Would you leave OKW for SSR?

Unless you plan on going to Disney Springs tons of time, I vote for OKW all the way.

The boat ride is very pleasant and the resort, far better.

This was our view from the Paddock section. We just did a split stay last week, both SSR and OKW. We liked the room a lot better at OKW. Besides the extra space in the room, the balcony is more spacious at OKW, you can actually sit out there and there is room to move. The walk to DS is a bonus at SSR, but both offer transportation. I would keep OKW, you aren't in the room that much to justify the extra points for a view of DS.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 16
With the potential of four people in the room, I'd take OKW.

But, if it were only 2-3 people, I'd go based on the vibe I was looking for, and either would be okay. OKW: a bit more laid-back, peaceful. SSR/Congress Park: more "in the action."

We have stayed at both three times. SSR wins for us because we like the pool and food options better. Both are great though!

If I were in your shoes, I would leave it all as is. Here is why, if your folks like OKW, leave it alone. If they get to SSR and dont like it, in the end, you may have to hear about it.

NO.

To me, Disney Springs is a mall, and I don't want a view of a mall. As for walking....

Do you think they'll try that walk more than once? Do you think they'll end up in a cab going home from that one try?

OKW all the way.

And a rental car.

Its not about not having a car, I have a car. I live here. Its just a nice convenience to be able to walk there. Not sure I would go as far as calling it a mall but I do understand your point. It does make for a nice view but I'm not sure that giving up the space at OKW and the fact that they enjoy that resort more is worth the walk and the view. Thank you for your input!!

You asked for opinions, and mine is OKW! I much prefer OKW to SSR for the reasons others have stated above.

I don't see any "mall" from the view we had out our villa window at SSR.

fchedit_zpsubgsnxwv.jpg

As an SSR owner I'm biased. We travel without a car and found OKW too big to navigate by foot. At SSR we have been fortunate to be in the Grandstand area as requested. We enjoy the Turf Club Bar and Grill more than OKW offerings and we think SSR wins hands down for pools. However, based on your requirements/description I would recommend you remain at OKW.

As an SSR owner I'm biased. We travel without a car and found OKW too big to navigate by foot. At SSR we have been fortunate to be in the Grandstand area as requested. We enjoy the Turf Club Bar and Grill more than OKW offerings and we think SSR wins hands down for pools. However, based on your requirements/description I would recommend you remain at OKW.

Thanks for your help! They'll be able to use my car and everything so that shouldn't be an issue. I appreciate the thoughtful input

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter