WWYD: BLT Studio v. One Bedroom

mrebuck

Mouseketeer
We're heading back to WDW in November for an extended family vacation. Twelve of us will be at BWV in a Grand Villa from 11/24-29, but a couple of us are flying down a day early - me, my mom and two DDs (13, 10) -- so we needed another room for that first night. No way we'd splurge for a GV for that night, so we'll definitely be switching rooms. Since we have reservations at BOG for that night (11/23), we decided to try out BLT.

Originally, I had booked us in at 1 bedroom, but a standard studio became available yesterday. There is a huge point difference between the two: 48 points v. 22 points. Since we'll be in the room only to sleep that night and will be leaving early the next morning to catch EMH at HS, I decided to switch to the studio and save 26 points. But now I'm reading posts about how small the studios are and I'm wondering if I made the right decision.

Should I have stayed with the 1 bedroom?

i haven't yet been to BLT, but even with all i've seen about the studios being so small, you'll only be there for 1 night, and like you said, only to sleep. it's not like you're planning on spending time in the room to do anything else. the only thing that might make a difference is 1 bathroom vs 2 for getting ready in the morning to make that EMH. but honestly, i'd save the points. it is quite a difference.

DH & I take our DGD (7) to BLT and we stay in the studios. We aren't in the room that much, only to sleep. I don't find it cramped at all, plenty enough room for all 3 of us. We don't even pull out the sofa bed because my DGD always seems to slip into bed with us.;) As for your group, you will only be there for one night, save your points and get the studio!:)

would get the 1-bedroom back or think you will hate BLT.

the 1-bedroom are great. the studio are small.

with a 1-bedroom you will have 2 bathrooms to get ready for BOG. with 4 ladies that extra bathroom would be usefully

most DVC resorts use point that way - the studio are reasonable - the 1-bedroom is twice as much (points). now cash is a different story.

I've done the BLT studio with 2 adults and 1 child, 8. For one night, I think it's doable. If you think you really want the second bathroom, go for the 1 bedroom, but if not, save the points.

Honestly I think for one night only you can survive in a studio. I'd rather save the points to use another time. It's only one night and if you're really only using it to sleep what do you need all the extra room for that night anyway. I'd go for the studio and save the points for a longer trip where you need them :goodvibes

Thanks everyone. Having two bathrooms isn't important to us - both of my girls shower at night, so I'm not worried about sharing the bathroom and getting out the door in the morning. What concerns me most is sleeping space. Since we really aren't going to be in the room much, I think I am going to save the 26 points and stick with the studio. (Given how many points the GV is costing me, I could use all of the saved points I can get.) It is only for one night - we can make it work.

Thanks for all of the replies.

mrebuck said:
Thanks everyone. Having two bathrooms isn't important to us - both of my girls shower at night, so I'm not worried about sharing the bathroom and getting out the door in the morning. What concerns me most is sleeping space. Since we really aren't going to be in the room much, I think I am going to save the 26 points and stick with the studio. (Given how many points the GV is costing me, I could use all of the saved points I can get.) It is only for one night - we can make it work.

Thanks for all of the replies.

It is smaller, but with the layout of the room, it's not so bad. We stayed with two adults and two children in a standard in May and it was fine. I think, especially for one night, you are better off saving the points.

The double sleeper sofa will be right next to the queen bed when it is opened up. Less than a foot between them; more like inches. And the sleeper sofa will only have inches between it and the window. The sleeping area is very tight when both beds are being used. I'd go with an OKW studio instead if you want to save points - two real queen beds.

I wouldn't put four full sized people into a BLT studio no matter how many points it would save and no matter how few nights I was there. Once you move to the GV, you will feel crowded with twelve in the GV. Why spend the first night crowded? We had eleven in a GV at OKW and it was swarming.

I think for one night, it would be fine. More than that... no way. Just don't let it taint your idea of BLT. The 1 and 2 beds are quite spacious, it's just the studios are the smallest of all DVC rooms, with the exception of AKL value. Just go in knowing that as other posters have said once the beds are out, there is very little, if any walking room and you will be very cramped. I'm actually just now wondering where on earth you are going to store 4 suitcases-maybe as you walk in (there's a nook) and the kitchen?

Personally for me the first day sets the mood for the entire trip. I would get the one bedroom.

My mother and I are planning a 5 night mom/daughter trip next end of August.
Can anyone please tell me any of the studios have 2 beds. I would hate to get a one bedroom since this is an extra trip (we have a big cruise and HHI already booked with my family).

We just stayed (my dh, ds, my mom and me) in a 2 bedroom at BWVs this past end of August but my mother and I went down 5 days before the guys. We never used the LV (we would just hang in our own bedrooms when back in the room and text/call if we wanted to talk LOL) and didn't use the kitchen (just the fridge) so for an extra trip would like a studio but would there be no room if I had to sleep on the pull out (if there are no 2 beds)?

If the 1 bedrooms also don't have 2 beds, then I'll just not care and get the studio.

Thanks.

My mother and I are planning a 5 night mom/daughter trip next end of August.

Can anyone please tell me any of the studios have 2 beds. I would hate to get a one bedroom since this is an extra trip (we have a big cruise and HHI already booked with my family)....If the 1 bedrooms also don't have 2 beds, then I'll just not care and get the studio.

Thanks.

The only studio with two real beds is OKW. None of the one bedrooms have two real beds - only one king sized bed in the bedroom and either a queen and a twin sized sleeper sofa or just a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room.

The only studio with two real beds is OKW. None of the one bedrooms have two real beds - only one king sized bed in the bedroom and either a queen and a twin sized sleeper sofa or just a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room.

Thank you.
So, any of the studios or 1 bedrooms in BLT only have 1 bed in the bedroom, I cannot get any with 2 beds. Thanks so much for clarifying this for me.
I guess either way then it wouldn't matter if I got a studio or 1 bedroom.

For the OP, I am always big on getting as big as you can but really it's your dd's and your mom and you would be a MK and dinner. If you want to save the points, I would just do the stuido. BUT, I can tell you, if I had enough points to get the GV for that night and not have to move the next day, I would splurge for that. I was just at BWVs for 9 nights with my mom and my dh and ds met us there. My mother and I were there for 5 nights before the boys came. We got the 2 bedroom for the full 9 nights so we could unpack once, get our food from wegoshop and get settled. So, if you have the points, I would get the night added and stay in the same accommodations you would the rest of the trip, if you are not able/willing to do that, I would get the studio.
Have a great trip!

I stayed for two nights in a BLT studio with 4 and to be honest, it was doable for that short of a time. For one night, I say saving points was a good option!!

I stayed for two nights in a BLT studio with 4 and to be honest, it was doable for that short of a time. For one night, I say saving points was a good option!!

Would you say it would be doable for two adults for 5 nights with different shower schedules?

Would you say it would be doable for two adults for 5 nights with different shower schedules?

If you have to open the sleeper sofa (double sized), it takes up most of the floor space. So you have to close it up every day. Especially if you are staying in the room a lot.

While I would love to add another night in the GV there is no way I could justify the 125 points it would cost...plus it isn't available. I am really torn on what to do. I looked at a video of the studio on you tube and think we would be ok. It will be tight but given the limited amount of time we will spend there I think we may gve it a try. I think I will sleep on it and see if the 1 br is even available tomorrow. Maybe the DVC gods will make the decision for me.

Thanks for all of the insight everyone.

While I would love to add another night in the GV there is no way I could justify the 125 points it would cost...plus it isn't available. I am really torn on what to do. I looked at a video of the studio on you tube and think we would be ok. It will be tight but given the limited amount of time we will spend there I think we may gve it a try. I think I will sleep on it and see if the 1 br is even available tomorrow. Maybe the DVC gods will make the decision for me.

Thanks for all of the insight everyone.

How about a studio at BWV since that is where you GV is?

Yes, I do. I had some guests--3 of them, stay in the studio as part of our 2 bedroom this summer--two adults and a 7 year old--and it was fine for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter