worst you have eaten while traveling?

Soviet Union. Egg soup. It was chicken broth with a hard boiled egg in it. The egg was still in the shell.

Ugh! How about the crap meal I just ate on an Air France flight to Italy in November. Worst food ever and I was in Business. Yuck. I'll take economy on TAP Air Portugal any day. The food is better!

Meal on a flight to Amsterdam....and then I got food poisoning. Not a fun few days on my cruise.

I remember seeing a few things in Europe that I just wouldn't eat. I am not too into seafood, so I avoided that. Sometimes I had to stick to bread.

I've had some pretty questionable food at times during my camping adventures but they were all my own fault. Cooking is not something I do well.

Ugh! How about the crap meal I just ate on an Air France flight to Italy in November. Worst food ever and I was in Business. Yuck. I'll take economy on TAP Air Portugal any day. The food is better!
Oh no...sorry you had a bad meal in business class. Man...we are planning on flying with them too for our trip later this year! When it comes to airplane food...Singapore Airlines or ANA have the best food!

I haven’t been to one, but a lot of food at State fairs looks really unappealing.

I parrot @tvguy, although my experience was post-perestroika. The food in Bryansk, RU, was so bad that my DH lost 20 pounds and I 10 in 3-weeks time.

They served bread at every meal in the hotel's restaurant, but only got one delivery per week. When we tried pizza at a restaurant suggested by our guide, it had BBQ sauce on it and ham and corn kernels. The only good things were yogurt and the cakes we bought.

Up until our last trip to WDW a couple months ago I wouldn’t have mentioned anything but the penne pasta dish at Sci-Fi was horrible. I literally took 1 bite and didn’t want any more of it. What a waste of money that was.

Easy, a 4 night Royal Caribbean Cruise we took out of Port Canaveral to the Bahamas. We were living down there at the time and thought it would be a fun "long weekend" trip. Just awful. The food at some meals was essentially inedible...especially the "beach day" set up they did.

We had a terrible meal in business on United...from Oahu to Newark....just awful. United needs to up their game in the food department for sure.

We stayed at an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. The food was awful. The ketchup was just pureed tomatoes. I'm pretty sure the meat was "Carne de burro". We survived on bread and margaritas.

Without a doubt it was a meal I had at Cinderella's Royal Table in the late 90s

I wish I could recall what it was but is was beyond disgusting. Even just to look at it made you feel unwell.
It was some sort of meat in what i can best describe as a purple nuclear waste sauce. It was sort of a glowing purple.
It may have been made from beets. I like beets when they are cooked properly but not when they still have that dirt taste and this had that dirt taste.

Yeah I've had other not so great meals all over the world, but that one always sticks out as the worst.

2nd place has to go to any of the recent Aer Lingus meals - they have really cut corners. The bad attitude of the Flight Attendants was bad enough, but the food is even worse.

Been sitting here idly thinking to self : “Never really had a meal that was that bad…” And then you fine people reminded me of airline food. 😩

First international flight was with a discount outfit called Laker Airways. You had to pay separately for a meal. And they didn’t have an airline terminal just a bus stop in Jamaica, Queens. You’d think that would have prepared me for what you paid to eat in the morning.
NOTHING could have prepped me for their version of sausage banger. Never saw so much food hit the trash can, uneaten. Somehow the rest of my days in London was a whirlwind of truly bad food. I realize now that’s one of the reasons I so rarely go to the UK. I hear things have changed a lot and hope for a different experience my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter