Worst Room View Pics Thread

With the number of times we've been, and never once having upgraded to a "view" room, we always end up with our window over-looking a quiet courtyard, or a under-used back path to somewhere else. It never even crossed my mind how craptastic some of the views could have been.
Worse view I ever had was waking at 6:00 am-ish to screaming/cheering, and looking through the drapes at dozens of pubescent children flailing around, practicing (assumedly) for some morning cheer competition. I wanted to chuck my pillows at them, but figured, "What the heck, when in Rome," and started dance/cheering around the room to the annoyance of my wife and daughter. They thought it less funny than I.
I have neither pictures of any views from any rooms, nor (fortunately for you) pics of myself cheering in my boxers.
I vote for worst pic, the loading doc/construction picture. That would not be good.

:rotfl: You sound like me! On our last trip, we went with my brother's family and stayed in connecting rooms at the Radisson the night before we headed over to WDW property to start our trip. We wanted to get up early to go check in and POP, so I got up and opened the connecting door and started singing, "Everybody Wang Chung tonight, everybody have fun tonight!" My brother woke up and started laughing hilariously, but SIL was not so happy with the serenade....Her response was "Holy c#@$!" It was pretty funny though - my family thought it was great (of course they're used to my silly singing in the morning already). Sorry it's a little off topic, but I had to share:offtopic:

Here's the worst Dolphin view I've ever had. I assumed when we were upgraded to the Epcot view that I'd actually be able to look out the window. :rotfl2: We were able to move a couple of days later. I'd paid for a standard view but we're always upgraded so I was a bit surprised by this:

17858dolphin1-med.jpg

Yacht Club Standard View 3232 booked using a convention rate:

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Not only was it UGLY, but it was extra hot on the balcony with the heat rolling off the roof and loud from the nearby exhaust fans. We could "kinda" see the top of the pool! :rolleyes:

We had a similar view at the BC, but without anything in the distance. We requested a room change immediately - the CM was not nice about it at all, but we did get changed to room sort of overlooking the volleyball court, with a step out balcony. MUCH nicer than the orginal view of the hot rooftop!

This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room: :scared1:

wildernesslodgebadview.jpg

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!! :scared:

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!! :faint:

Oh no... that is horrible!
We are staying at the WL for our honeymoon HM Suite and i cant find any reviews or pictures!! I hope its better than this!!!!!:crazy2:

OMG, that roof view at the WL is horrid!!!:eek:

We had one of the lesser views at SSR. Even though it overlooked a parking lot, the view wasn't too bad. It just goes to show you that if this is considered a bad view at SSR, most of the views there are very nice.

Looking left:
WDW2007005.jpg

Looking right:
WDW2007007.jpg

Looking down:
WDW2007004.jpg

Looking straight ahead:
WDW2007003.jpg

I think I stayed in that room...view looks oddly familiar :artist:

Then you better request a room facing the lake not MK! We were upgraded to the HM suite for our 25th in May. It was facing I guess MK since we were able to see Wishes each night. During the day all you saw was roofs, and if you looked way down the loading dock with trucks and in the distance you could make out a ferry now and then and CR in the distance. I have pictures of our view if you want to see them. The only saving grace was we were only in the room for 4 nights and we could see Wishes oh and it was a free upgrade. I would never stay there in that room longer or if we were spending any time relaxing and looking at the view! We moved to the CR on the 5th night with a great water view.....Oh...there are only 4 HM suites at the WL . 2 on the bad side and 2 on the good side. SO.....good luck!

Oh no... that is horrible!
We are staying at the WL for our honeymoon HM Suite and i cant find any reviews or pictures!! I hope its better than this!!!!!:crazy2:

ROFLLMAO - that's me - the Dolphin lady! Hey guess what?!?! That was our room from 2007 - I was at The Dolphin just 4 weeks ago and this was my view this year...

IMG_3498.jpg

A million times better! We're Starwood Gold this year so it's an automatic upgrade if there's one available...so this was the view from a deluxe room on the 6th floor. It was gorgeous!

You should you blow up this picture and take it with you from now on! That's a truely lovely view :thumbsup2

I'm working on booking my first trip to DW in over 20 years and I'm hoping to stay in a resort hotel. I hope I get a decent view, but after 20+ years, I'll just be happy to be there again and sharing it with my little boy!!!

This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room: :scared1:

wildernesslodgebadview.jpg

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!! :scared:

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!! :faint:

This would be the worst view for me, is this a view? :lmao: So far we haven't got a view like this and don't want to.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

You definitely win but I am really surprised by this. Usually Disney is so big on "show" and guests not seeing how everything works. Weird

better than that one roof top view, least this has activity and people watching possiblities, even if it is ugly

You have to at least tell us what hotel this was & where. I wonder what the front desk would think if you requested room 24, maybe slipping into the conversation that you don't make friends easily and hoped this would be a way... :dance3:

It was actually a small hotel in Scotland.
I don't remember the name.
But we were on our way back from Loch Ness half way to London.
Right near St. Andrew's Golf Course. (the worlds first golf course)
I was just an amazing thing that we just had to take a picture of
because no one would believe it if we just told them.

I didn't take a picture of my worst view but it was at CSR. The agent said, "you have a fountain view" and I thought "great". Unfortunately, the fountain was under construction and the workers made a fair amount of noise, plus the odor from the paint was awful.

I didn't complain since csr was fully booked and I was there for a conference, meaning my employer paid for the room.

Haven't got a photo but it was at Disneyland Paris at the Newport Bay Club (which is a hotel which looks similar to the Yacht Club at WDW) - outside our window we just had a blank wall only a few yards away - you could see absolutely zilch. I was working in travel at the time and it was a travel agents freebie trip (so we could promote the resort back home to our clients) - the rest of the trip was great though and we (as a family) have been back to the hotel since (witha much better view this time)

Wow, I never even thought about having a bad view at a deluxe resort.:rotfl2:

keep them coming!!::yes::

Haven't got a photo but it was at Disneyland Paris at the Newport Bay Club (which is a hotel which looks similar to the Yacht Club at WDW) - outside our window we just had a blank wall only a few yards away - you could see absolutely zilch. I was working in travel at the time and it was a travel agents freebie trip (so we could promote the resort back home to our clients) - the rest of the trip was great though and we (as a family) have been back to the hotel since (witha much better view this time)

About 10 years ago, our wonderful Newport Bay Club room was on a corner of the top floor. One set of windows faced the reflecting pool. The other set looked toward the park (no Studios yet).

This was classed as a standard room. Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

It was in May, and the sunny weather was as excellent as the best day in Florida. We're almost afraid to go back for fear that it couldn't be so perfect again.

We had a similar view at the BC, but without anything in the distance. We requested a room change immediately - the CM was not nice about it at all, but we did get changed to room sort of overlooking the volleyball court, with a step out balcony. MUCH nicer than the orginal view of the hot rooftop!
Ah, we had the coveted hot rooftop view. It had the itty bitty balcony, but who wanted to stand outside, looking at the rooftop in August anyway? Good thing was, we were right off of the lobby. Oh well, when we book standard view rooms, we're ready for anything. However, if I book a pool view or water view, that's a different story.

We're staying standard view at BC again - I'll be sure to take a picture if we are lucky enough to score the rooftop view....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter