Would love some advice!

don't forget the Flower and Garden Festival in March to July at Epcot. If your at BWV/BCV you can just walk over. Check out (the Disney food blog) site. Lots to eat
Since BC isn't our home resort, what do you think the likelihood of getting tow or three units at 7 months out?

When we do multi-family trips, we always get a 1-BDRM for DW & me and studios for all the other families. As stated above, privacy and get away time is important. We gather in the 1-BDRM for family meals, plan the next day, etc and at night each family has a get-away place to on their on.
One thing to think about, it is OK to not do everything as a family group and make sure everyone knows this ahead of time.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Since we cant get confirmation from about half of the people, we are putting this trip idea on hold for awhile...Apparently the idea of a cruise is being discussed :(

Thanks everyone! Since we cant get confirmation from about half of the people, we are putting this trip idea on hold for awhile...Apparently the idea of a cruise is being discussed :(
Sorry for the disappointment, but better to have it fall apart now than after you’ve already committed points to book multiple villas. And hopefully if there’s a cruise, each family will book and pay for their own accommodations.

Sorry for the disappointment, but better to have it fall apart now than after you’ve already committed points to book multiple villas. And hopefully if there’s a cruise, each family will book and pay for their own accommodations.
My thoughts exactly!Thank you :)

Timeshares can be difficult to share since the guests you invite usually don't understand the need for a commitment. Its "free" right? Sorry this is falling apart but I agree, it sounds like its for the best. If it helps.....we were just talking about the last set of guests we took. I did twelve months of planning, bought them books, guided them to websites, tried to get them to tell me what they wanted to see, where they wanted to eat, what they wanted to do, whether they were willing to get up for rope drop, would need a mid afternoon break, or wanted to stay up for fireworks (I'm not a huge fan of fireworks so don't tend to plan them) - explaining all the while that Disney needed to be planned - it wasn't a good winging it vacation - and got a lot of "whatever you think is best." They had a young kid and having done this before, even suggested they take the kid to a local amusement park to find out if the kid had triggers - dark, heights, loud - you know.....they didn't. Turn out the kid is terrified of heights. Turns out that Dad started second guessing every Fastpass I'd booked and every meal I scheduled two days in when he suddenly became an "expert." Turned out they all LOVED fireworks. Nearly killed the Dad.....

A suggestion for when a large group WDW stay is considered again (if it is)--

Don't promote scooter use for the elders unless they seem initially receptive.

Instead, encourage them to watch park and resort tour videos to see for themselves how much walking there'll be. And, not so much the professionally produced ones which tend to edit or speed up the long walk stretches to get to the shops or attractions quickly. The amateur videos often show more accurately how much walking there actually is.

And, if they still insist they can do the walking, accept that for the moment and drop the topic. They'll find out for themselves whether or not they can once they get there and try it. At which point, getting in-park scooters or making a call to a rental agency can be done as needed and desired.

Even though elders know intellectually that mobility aids would make their experience much more enjoyable and easier on them, it can be sooooo very difficult emotionally to admit that to themselves. Such admissions can feel like, "I'm OLD and decrepit." Amplified, when younger relatives start promoting mobility aids which the elders never use at home... "Oh. So you think I'm that old and decrepit, huh?"

It's weird. I know from experience. It took me over 6 YEARS to admit that I should get a hearing test despite knowing I probably had some hearing loss. And, yes, I do have some and now have hearing aids at age 72. Which I wear but still feel mark me as falling apart, ridiculous though I know that is.

It can be a very sensitive issue, needing such aids. Go cautiously and gently when raising the topic again, please.

Last edited:
A suggestion for when a large group WDW stay is considered again (if it is)--

Don't promote scooter use for the elders unless they seem initially receptive.

Instead, encourage them to watch park and resort tour videos to see for themselves how much walking there'll be. And, not so much the professionally produced ones which tend to edit or speed up the long walk stretches to get to the shops or attractions quickly. The amateur videos often show more accurately how much walking there actually is.

And, if they still insist they can do the walking, accept that for the moment and drop the topic. They'll find out for themselves whether or not they can once they get there and try it. At which point, getting in-park scooters or making a call to a rental agency can be done as needed and desired.

Even though elders know intellectually that mobility aids would make their experience much more enjoyable and easier on them, it can be sooooo very difficult emotionally to admit that to themselves. Such admissions can feel like, "I'm OLD and decrepit." Amplified, when younger relatives start promoting mobility aids which the elders never use at home... "Oh. So you think I'm that old and decrepit, huh?"

It's weird. I know from experience. It took me over 6 YEARS to admit that I should get a hearing test despite knowing I probably had some hearing loss. And, yes, I do have some and now have hearing aids at age 72. Which I wear but still feel mark me as falling apart, ridiculous though I know that is.

It can be a very sensitive issue, needing such aids. Go cautiously and gently when raising the topic again, please.
The olders who we hoped would use them, have been to WDW a few times. They said it was too much walking so they didn't want to do the parks, and we were hoping they would join for at least a day. But I understand, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter