Wow...I guess they weren't kidding!

Angrypenguin

Disney n00b!
I got my 50d and my 24-105L late last week, but I wanted to go out and fire off test shots to make sure everything was working properly.

Wowza, I didn't expect the lens to be so sharp! (Ignore my friend's cheesy smile) Even when I crop at 100% it looks great. Taken at f/4 ISO 400.

3443832782_d7afef08da_b.jpg

This is my most used lens on my 50D. Actually I had the lens first with the xti, then upgraded my body. I think the range works well for most things (even portraits) except for architecture. I use the 10-22 for that.
Enjoy your new lens, it's a great, versitile lens.

Thanks guys!

Rob, how do you like the 10-22? I'm thinking either the wide angle or one of the 70-200s as my next lens.

Get them both. I have them both and use them on a 50d. Its a pretty sweet set up. I'm thinking about the 24-105 f4 or the 24-70 f/2.8 to fill the gap.

I like the 10-22 to fill the missing wide side of things. I use it about 10% of the time, so it is not used all the time, but when I do, I am really glad I have it. I also have the 70-200 F4L as well and have been using that a little bit more, but still like the 24-105 most.
It really depends what you shoot also. I shoot street photography, landscape, people, and places. I find that without the 10-22 I might miss some shots with the 24-105 alone. The 10-22 is as close to an L (I feel) that it can be quailty wide, but still like the images from the 24-105 a little better.
As for the 70-200 F4, that also does a great job, but on a crop the 70mm (really 122mm) it is to hard to shoot alone with this lens.
Here are my galleries with the lens and camera:
10-22 Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/rob_drebel/1022
70-200 gallery: http://www.pbase.com/rob_drebel/70200f4

Great photo. I'm bitting the bullet and getting the 50d too, hopefully next week. I recently bought the 24--70L and have really come to like it. I wish it was a little wider but the quality of the glass and the f/2.8 make up for that. I used my 17--85 mm f/4ish lens last night just because I wanted the camera to be a little lighter and I wasn't as happy with the results as with the 24--70. congrats on your purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter