Worst quick service at deluxe resort

Hard agree with their assessment of the lunch/dinner service -- was not happy with Contempo Cafe for dinner, everything I tried was rancid. Had a patty melt that was inedible. I did try Contempo Cafe for breakfast one morning and was happier with the breakfast flatbread I got, plus very impressed with two pastries my family ordered for the table.

My boiling hot take is that all of the QS options at the Deluxe resorts are lacking. I've never been truly "wow"ed by any of them, those kitchens always seem so small and the menus are always lacking. Moderate resort and Value resort "food court" style QS locations always have better, more customizable dishes and much larger menus.

What Deluxe resorts lack in QS options is picked up by some pretty great TS restaurants across the board, so it's a bit of give-and-take, but I just wish the majority of Deluxe resorts had at least some type of customizable breakfast bowl/platter option in the morning.

I saw this article on the disboards news:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...uick-service-at-a-disney-world-deluxe-resort/
I thought it was interesting. Contempo Cafe is actually our favorite, so I was surprised by the article and thought it would be interesting to see if we are in the minority. What do you guys think of Contempo? What’s the worst quick service at deluxe in your opinion?
I would say our favorite is Artist's Palette at SSR, but Contempo Cafe is definitely in the #2 spot. I love the tofu bowl and actually crave it when I'm at home. We've never had a negative experience there. Love mobile ordering a late night snack right before they close after a busy park day. Easy pick up and everything has always been fresh, hot, and well packaged.

(My comparison is among deluxe resorts only. We've never been to the others.)

Editing because I didn't answer the question. Oops! The worst is Boardwalk because there isn't one. hahaha. Worst of the existing ones (deluxe only comparison) is Beach Club. What is that smell?!

At least Contempo has good seating. We've only been there for breakfast, but the breakfast is comparable to every other Disney QS and I enjoyed watching the families with little kids going to Chef Mickey's. It was really cute people watching.

The only meal we may eat at QS is breakfast, so my evaluation of resort QS is all about breakfast. I'm surprised they didn't mention the Epcot resort QS. We love the Epcot resorts, but the menu options for breakfast are limited, it's just a counter in the middle of a shop, and there isn't much (any) seating and it always "feels" so crowded.

At least Contempo has good seating. We've only been there for breakfast, but the breakfast is comparable to every other Disney QS and I enjoyed watching the families with little kids going to Chef Mickey's. It was really cute people watching.

The only meal we may eat at QS is breakfast, so my evaluation of resort QS is all about breakfast. I'm surprised they didn't mention the Epcot resort QS. We love the Epcot resorts, but the menu options for breakfast are limited, it's just a counter in the middle of a shop, and there isn't much (any) seating and it always "feels" so crowded.
I love sitting there too, but I am a self confessed Contemporary Nut. The forth floor is one of my favorite places on Earth!

If SSR is considered a Deluxe, I would say that Good's To Go at OKW is the worst.

Otherwise, I can't think of a Deluxe resort QS that is worse than Contempo Cafe. That doesn't mean it's bad, just not as good or interesting as some of the more themed QS restaurants like The Mara or Captain Cooks.

We stayed at BLT in April for a week. I never found any of the items we had to be bad. I just thought the menu was pretty lacking since we ate multiple meals there throughout the week. We ended up getting Steakhouse 71 almost everyday for lunch since mobile order got the dvc discount. Dh had a burger and I got the salad. Prices weren’t much more and the food was so much better.

I usually see most YouTubers recommend it as a good option for a break from MK, so I was surprised to see it listed as the worst counter service at a resort.

Probably Goods to Go? I don't think it's the worst as far as food taste goes - they all more or less taste the same/portions/food/quality of food used, etc. - but I think it is lacking in selection and size of the place/area/no inside place to eat - what if it's pouring and one was planning on a QS bite.....

(Have not tried BW since it reopened the food court area in the lobby/not sure if it even serves or is considered QS - This one could be at the bottom otherwise for not having one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest