WOW check out this canon challenge at DPReview

Nice work there- that last one is great. :thumbsup2

Beautiful shots! Dramatic colors! What is "HDR" - I suppose some post processing coloring/resolution?

Beautiful shots! Dramatic colors! What is "HDR" - I suppose some post processing coloring/resolution?

I am going to have to guess yes. Just by looking at that photo I would say to properly expose the sky would make the anything below the horizon dark.
Since you can clearly see all the details below the horizon I am def thinking post processing was done.

Here is more on the subject:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/high-dynamic-range.htm

warning, i've been debating this a lot in my head:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: and it is sort of a tangent

beautiful photos but really imo, and i have nothing against it, the last one is a different category... to me it's an impressionist view of the subject rather than the realist view of the subject, which i don't mind at all but not really imo apples to apples.

have no idea what the original contest rules were so not saying it was a winner or not, just different from the others not so heavily pped

i just was thinking today, i really enjoy messing with stuff pp( ie alien skin lomo processed and then phsp artistic effects) which totally changes the photo..i think it's different, not bad but different than something not so pped.

i think i am wondering about this as i was just trying to decide when a photo stops being a photo and starts being some other category of art...or if it really matters although it would to photo contests( a local one just stated about no pp allowed except normal darkroom techniques(?????) which is another whole can of worms).

i think when i see contests that say that or people that make a kind of big deal about "no PP" on some photo, i wonder if some consider phsp stuff kind of unethical/somehow"cheating" or why else would they make such a big deal. and where is the limit, hdr sure is "tampering" but then how about a graduated nd filter :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter