avoid spending too much OOP but also was hoping to try a different resort than our home.

We are actually staying for 7 nights total. I have a hotel reservation at WL for 2 nights at the beginning as a back-up. If I am able to get CCV, I plan do 6 nights on points and drop one of the hotel nights. If not, debating what to do. I would like to avoid spending too much OOP but also was hoping to try a different resort than our home.
I'm sure you already know that WL (now BRV) is part of the CCV complex though they are separate DVC resorts. It is an immersive experience much like AKL Jambo House. We've done split stays, actually we're doing 10 nights in a 1 Bed at OKW and then 3 nights in a 1 Bed at BRV this fall just because we love the experience of being at BRV - it is Disney "magic" for us!

I'm sure you already know that WL (now BRV) is part of the CCV complex though they are separate DVC resorts. It is an immersive experience much like AKL Jambo House. We've done split stays, actually we're doing 10 nights in a 1 Bed at OKW and then 3 nights in a 1 Bed at BRV this fall just because we love the experience of being at BRV - it is Disney "magic" for us!
That is a good point. Our reservation is at the hotel (vs DVC) but I guess I should keep BRV in mind.

We live in the Northern wilderness , basically, so Im not sure we would like to try Wilderness Area. Everyone seems to really love it so it does sound tempting at times. I am not sure that wilderness would be enough of a get away. Back and forth on that.

We live in the Northern wilderness , basically, so Im not sure we would like to try Wilderness Area. Everyone seems to really love it so it does sound tempting at times. I am not sure that wilderness would be enough of a get away. Back and forth on that.
Yeah, we live in Illinois, and we vacation often on lakes in Wisconsin and Minn. and have been to some similar looking “Wilderness” themed resorts there. WL just doesn’t appeal to me. You’re the first person I’ve seen who feels similar! Everyone seems to love WL! I get it, I guess, but I feel zero excitement when I look at pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter