WWYD? BC or BLT?

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
OK. Someone else got me started on this thought pocess! ;) Curse them!!!:thumbsup2;)

We are currently booked in a CL 1BR at ALV for mid Oct. Food and Wine time, yes. It is probably not even going to be at option when my 7 mo window hits (I know it's exceptionally hard to get during F&W especially) BUT, we were planning on giving up about 4 of our days to get a BLT room but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't inquire first about a BC room? NOT that the availaility forum here is a for sure, or even close, indicator...because I already know some of it is off. BUt IF there is actual availability which there might be IF the forum has some correctness, would you give it a shot over a BLT room? I ask just in case I have seconds to make up my mind when I call which you know very well happens! My oldest DS (ride junkie) actually asked to have a NON park day where we lounged around our resort and hung at the pool (shocked the heck out of me I tell you!). Probably because DH and I just came back from a relaxing albeit exhausting 4 days where we just didn't rush...ANYTHING and it felt great. I know SAB is one that you have to stay at to use and I bet he'd like to...SO, the thought is there. Not to mention the proximity to Epcot's FOOD then. ;)

WWYD?

BC would definately be a good grab if you can get it during that time. If it was there, I'd take it.

The Resort Availability forum does not really help with what is available but rather what has been reported by DIS members as not available.

If you see no reports, it means no information has been shared about those dates--it doesn't mean that there is availability still.

The Resort Availability forum does not really help with what is available but rather what has been reported by DIS members as not available.

If you see no reports, it means no information has been shared about those dates--it doesn't mean that there is availability still.

Yes, I said I already know this. But it's more than no information though maybe not much more. It's still more. ;) Like I said, I'm aware of dates that aren't listed there that I'm pretty sure are not available but as I wasn't booking I don't have actual first hand knowledge to report. I always report if and when I do.

Yes, BCV would be a great location to enjoy F&W (and be able to walk over to the French bakery whenever you want to pick up pastries:goodvibes:goodvibes

F &W can get more crowded on the weekends, so you might want to take that into consideration, if you have ANY choice of availability.

The pool would be excellent for a 'resort day', and you can walk to a big variety of food choices + F &W.

BLT is so convenient to MK (and the monorail is a lot of fun), so if there's any younger kids and you expect to spend a lot of time there, it's also a great resort .......... and having 2 bathrooms in a 1 BR is my new favorite thing.

We also love Kidani. Don't we have some fantastic choices!!!!! Hope you have a spectacular trip.

my vote is to try for BCV, especially if you have never stayed there (i'm a firm believer in trying every resort:))
walking to/fro the F&W is wonderful. we usually stay at the BWVs, and will take a walk over just for a grey goose slushie, or a favorite festival tasting. it is wonderful to walk past the throngs of ppl trying to make their way out of the front gates, as you simply exit out IG and leisurely stroll back to your resort :cloud9:

If doing F&W BCV is great! Casual 5 to 10 minute walk to Epcot and it is so nice when the park closes and everyone makes the running of the bulls towards transportation, here we get to casually stroll back to our room thru the IG back to the BCV. And a non park day, SAB is awesome plus you have the extra entertainment on the other side of the lake around the boardwalk, especially at night. And that location gives you the most options in places to eat with 4 resorts within walking along with all the places at Epcot and just a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios.

And if you go at the right time, you can do F&W at Epcot along with the mini F&W that the Swan and Dolphins also has.

BCV is my home resort and I really enjoy the location.

Thanks guys! We'll see what my options are in a month. :goodvibes THankfully I can be flexible on dates within a general few weeks. If I can sqeek in just a few days, it'd be nice. If we hadn't bought DVC a few years ago, I'm certain we would have stayed there anyway as we love trying all of the resorts. That's why we were "split stay-ers". Gets you knto the most resorts in half the time or elss. :thumbsup2 We do visit BC nearly every trip so it'd be nice. Last weekend was the first time we ever took the boats from Epcot and HS to the Epcot area resort and wow, I see how danged convenient they are! I like them a lot better than the monorail to be honest. Maybe an add-on at the BCV are in order??? We'll see. :thumbsup2

I'll report back in early March. :thumbsup2

PS: I didn't know about the mini F&W at the D&S. Hmmmm! :)

Our philosophy was to try to book the other resorts even if it falls through.
In 2010, we were able to switch from BLT to BWV and the 7 month mark (BCV wasn't available). A couple days later, we added a BCV wait list. To our surprise the BCV wait list came through a couple months later.

It doesn't hurt to try for the other resorts, so if you want to try one go ahead and call. Worst case scenario, you still have your existing reservation.

Our philosophy was to try to book the other resorts even if it falls through.
In 2010, we were able to switch from BLT to BWV and the 7 month mark (BCV wasn't available). A couple days later, we added a BCV wait list. To our surprise the BCV wait list came through a couple months later.

It doesn't hurt to try for the other resorts, so if you want to try one go ahead and call. Worst case scenario, you still have your existing reservation.

I agree. And one could do worse than a "worse case" scenario of a 1BR CL villa at AKV. :laughing:;)

I would do the non-park day while you're @ AKV in a club level room. You can hang at the pool and take full advantage of the lounge.

You will not regret staying in the BW/BC area during F&W if you can do that.

And some lucky schmoe is going to get AKV CL @ 7 months!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter