Wow! we could've used that...

Individually packaged wet wipes - I always found there was a time when I needer these. I figure if I take them this year, I won't need them - that's why I always pack Gravol, Immodium. Tylenol - if I pack them, I won't need them.
Small bottle of hand sanitizer
Bags to put dirty laundry in.

Boncho-Pack things so you won't need them! I like that idea...pack laundry bags so you won't have dirty laundry!! :rotfl2:

I like to pack lysol (or the new clorox stuff is what I will pack for this trip). Spray down the room when we arrive-I have DS1 who will put anything and everything in his mouth! :confused3

Shoe organizer to put all of your little odds and ends in so nothing gets lost. :thumbsup2

You can get glow sticks, bracelets, necklaces at the doolars store before the trip so you don't have to buy them at night for the kids. :3dglasses

I bring a case of bottled water (we live 2hrs away so its no biggie) since orlando water tastes awful! :sad2: And to buy bottled water at Disney is so expensive!

just reading, and making my list woohoo

You can usually buy a fan mister at walmart, kmart, or target. At our walmart they are in the automotive section. (I dont know why....but thats where they are!)

I wish it would work with the laundry bags, unfortunately, it only seems to work with the Gravol etc. ( but thank goodness it does)

anitame said:
Earplanes for the kids!!

I looked all around the airports when I realized we needed them and couldn't find them anywhere! Next time I'll bring them and we probably won't need them. :rotfl:

Do earplanes block out the sound?

One or two of the over the door shoe holders for all the toiletries and the misc stuff that just clutters up a hotel room.
All the spare pocket change, the used film, the receipts from all the purchases etc... I had a travel case that hung on the towel rod, but we still needed to unload most of it.

A couple of big claw clips for my hair. Even tho we went Dec/Jan we had 3 days that were hot and sticky and I whined about my hair sticking to my neck.

2 empty duffles instead on just 1 - darn near didn't get everything home. It was a good thing WDW was having the promo on the tote bags for $10 with a $45 or so purchase.

Cheap ponchos. We talked one of the CM's in AK into giving us a couple of white trash bags to put over our heads for Kali, yes you can just image the comments we knew were going thru peoples heads :lmao:

Please explain !!

I don't get the shoe holder over the door. :confused3 I went looking and found one in the store, only I can't think how....and which door it goes on.. Bathroom door? If so, can you still shut it? Its the kind that lays flat and has the clear plastic opening to put the shoes in? You use it for small things?

I would never use a poncho because what do you do with it when it stops raining , but cheap throw away ones are great . Thanks and we got that shoe holder over the door tip last time and it worked out great for us . 5 Of us in the room Port Orleans so it had small bathroom counter and all of our stuff went into the shoe holder over the bathroom door it fit everything nice and neat , brushes baby poweder toothbrushes and paste sunblock and all that. Now I just need to come up with a tip to share with all of you ....hmmmmmmmm I'll have to go to Disney to see what works and doesn't then get back to you all .... :thumbsup2

Wow!! Great tips, thanx to all, and keep em coming, I leave soon and don't want to forget anything! I already have the fan mister, the shoe organizer thingy, bought the kids some glow stix, and have travel size hand sanitizers. Now I need to run out for some cheap ponchos, we did get stuck last time (in 04) getting wet b/c I was too cheap to pay $7 for Disney ponchos. I also buy those little light up badges at the dollar store and suprise the kids with a couple during Fantasmic or parades or whatever at night, instead of having to cave in to the begging and pay 6 bucks a pop. Ok, so it might just be a flashing smiley face instead of a Mickey face, but it does the trick. I also but Mickey fruit snacks at the grocery store and pop some in my bag for when they want a small treat.

My best tip though is to buy either Crystal Light singles or Kool-Aid singles in my purse, to sprinkle into our water bottles during the day. Orlando water does taste horrible as said previously, and in the Disney parks it even has a bad smell to it for some reason (except at AK, go figure?) but as you can tell I'm a cheapskate, so buying fresh water bottles all day for us is a no. So...we ask them to fill our water bottles at food kiosks (some say yes, some don't) or we fill them at the water fountains and add some flavoring which cuts the taste and smell and we stay hydrated!

The countdown has begun! I can't wait!! 24 Days today until our 10 days in WDW.

wow these are great tips,we finally found the individual kool-aid packets today so i bought 2 boxes for my daughter!!Also band-aids is a good 1,we went in 2004 & my daughter got ran over by an elderly lady in 1 of those motorized wheel chairs & her toe was actually bleeding & thank goodness this lady behind us had a diaper bag & gave us a band-aid!It was a lifesaver at that point in time.LOL>>>

FYI...Our $1 sells the rain ponchos is packages of 2! You don't feel guilty throwing them away for 50 cents.

My must have list:
Ponchos-we have the disposable ones and some WDW ones that were given to us after my SIL's trip
Dry socks in a ziploc bag in my pocket or fanny pack--I HATE wet feet!
Sunblock and ball cap so I don't burn into a crispy critter

I'm thinking of getting a $1 store shoe bag, too, for the little things that clutter up space. I'm considering one for my bathroom at home, too!

Powdered laundry soap (I pre-measured it and put it in the snack size zip lock bags) and dryer sheets. Buying soap at the resorts can get expensive. I underestimated how much laundry I would be doing. I figured 2 or 3 loads and it ended up being at least 6, for our 10 day stay.

A giant bag to put our dirty laundry in for storage and to take to the laundry room.

I know, who wants to do laundry on vacation? But packing for 5 people for 10 days, I couldn't help it. I would have had to pack so many clothes.

Along those lines, a roll of quarters. The change machine was broke, so I'm glad I had my own.

nightlight, green tea bags (place in water bottle - instant flavor!), HeadOn (cooling roll-on migraine relief for forehead), ultra skinny spray bottles (almost pencil thin, from Container Store - put a little water inside, instant refreshing mist!), plastic cups (don't trust those glasses by sink)

1. Hand Sanitizer
2. Quarters and pennies in film cansiters (for pressed penny machines)
3. Gallon size Ziploc baggies (I use them to pack the kids' clothes, bathing suits, etc. and take the air out. Leaves a lot more room for souvenirs. Also, helps when the airline leaves your luggage out in the rain while your plane is delayed . . . thank you very much, Southwest.)

Thanks for the all the tips. I'm making my list and checking it twice.

my Crocs
pain meds for my back and knees
my Pepsi One or Diect Coke with splenda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter