WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Pains me to say it.. but I will likely never go back to Flying Fish after our experience there on April 29th. The food was actually very good, but the server was so obnoxious and insulting that I was almost in tears by the time we left. It was our first dinner as newlyweds and I felt like we were treated as though we had never been in a remotely fine dining restaurant.

Everything seemed to turn south when we told him we were on the dining plan and his immediate response was, "just to let you know, I do it by the books unlike some servers." This response really confused me and still does to this day. Did he think we were there to cheat the system? Why else would you say this?

We ordered alcoholic drinks and he asked for ID, which was fine and completely expected, but he commented on my DH's ID having a sticky residue and asked him why he had a sticker on it in the past. He has never had a sticker on it... he had a brand new wallet and I guess it came off of that.. but why does it matter if it's sticky? Then he said "I have a four year old daughter, I'm used to sticky surfaces" and walked off as if we were the most disgusting people he's ever met.

After he delivered our entrees, he randomly came by our table and said "I worked at the number 2 steakhouse in the country, but I cant reveal the name out of a conflict of interest with Disney." Okay... We were in the middle of eating, why would you come and tell us that?

And then finally the end of the night is when I almost broke down at the way he was treating us. I filled out the bill, left a 20% tip (because I'm way too nice of a person), and went to the bathroom. When I came back he was standing at our table WAITING on me to come back from the bathroom so he could explain how I filled the bill out wrong. I DIDN'T BRING THE TIP DOWN TO THE TOTAL LINE and it was the end of the world. We were on the dining plan, so literally just because I didn't write the same number twice he waited until I came out of the bathroom. And his comment was "remember when I said I do it by the books?"

He made me redo the bill again! I wish I could go back and put a big, fat 0 for the tip. I've felt more welcome at our local McDonalds than I did at the Flying Fish.

I emailed guest services and got the standard "we will be sure to share your email with the Flying Fish" line.

If I do go back, I'll definitely be asking NOT to have this same server.

I wish you had called for a manager early; bullies shouldn't be allowed to work at Disney.

Pains me to say it.. but I will likely never go back to Flying Fish after our experience there on April 29th. The food was actually very good, but the server was so obnoxious and insulting that I was almost in tears by the time we left. It was our first dinner as newlyweds and I felt like we were treated as though we had never been in a remotely fine dining restaurant.

Everything seemed to turn south when we told him we were on the dining plan and his immediate response was, "just to let you know, I do it by the books unlike some servers." This response really confused me and still does to this day. Did he think we were there to cheat the system? Why else would you say this?

We ordered alcoholic drinks and he asked for ID, which was fine and completely expected, but he commented on my DH's ID having a sticky residue and asked him why he had a sticker on it in the past. He has never had a sticker on it... he had a brand new wallet and I guess it came off of that.. but why does it matter if it's sticky? Then he said "I have a four year old daughter, I'm used to sticky surfaces" and walked off as if we were the most disgusting people he's ever met.

After he delivered our entrees, he randomly came by our table and said "I worked at the number 2 steakhouse in the country, but I cant reveal the name out of a conflict of interest with Disney." Okay... We were in the middle of eating, why would you come and tell us that?

And then finally the end of the night is when I almost broke down at the way he was treating us. I filled out the bill, left a 20% tip (because I'm way too nice of a person), and went to the bathroom. When I came back he was standing at our table WAITING on me to come back from the bathroom so he could explain how I filled the bill out wrong. I DIDN'T BRING THE TIP DOWN TO THE TOTAL LINE and it was the end of the world. We were on the dining plan, so literally just because I didn't write the same number twice he waited until I came out of the bathroom. And his comment was "remember when I said I do it by the books?"

He made me redo the bill again! I wish I could go back and put a big, fat 0 for the tip. I've felt more welcome at our local McDonalds than I did at the Flying Fish.

I emailed guest services and got the standard "we will be sure to share your email with the Flying Fish" line.

Maybe it's a gift of age, but I would have zeroed out the tip and walked out.

Maybe it's a gift of age, but I would have zeroed out the tip and walked out.

I think I was so shocked that I just wanted to get out there as fast as possible. Plus DH is pretty non-confrontational, so he was telling me to just not worry about it. I'm still in disbelief about that whole experience.

As someone who enjoys eating on property and enjoys a good meal anywhere, there are a list of restaurants we will not go to period or ones that have fallen into very bad favor with us:
MK- The ONLY TS restaurant Ill walk into and eat is Skipper and it is well worth it. The rest of the TS restaurants in MK are just not good. Ill go to the monorail resorts and eat at Citricos, Narcoosees, Cal Grill, Wave before Ill at at a TS other than Skipper in MK. CS in MK has some bright spots. Columbia Harbor House is top of the list. Pecos isnt bad.
Epcot- TS-San Angel, Nine Dragons, Biergarten, Coral Reef are all No goes. Plenty of better places either in WS or just outside IG at BC/YC/BDW/Swalphin. CS- Lotus Blossom, Liberty Inn, Absolutely no. However The Patisserie and Katsura Grill are excellent.
DS- TS- H&V is atrocious as is Mama Melrose. Sci Fi is fairly bearable, 50s isnt awful. HBD is the primary choice. CS- NONE, NONE< ZERO.>Where counter service goes to die..Studios
AK- TS- Havent had a wont ever go back meal anywhere in the park. Love Tiffins and relaxing at Nomad lounge. CS- Pizzafari is bad and I wont go there or restaurantasaurus, but, Satuil Canteen may be the best CS anywhere on property and the Harambe Market is also really good.
Springs/Resorts- TS- Artist Point is a big miss for us, Kona has gone in the toilet, Trails end is absolutely horrible, 1900PF, Chef Mickeys, House of blues, Paddlefish, The Edison are all no goes. CS- Most of the food courts at Value or moderate resorts arent great while springs is surprisingly strong for counter service options. Blaze, Earl, Poutine, etc.

WOW, just WOW!!! You guys are good people for putting up with that.... I would not have been so nice. I would have had asked to see the manager. Sorry you two had such a horrible experience. :(

I have a few on my list.

Turf Club: horrid food, particularly their buffalo chicken dip, just a nasty recipe. Very sad pasta dish, pathetic really. Also, their salmon dinner was not great. Actually felt ripped off, dinner was about $75 for 2. This was so much money for such an awfully executed meal.

Boatwrights: one of the worst experiences with ADR times, we ended up waiting about 60 minutes or more past our ADR. Food was just meh, there was so much hype about how great the food was and I didn't think so, especially after waiting so incredibly long. Service was ok after we got seated, but it was a real failure, won't go back. The place wasn't even crowded, no rhyme or reason to it, and no real management getting things done.

Casey's: stale bread, hot dog not really good either, didn't like it. Don't know why it gets great reviews.

My first time at this thread and I see that its now 53 pages long. This is the page i started on and I am wondering:
1. Which restaurants lead the pack with them most comments
2. And....I have to assume with 53 that almost every restaurant has been mentioned at least a few times.
Hey, hey , hey, no cutting the line..... you gotta suffer with the rest of us and read all 52 preceding pages..... :rotfl2:

Example - Really enjoy Tusker House and I can't tell you how many good meals over time we had at Raglan and the Turf Club, for some people, it's no bueno. :confused3

Via Napoli

Never again! Our waiter was horrible, looked like he couldn't be bothered with us. Waited almost 40 min to be able to order. Then 3 of our meals finally came out after 45 minutes waiting. We figured the other 2 meals were right behind them. NO! About 10 minutes later we had to ask about our other meals and then they were finally brought out pretty cold. The food was also not really anything special. We have not revisited and won't.

I think I was so shocked that I just wanted to get out there as fast as possible. Plus DH is pretty non-confrontational, so he was telling me to just not worry about it. I'm still in disbelief about that whole experience.

Wow, that is a terrible story. I know it's just not in some folks nature to pipe up and say something, but in this case I wouldn't even call it "confrontational" or "non-confrontational". Perhaps that server was just having a bad day, but what if they weren't and just acted like that because they could get away with it? That's why you politely ask for the manager and express your concerns...please do this should anything remotely like this happen to you in the future, at least it may spare others from the same experience.

Hopefully the rest of your trip went better!

Wow, that is a terrible story. I know it's just not in some folks nature to pipe up and say something, but in this case I wouldn't even call it "confrontational" or "non-confrontational". Perhaps that server was just having a bad day, but what if they weren't and just acted like that because they could get away with it? That's why you politely ask for the manager and express your concerns...please do this should anything remotely like this happen to you in the future, at least it may spare others from the same experience.

Hopefully the rest of your trip went better!
I agree. I would have rewritten the slip with a 0 in the tip then asked to see the manager. That person has no business working with the public, or they need serious retraining.

I agree. I would have rewritten the slip with a 0 in the tip then asked to see the manager. That person has no business working with the public, or they need serious retraining.

The sad thing is he told us at least three times that he trains new servers :scared: and that he can't expect his trainees to do things by the books if he doesn't. :rotfl:Honestly the whole thing felt like a dream considering we got up at 3:30 AM that morning and we were eating at 9 PM. I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep at the table.

If it makes anyone feel better, Wolfgang Pucks anything restaurant anywhere is not so good to not at all good. When we travel, we used to keep trying different Puck locations...now, we just avoid them.
What about WPE in Disney Springs? That is probably my favorite overall at Disney. The CS one.

I wouldn’t even call my experience the worst but I probably won’t go back to Hollywood & Vine. Service was great and the interaction was the best but the food wasn’t all that special. I might go back once I have kids but until then I’ll go to Epcot or the resorts in that area

We had the same guy. He made a similar comment to us about working at the number 2 steakhouse. He was awful for us too.

Homecomin’ was our worst meal over 2 weeks of multiple ADRs each day. I was looking forward to it. This was last week.

As a party of 2 we were seated in a half booth/half chair table next to a party of 10. However, the problem was the restaurant put a chair for the large party in between our two tables so that this person was backed up to our table, trapping me in the booth part. I was unable to get in and out without the other person completely standing up and picking up and moving their chair out of the way. I asked to be seated elsewhere and they said no even though we had an ADR and other tables remained empty. We should have left but I had been looking forward to it for so long.

The waitress talked REALLY fast and rushed us more than I can explain. We ordered drinks and the fried chicken. The chicken dinner arrived 5-7 mins after ordering, I am assuming they make it in large batches. About 10 mins after it was delivered, while I was still eating, the waitress asked if We wanted dessert and a take home box. I have no idea how I was supposed to know if I wanted a take home box yet when I was still eating. I just said no.

Then she came right back and I had drank about half of my sweet tea shine, and she said alcoholic drinks are allowed to be brought out, let me get you a take out glass and she took off. What the heck? I was still enjoying my drink and maybe I’d even have more than one. But apparently she wanted us to take our food and drinks to go. She did not give us time to say yes or no to take our drinks, she just dropped off cups and the bill.

The bill was delivered 18 mins after we sat down. We ran out of there never to return. We had 15 ADRs, all were good to great except this one.

Ugh!! How does he still work there?? It sounded like he was reading from a script the whole time.

What a horrid experience! We have an ADR booked there for our trip in September that I'm super psyched about (also at night after a early morning wakeup call!); hopefully he's gone by then, or at least that we don't get him! That's so rude of him--I'm sorry you had that experience. :(

Tony's Town Square at Magic Kingdom. Bad food...but great atmosphere.
Pete & the gang is going to be reviewing the new menu soon!
Their last review they said the marinara can take rust off a car bumper ....I can't wait to hear their more recent review.:yay:

I'm not saying this is going to 100% work but next time try going to the front desk of the resort and ask to speak to a manager.

Flying Fish has their own manager but I would probably go straight to the resort manager at Boardwalk Inn.

I had a problem with a valet at Boardwalk Inn. He was very snippy at my daughter, tried to take extra keys from her and became hostile.
He waited til after my husband & I had walked out of earshot.
He screamed at her that if he was going to steal a car from the resort it would be a Mercedes and not our vehicle blah blah blah! Thankfully I went straight to the resort manager (found out from her that Mr. obnoxious guy was the valet manager!):sad2:

I won't say what she did for us, but it was very.. very.. very satisfactory.:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter