Wonderful Mexican Riviera Therapy! COMPLETED 10/8 with Galley Pics and more!

Wow! Cabo is gorgeous! I guess I was expecting something else?! Not sure what, but man, i'm very excited to go now!

I love that your DD takes A LOT of pictures! :cutie:

I know what you mean...I imagined something.... well... flatter, I guess:lmao:

Now, the view in Puerto Vallarta was not quite as picturesque ... the boat docked up close and personal to a Wal-Mart! I'm pretty sure my picture-taking DD has a few shots of that if you'd like to see?:lmao:

Love your trip report and enjoying the preview since we'll be doing the MR cruise in October. (Although I really could have done without learning from you that there is a breakfast dish at Triton's that combines dulce de leche AND waffles....I wish any weight I will gain could be transferred to your hips LOL)

Curious about if you did your own excursions or if DH and DD booked them through DCL. Sounds like it is pretty easy in Cabo to walk off the tender and get a private boat to take you out to the arches. What were the must do excursions you'd recommend for Cabo and Puerto Vallarta? Thanks, in advance.

Love your trip report and enjoying the preview since we'll be doing the MR cruise in October. (Although I really could have done without learning from you that there is a breakfast dish at Triton's that combines dulce de leche AND waffles....I wish any weight I will gain could be transferred to your hips LOL)

Curious about if you did your own excursions or if DH and DD booked them through DCL. Sounds like it is pretty easy in Cabo to walk off the tender and get a private boat to take you out to the arches. What were the must do excursions you'd recommend for Cabo and Puerto Vallarta? Thanks, in advance.

Thank you! I'm sure you will have a great time on your MR cruise!

Our excursions were booked through DCL onboard. DH and DD really enjoyed the ferry excursion and highly recommend it or an excursion like it that gives you the opportunity to see the whole island in a short amount of time. It was also great weather.

On Puerto Vallarta, they also did a bus tour. This was an okay excursion. They got to see a lot, but there was a bit of walking. DD is definitely partial to the ferry.

Hope you get to do some great excursions!

We're trying to get an update going, but Photobucket is being stubborn... :headache: Hopefully we'll have one up soon!

Only 6 more days of summer... :sad1:

I fear that our TR may be once again neglected if we do not finish it before school starts... :sad2: So! I am on my knees begging Photobucket to be kind to my cause and allow me to upload pictures relatively painlessly... As Tiana says: "Please, please, please!" And we will be making a valiant attempt to do as much as we possibly can!

So... here we go!

Hmm... I'm wracking my brain to think of another Disney dinner song than Be Our Guest... But it's just not coming!

There is absolutely no way to describe the yumminess of this night's dinner. No. Way.

But I will post these pictures of the deliciousness in hopes that you too may have some pixie dust and perhaps receive a tiny piece of the wonderfulness put into our mouths on this night...

:rotfl: (This is pretty fun... I hope you're having as much fun reading it as I am writing it!!!)

Note: Not everything we put into our mouths on this hallowed night was extremely wonderful. However, two of our appetizers and the entree were... well, words do not describe them.

Island-spiced seared Ahi Tuna: No fireworks went off here... But! There was more to come, of course...
IMG_0402.jpg

Baked Crab Dip Martinique: Scrumptious! (I'm just now realizing how hard it's going to be to come up with sufficient synonyms for yummy... hmm...) DD and I both ordered this (DD having discovered this week that she LOVES crab...) and it was wonderful!! :thumbsup2

IMG_0400.jpg

And now... for the appetizer of all appetizers... the one, the only...

Cream of mango and papaya! I will go on about this all day if I start talking about it. So I will just say: Delicious. Taste buds exploding. It's like melted ice cream of the highest degree and quality. It is DD's favorite food in the whole world. (She plans on getting at least two of them on the next cruise and possibly ordering one as a appetizer for her dessert! Yes... it's that good.) My recommendation: Please try it...

IMG_0403.jpg

(The picture doesn't really do it justice, now, does it? It just looks like your normal bowl of soup. "This is no ordinary lamp! It once changed the course of a young man's life who, like this lamp, was more than what he seemed. A diamond in the rough." Okay, so change 'lamp' to 'bowl' and 'young man' to 'DD'. But the idea is the same...)

Well, now that my rant is over, I shall move on to some delicious steak...

Island-spice Grilled Rib-Eye of Beef: :woohoo::thumbsup2:lovestruc

IMG_0416.jpg

Glazed Portobello Mushrooms: I didn't actually order this... but the wonderful Teody heard me mention it, and he so graciously brought it. Again, no fireworks. But hey, after that mango soup and delicious steak, not much could measure up. ;)

IMG_0417.jpg

I didn't eat all of it, attempting to salvage whatever precious room I had left for... wait for it...

Dessert! :woohoo::banana::yay: (I'm a little smiley happy today...)

French Toast Banana Bread: DD ordered this on Teody's recommendation, but, alas, she wishes she had made a different choice.

IMG_0421.jpg

It was good, make no mistake! But the dessert menu had several other options that I am sure would have made her more happy. For instance...

Creme Brulee Cheesecake: :banana: A party in my mouth. End of story. I mean, come on! It's two of the greatest desserts in the world combined! How could it not be amazing? "Two thumbs way, way up!" (Hades does have a way with words, doesn't he?)

IMG_0419.jpg

Chocolate S'more Vanilla cake: I'm running out of smilies that express the yumminess levels... needless to say, I think there was a little extra pixie dust in this dessert.

IMG_0420.jpg

Teody dazzled us with this incredible magic trick!! (It's hard to see on the pictures, but all that supported the forks were the toothpicks!)

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Full and smiling, we left the dining room, already reminiscing about the yummy dinner. (Is it really reminiscing if you ate it five minutes ago? Hmm... I'll have to think about that one.)

Tonight's entertainment was Toy Story: The Musical! It wasn't our favorite show... (The stage almost malfunctioned again, but this show was not ruined, thank goodness!) and our sleepiness was starting to catch up with us. A dark theater + our sleepy selves + our full bellies = well, you can probably guess... none of us actually ended up asleep, but we weren't too far. :rolleyes: But we did manage to snap a few pics...

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Tonight, we retired pretty early, so we would be wide awake for our second-to-last day on board... :sad1:

:lmao: I just have to share this bit of humor...

So, for those of my DIS pals who have not been on the Wonder, there is a hallway lined with A to Z "ship lingo" pictures.

And the letter P? "P is for poop deck." And for DS, well... :rotfl2: there were giggles to be had! Lots and lots... Anyone who has spent time with a 6-year-old should know... ;) (I mean, come on... don't you have to admit that it's a little funny? Even a little?? Oh well, maybe it's just me and DS...)

IMG_0385.jpg

Here's to family memories, good times, and laughter. Lots of laughter.

Hope you have a good laugh today!! :goodvibes

:lmao: I just have to share this bit of humor...

So, for those of my DIS pals who have not been on the Wonder, there is a hallway lined with A to Z "ship lingo" pictures.

And the letter P? "P is for poop deck." And for DS, well... :rotfl2: there were giggles to be had! Lots and lots... Anyone who has spent time with a 6-year-old should know... ;) (I mean, come on... don't you have to admit that it's a little funny? Even a little?? Oh well, maybe it's just me and DS...)

IMG_0385.jpg

Here's to family memories, good times, and laughter. Lots of laughter.

Hope you have a good laugh today!! :goodvibes

LOL - I love the Poop Deck humor :thumbsup2

If you ask my DS(8) where the Poop Deck of a ship is, he will respond "Right under the Crow's Nest" (you know....where the crow's poop).

Great update!

Question about that soup: Is it savory or sweet? It sounds sweet and creamy and delicious! Hopefully this will be available on our cruise in December!

And that creme brulee cheesecake looks RIDICULOUS good! :cloud9:

LOL - I love the Poop Deck humor :thumbsup2

If you ask my DS(8) where the Poop Deck of a ship is, he will respond "Right under the Crow's Nest" (you know....where the crow's poop).

:rotfl: Those of us with young DS's all have similar experiences... Even saying "Winnie the Pooh" at the right moment can bring peals of laughter! (Your DS's answer is clever! Did he come up with it, or did someone else brainstorm it?) ;)

Great update!

Question about that soup: Is it savory or sweet? It sounds sweet and creamy and delicious! Hopefully this will be available on our cruise in December!

And that creme brulee cheesecake looks RIDICULOUS good! :cloud9:

Thank you! :goodvibes

It is sweet and creamy and delicious... SO delicious... [Just a side note: To anyone who is a fan of Psych, "Are you a fan of delicious flavor?" ;) If you haven't seen it, please ignore...]

The soup should still be on the Wonder unless they changed the menu drastically before then, which I don't think they've been known to do, especially when they are on the same itinerary. Either way, they would be crazy to take that off the menu!!

::yes:: It is ridiculous good... It takes someone with a deranged mind to combine those two desserts... my kind of deranged mind! :worship:

Your family is too cute. We are a foodie family and this trip report made everyone very excited to sail next month on the Wonder. Thank you for taking the time to share your photos and story!

Your family is too cute. We are a foodie family and this trip report made everyone very excited to sail next month on the Wonder. Thank you for taking the time to share your photos and story!

Thank you! It's great to hear from some fellow foodies. :thumbsup2 How cool! It looks like we'll be on the Wonder together next month! :woohoo: We are SO excited. Only six more weeks! :yay:

I have just sat down and DEVOURED this TR this morning, with all of its delightful food pictures!!!!! I have a year to wait until our cruise but I am so hungry already. I can't wait for MOARRR of your fun writing and food pictures. :rotfl: :sail: :surfweb:

:goodvibes

(I love me some smileys too)

Thanks a bunch for sharing, we leave SUNDAY on the Wonder & I'm SUPER EXCITED your thread got me even more excited!

Love all the pics!

Thank you so much for your posts! Loved all your pics and can't wait to taste everything in November when we cruise to Mexico.

Ooh that soup sounds awesome! I will now have to try it! :goodvibes

::yes:: Please do! DD's counting the days... 30 (or so) until she gets a bowl!! :woohoo:

I have just sat down and DEVOURED this TR this morning, with all of its delightful food pictures!!!!! I have a year to wait until our cruise but I am so hungry already. I can't wait for MOARRR of your fun writing and food pictures. :rotfl: :sail: :surfweb:

:goodvibes

(I love me some smileys too)

We are already hungry too! I'm so glad you enjoyed the food pictures. (Those are some of DD's favorite pictures...) A year may seem like a VERY long time, but our advice is to enjoy this time of anticipation! The anticipation is the best part (second only to the boat, of course... ;))

:goodvibes:thumbsup2:rotfl::rolleyes1 (Oh, Excessive Smiley Users... we're an elite group. ;))

Thanks a bunch for sharing, we leave SUNDAY on the Wonder & I'm SUPER EXCITED your thread got me even more excited!

Love all the pics!

That is so exciting!!! I hope it is WONDERful!!! :yay: Say hi to Mickey for us! We'll "see him real soon"!

Thank you so much for your posts! Loved all your pics and can't wait to taste everything in November when we cruise to Mexico.

Thank you! Hope you have a great time! :thumbsup2

29 days, folks! We're in the 20's!!! We are so excited...

I would like to be able to say that we will finish our February trip report before our October trip... BUT I make no guarantees. We will try though!!!

Have a magical day! :goodvibes

I would like to be able to say that we will finish our February trip report before our October trip... BUT I make no guarantees. We will try though!!!

Have a magical day! :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Which cruise are you on? I'm not sure if you are 1 week or 2 before ours. Really enjoying the trip report!

Have a magical day! :goodvibes

Which cruise are you on? I'm not sure if you are 1 week or 2 before ours. Really enjoying the trip report![/QUOTE]

They are on the one right before ours!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter