Would there be any interest in a swap like this?

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
I'm going through my swap stash and organizing it a bit better than it was and I've realized I have lots of rides/attractions that I don't have any stuff for. Like MGM for example - I have Beauty and the Beast and Tower of Terror stuff spilling out of their bags, but absolutely nothing for the Backlot Tour and next to nothing for Indiana Jones. Other parks have similar gaps. Would there be any interest in a "fill-in-the-gaps" park swap where everyone interested in participating chose 1-2 attractions that they would like to receive something for and then people chose what they would sign up for from that list of attractions? Does that make sense?

Of course I could always make stuff for the things I'm missing myself, but you know it's easier to swap than scrap!

I don't know where it would fit in the calendar. Maybe toward the end of the year when we do the second chance swap?

that sounds cool!!
How would we keep you from getting more TOT stuff, but I could get some if we were together? Or would we not be together?

:confused3 I'm not sure about that. I guess my original thought would be that the nuts like me that have signed up for nearly every swap there is would all be in the same boat! We'd all be looking for similar things.

Obviously I need to think the details through a bit more. Suggestions welcome.

Maybe, people could submit 2 attractions they were looking for and 2 attractions they definitely did not want to get. Then the groups could be organized from there.

I would offer you some of my ToT stuff, but even though I have too much I can't bear to part with any of it!

I would be up for it.

Some things aren't as popular as others.

I would definately be up for it. I too have lots for some things and almost noghting for others. I have started tryiong to sign up for less popular attractions and choosing groups by finding attractions I don't have in the park swap because I too have tons for some things like Ariel's grotto in the MK but nothing for Tom Sawyer's Island that has the best picture spots.

Rebecca

I like this idea. I was trying to organize my photos to be scrapped and I realized that although I just did Peter Pan's Flight for the MK swap..I don't have a single photo from the ride. But, I have a ton of photos of the kids running through the water spraying totem poles in adventureland.

I like this idea. I was trying to organize my photos to be scrapped and I realized that although I just did Peter Pan's Flight for the MK swap..I don't have a single photo from the ride. But, I have a ton of photos of the kids running through the water spraying totem poles in adventureland.

That's a good one!

I like the idea, Suzanne! Are you talking about a swap to exchange ones we have too many of, or making new ones for those more rare attractions?

I have way too many Little Mermaid (with few pics since it's not my thing), Beauty and the Beast, Test Track, Living Seas, Rockin' Roller Coaster, etc. With some of the attractions, all you can do is take pics of the outside of the building and nothing much inside, but I keep getting swaps with those.

When I sign up for swaps, I try to do the more rare attractions and have done some with Tom Sawyer, Swiss Family Treehouse, Indiana Jones, and Backlot Tour, etc. There are still some that I don't have any of like TTA, Monorail, Carousel of Progress, etc.

I still would like to do an extinct attraction swap, but I don't know how many people have gone to the Parks when those attractions were still up and running like...Skyway, Horizons and Motion at Epcot, 20,000 Leagues, Mr. Toad, Main Street Cinema. Guess I'm dating myself!! LOL!!

Since you brought up the topic of attractions for which you have a lot of swap items, may I ask this question?...

I have received a lot of BEAUTIFUL Tinker Bell elements. They are very nice. I do like them, and I'd like to use them. It's just that I'm not sure where to use them. I've never heard of a character meeting place for Tink to get a pic and autograph. I didn't even think of taking a pic while we were peeking in the lock at Tinker Bell's Treasures. I'm kicking myself for not thinking about doing that until we were at home. This last time we didn't stay in MK late enough to try to take a pic of her over the castle before the fireworks. (Do they still do that?) Did I miss all the Tink opportunities? Where do you all use your Tinker Bell elements?

Since you brought up the topic of attractions for which you have a lot of swap items, may I ask this question?...

I have received a lot of BEAUTIFUL Tinker Bell elements. They are very nice. I do like them, and I'd like to use them. It's just that I'm not sure where to use them. I've never heard of a character meeting place for Tink to get a pic and autograph. I didn't even think of taking a pic while we were peeking in the lock at Tinker Bell's Treasures. I'm kicking myself for not thinking about doing that until we were at home. This last time we didn't stay in MK late enough to try to take a pic of her over the castle before the fireworks. (Do they still do that?) Did I miss all the Tink opportunities? Where do you all use your Tinker Bell elements?

That's another one that's hard to use a lot of. I would use Tink embellishments on pages with the castle since we know she's often associated with the castle. Also, I would use a few in my Epcot Flower and Garden layouts since there is sometimes a Tink Secret Garden....but not everyone has gone to F&G. Still, there's not a lot of use for her to have a lot of elements with her theme. I've pretty much stopped doing any character swaps since I've got enough to take care of the pics I have.

I have the lock pic if you would like it. And yes when the weather is right she still flies over the park.
There is an ongoing rumor of a Tink meet and greet, but when is anyone guess.
I use my Tinkerbell stuff for non Disney, girlie pages. I did do one with her flying over the castle, and I got a few ok looking shots from the Pirate and Princess Party parade. I can share those too.

I have the lock pic if you would like it. And yes when the weather is right she still flies over the park.
There is an ongoing rumor of a Tink meet and greet, but when is anyone guess.
I use my Tinkerbell stuff for non Disney, girlie pages. I did do one with her flying over the castle, and I got a few ok looking shots from the Pirate and Princess Party parade. I can share those too.

I'd love to see your pics, too, Buffy! I'm not sure what the lock pic is?

I may actually be interested in this, because I have some great pics of Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and absolutly no embellishments for them!!!

here's tink in the dresser
keyhole_tink_sm.jpg

That Tink in the dresser pic is really neat!
How did you get that?
My eyes must be going because we only occasionally briefly saw a little light (if we timed it right) when we peeked in there.
That picture would be really cool on a layout. I still wish I would have taken a picture of my kids looking into the lock. That would be great together. Now I need to go back and take one, but I don't think DH will go for another WDW trip so soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter