• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Would it be mental?

FireWoman

Earning My Ears
To run the Neverland 5K Friday night (I'm in no hurry, and Friday would be an easy 3 day) and then the Tink 1/2 Sunday morning?

nope. not crazy at all. This past weekend I just did the 5k on Saturday and Half on Sunday at Disneyland. Was nice to stretch the legs and get some of the pictures out of the way during the 5k.

I say go for it!

Not crazy at all. I did the 5K & Disneyland ½. In a few weeks I'm doing the Halloween 5K and the Wine & Dine ½ which are held on the same day!

Not at all...that is just the warm-up. The only think I don't like about the 5K is that you don't get an official time and it is pretty expensive compared to the half for a plastic medallion instead of a heavy medal.

Thank you for all of the responses! I'm so excited at the idea of doing this. I know the price isn't right (AT ALL), but my sister who is taken a tremendous journey to lose more than half of her weight, has started C25K, and I'm already doing Tink.

She's thinking of going with me to cheer me on, so I convinced her to do Neverland (especially since it ISN'T timed), and thought I could support her best by running alongside her. BUT my running partner didn't think it was wise. I can't think of anything better... So I'm thankful for your experiences! I know what I'm going to do!:banana:

I WANT to do it, I'm just still torn on the $90 5k entry fee :confused3

but that said, no it's not mental. Heck I'm doing the Halloween 5k & Wine and Dine half marathon on the same day! :thumbsup2

I haven't run a half yet, but I am in a similar (though less extreme) place as your sister. Lost 40 pounds, decided to get healthy, and signed up for a 5k when no one thought I could do it. It would mean the world to me if my brother or sister joined me. I am sure it will mean a lot to your sister as well.

I am like you and haven't run a Half yet. But if you have put in the 'foot time' in your training for the Half, then doing the 5K is just like doing a maintenance run. I wouldn't suggest going for a PR, just run it easy and enjoy the time with your sister. Supporting her will be the memory that both of you will cherish every time you look at the medallion.

as long as you're not really "racing" the 5k and take it at an easy pace - moderate at most - i see no reason why you couldn't (other than you are paying $50 to take an untimed 5k easy...thx disney :lmao: )

It's not mental at all. Heck, if you really wanted to, you could probably race the 5k, and it wouldn't affect you as much on Sunday morning as touring the park on Satruday would.

Obviously, since you are pacing someone, it is probably at an easier pace, so aside from the lunacy of the fee for an unchipped race, it makes perfect sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter