Worth switching resorts for one night?

mrsgoose8

Mouseketeer
we decided to add on a night to our upcoming june trip. We'd like to check out BLT so we thought we might do a split stay... but it's unavailable except for the one add on night.

would you stay there/move everything (we have two small kids!) for just the one night? Or add on at our current location?

Thanks! :)

I forgot to add this bit of info: most likely we would still need to switch rooms (from a one bedroom to a studio) to avoid borrowing points.

We could also stay off site for the last night, we have tons of points through marriott we could use.

To qualify my answer let me first say I've never been to BLT. But here's my thoughts...

It somewhat depends on if you've stayed there before and where you're staying the rest if the time. I'll be renting points at three dvc resorts on our next stay and the reason is I wanted to experience different areas. So I could see staying at BLT for one night if you're really into it. You can see the fireworks at MK, watch the EWP on the lake, make an ADR for breakfast at any number of restaurants. The studio will be small but you say you have two small kids and it's only one night. If the idea really appeals to you I say why not :)

I would not switch resorts. Either I would either borrow points to not have to switch rooms, or I would not extend the trip.

I could also stay in AKL Kidani for the first half the week and then switch to a value room at Jambo.

The only thing I'm worried about in a studio would be my two year old's sleep. He has been a lot better lately, but when we stayed in a value room (at POP) on our first trip to disney his sleep was a nightmare..(part of what sold us on DVC!) I'd like to avoid that one again!!

Ahem* I *told* my husband we should've bought more points! :)

I could also stay in AKL Kidani for the first half the week and then switch to a value room at Jambo.

The only thing I'm worried about in a studio would be my two year old's sleep. He has been a lot better lately, but when we stayed in a value room (at POP) on our first trip to disney his sleep was a nightmare..(part of what sold us on DVC!) I'd like to avoid that one again!!

Ahem* I *told* my husband we should've bought more points! :)

Value villas are usually sold out at 11 months out because they are limited in number.

And with two small children, I wouldn't change for just one night. You'd be homeless when you check out of resort one before your villa is ready in resort two. If you have perishables, you'd have to pack them up in some sort of refrigerated bag until they were relocated to the new resort. They would be refrigerated by Bell Services at the first resort and second resort, but not during transport.

We will have a car with us, and we do have to switch, unless I want to pay for the extra points, one time use. Even if it means we switch to a Marriott..

The value room is available for one of the two nights (if I wanted to make it so i didnt have to switch for only one night). I do realize these book first (I booked my December stay in one! at the 11 month window). But I remain hopeful that I could get one...

How much are one time use points, again?

We will have a car with us, and we do have to switch, unless I want to pay for the extra points, one time use. Even if it means we switch to a Marriott..

The value room is available for one of the two nights (if I wanted to make it so i didnt have to switch for only one night). I do realize these book first (I booked my December stay in one! at the 11 month window). But I remain hopeful that I could get one...

How much are one time use points, again?

$15 each and you can purchase them to make a reservation at seven months out. Not before then.

I am probably one of the rare ones that does not mind doing split stays. Give me the chance to experience something different. We did split stay VWL & VGF for Christmas & had a great time. The whole pack/unpack is a little annoying but nothing major unless you plan on spending time at the pool & parks daily. I don't quite know how that would work out with younger kids though? When my DS was younger staying on the monorail line was a must. I think having monorail/walking access to MK might outweigh the hassle of changing resorts with little ones. We are doing a split stay next week- SSR & AKV Jambo. Gives us the opportunity to enjoy downtown Disney and some down time at AKV. If swimming were an option (too cold now), that would make changing resorts less desirable for me.

I have done this three times...one night in the beginning of our trip BLT with two small kiddio's and 4 adults...with one another adult as our last night at BLT and the last time at BLT for the last night with a 4 yrs old. Worked out fine all three times and we didn't have a vehicle. We moved food when it was the last night...no issues with that either. What a glorious start and or finish watching the fireworks from your balcony...obviously we had theme park views each time. That said, this time we will do the last two nights at VGF to give us a bit more time at a resort that I figure we may never get again. That stay we are 4 nights at BCV, 8 nights at OKW and the last two at VGF...can't wait....

Sounds like you have to be 'homeless' no matter what. Since that is the case I say give BLT a chance. You want to know what it's like, you have to pack up and move anyway, so go for it. You can check in and keep your fingers crossed that a room is ready, if not you can head to the pools.

You'll have less packing to do the next day.

Ok figured id update!

To optimize points & based on availability we actually opted to do 2 nights in an Okw studio, then 4 nights at AKL-kidani. We stayed within the original points used, but got an extra night this way! And now we can check out another resort! Yay.:)

We love changing resorts and usually split most of our vacations between 2 DVC. It's usually Monorail/EPCOT and sometimes 2 days over AKV. Bell services take our bags and we head out to the park for the day. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter