would this work trying to change to different resort

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
weve wanted to try and switch to a different resort at the 7 month mark
wed really like to try the BC but I know its hard to get into
but just he other day I had a thought

we rent out our poly points and then turn around and rent points for the BC

it sounds like it could be a lot of work but wed have a rental com do the paperwork
were just at the 11 month window for booking home resorts

if were really serious about doing this is it better to do it now or wait and see how things go
wouldwe be able to get home resort benefit then by renting from someone that owns at BC
or doesnt that really matter much

any advice or tips would be great
just an idea I had not sure if its even possible

weve wanted to try and switch to a different resort at the 7 month mark
wed really like to try the BC but I know its hard to get into
but just he other day I had a thought

we rent out our poly points and then turn around and rent points for the BC

it sounds like it could be a lot of work but wed have a rental com do the paperwork
were just at the 11 month window for booking home resorts

if were really serious about doing this is it better to do it now or wait and see how things go
wouldwe be able to get home resort benefit then by renting from someone that owns at BC
or doesnt that really matter much

any advice or tips would be great
just an idea I had not sure if its even possible
If you are looking at the 11 month window I'm assuming you are referring to January?

Stormalong bay will be closed starting in January 2025 through May 2025.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-villas/pools-beach-club-villas/

You may want to look at a different time if the pool is important to you.

If you are just looking at the resort and the short stroll home you can probably grab a 1 bedroom with your points at 7 months.

If the pool isn’t an issue it’s not a bad plan. There is cost for the rental though, beyond just the difference you pay in price and receive. You’re losing control of reservation. Some rental terms are better than others, but nothing will be nearly as good as the options an owner has.

We did that for a Summer HHI reservation years ago and it worked great. I rented a few more points than I would have used to cover the costs, since we did both ends through a broker. Its probably the best way to get an in demand non-home reservation.

(ETA: You do have all the risks of a rental, as stated above, which is why we did a broker so at least if our reservation was cancelled, we wouldn't be out cash).

I have been able to get date for BCV by wait listing a few days at a time so far. We waitlist in late June, though, so it's not crazy DVC high season. You can try that?

We could definitely help facilitate this at the DVC Rental Store! The biggest thing to take into consideration, however, is that you will probably be paying a 20-30% premium for the reservation since points are not equal in value and you would be paid member pricing for the Polynesian points you are renting, but would need to pay Guest pricing for the Beach Club reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter