Wonder, Waves and Wishes. 18th October 2009. Remembering the waves!

Hi Sherri,

I am with you on the being an obsessive planner. As soon as we booked I started searching for more information on everything. I have already started drawer for odds and ends things that I read about on the boards that make life easier. I just love Target's $1 bins.

I saw a post a while back that had the instructions for making a Fish Extender and showed my Mom who is a quilter. I think we are going to get together and make them for everyone. What type of things do people put in them?

Jody,

Hi Jody and Sherri

Guess that makes at least three of us. I have a better idea of what to expect from the cruise but instead of making it easier now I am looking for little things to pick up at every store I go into and am in cruise mode already. I check the boards more than my email. Is anyone else debating on the Buy one get one for 99?? I cant say that it doesnt sound great. I am looking at it and getting flight info together and we plan to discuss it this weekend and make a plan. The only date we could do during the period would be Feb 1...not sure if I want to go and not be able to swim. October this year was perfect!! So many choices:rotfl:

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm not very good at this so please be patient with me. I leave the chatting to my husband but he rolls his eyes whenever I bring up the cruise and says what ever you want is fine. This is mine and DS (10) 1st cruise but DH cruised with his parents when he was DS age.

To give you a little back ground on our family, it will be myself, DH and DS (10), My parents, My grandma, My sister and my other sister and her DH, DS (7) DS (5) and DD (4 months).

My mom and I have been talking about the fish extenders but she keeps saying that she isn't going to think about the cruise until after the holidays.

Jody

That's a big group!

So where is everyone staying on the ship? We've booked at Cat 4 on deck 8.

I am using the same fish extender we used this last time. It is not perfect but it worked. My kids had fun doing the Tag so we have to get that going when we get closer to see who is interested.

We already have our room assignment we are in room 6608 main dinner seating. Is anyone doing WDW before or after??

We are in 5 of the secret porthole rooms. I don't remember which ones though. The best part of going with a big group, built in overnight babysitters.

My sister, her family and my parents are going down on Tuesday to WDW. Unfortunately, my son starts junior high next year so we aren't going down until the Thursday before.

What is tag and how do you play? Is it something that us cruise newbies can play?

Jody

Hi everyone!

We are getting more chatty already!:hug:

I'd like to do the FE thing and I'd love to know what 'tag' is! Our other cruise thread we are also doing Secret Mickey's! I've been reading a thread about Fish Extender gifts-some people are really creative! I wish I was, but I'm not! I have been keeping my eyes open for cute little gifts, though!

On this cruise our family (DH, myself, DS17 and DS15) will all be sharing a category 9 on deck 2. :scared1: Big change from the way we've cruised before! With 3 trips back east in 2009, we had to adjust so we can afford it all! The sacrifices we will make to go on our Disney Cruises!

If we want, I can compile a list of who we are, our dis-names, who we are sailing with, what cabin, what dining rotation etc. so that we have it all in one place on the thread. Let me know.;)

I'm off to a college fair with my oldest son. Yikes, time flies! Then I head back to school in the morning. Vacation over!:sad2:

Have a great Sunday!

We already have our room assignment we are in room 6608 main dinner seating. Is anyone doing WDW before or after??

We are staying off site, but we have bought 14 day ultimate tickets so we have plenty of time to enjoy WDW.

I know it's a year away till the cruise and I shouldn't wish my life away but I'm so looking forward to it. We are already looking to re-book on-board for 2010.

The tag not everyone has to participate in.. it is pretty much for whoever wants to with a fish extender. Once onboard we all meet up for a quick second to get a list and a magnet. During the cruise you drop a surprise in the people participatings extender and put the "tag"magnet on their door. Once they get the magnet they move to the person on their list and so on. Hopefully everyone gets through their list and gets some cute surprises. My surprises included homemade magnets and lots of candy. Some people are much more elaborate than others in what they decide to put in their "tag treats".

If I could just suggest when compiling the list if you also add a column if they are interested in playing the tag while on board.

So lets get to know each other... I will start.

My name is Chrissy, I am 30 years old and work at State Farm Insurance. I have been Married to my DH Devon that is 34 years old and he is a banker. We have been married for 8 years and live in Indiana. We have 5 year old twins that are in Kindergarten. We will all be 1 year older come next year for the cruise. We are avid Disney fans. I have been going to Disney nearly every year since Birth and have been lucky enough to find a man that shares my love for Disney and enjoys having that be our only vacation destination. His family lives in California so we have spent the past couple years going to DL in the fall. However this year we decided to do the 7 day Western cruise instead of taking the long flight out to California. While we love seeing his family this was one of the best vacations we have ever had. This last month we decided it was time to purchase the Disney Vacation Club at now own a share in the Bay Lake Towers so we have made a commitment to our Disney love now LOL.

I will go next...

My name is Jody and I work at ING as the dreaded margin clerk, funny thing I worked for a State Farm agent before the bigger and better opportunity came up. DH, Travis, and I have been married for 12 1/2 years and have a 10 year old son Zach. Travis works as a service advisor at a local car dealership. We live on our farm in the middle of Iowa. I am the true Disney fanatic in out family with the addiction starting with my first trip when I was 24 thanks to my sister winning a trip and inviting the family along with her. 6 people in one hotel room it made for some really long nights but I can still smell the ginger bread from when we first walked into the Contemporary Hotel. I would not trade that trip for anything. and have made 6 trips since then. Zach's first trip was for his 4 birthday and he has been three times since then and this will only be Travis' second trip. I would go every year however, T & Z would rather take our UTV out and go rock climbing in MOAB, UTAH or to Tennessee for some trail riding.

DCL Man, As soon as I pass my licensing test in a couple of weeks I will figure out the whole face book thing. I would ask Zach, but I am afraid he would know something about it and I am not ready for that. If only I could keep him 5 years old and believing that Mom is the best and truly does know everything and can make it all better.

Jody

Hi Everyone

My name is Julie and I work at HearUSA. I have been married to my DH Ed for 22 years. He has worked for Centurytel (telephone company) ever since he was 18. We celebrated our anniversary this last October on our first Disney Cruise and first vacation ever without children. We have two children DS Tyler (20) and DD Shelby (18). We have had a hard time with the empty nest this year. For those of you will little children ...dont blink because they grow up so fast.

We live in Mid-Michigan and are finding the winters more depressing every year. They seem to get longer every year. We have gone to WDW as a family more that 25 times and it is a huge part of our lives. We are very much Disney lovers....I got my husband hooked years ago:rotfl:

We just returned from our first cruise on the Wonder for 3 "wonder"ful days. I knew if I could get my husband on the cruise he would be hooked. Well we booked this cruise on board. He wants to make this an anniversary tradition:yay: :yay:

My daughter is in her first year of college and just played basketball against Rip Hamilton from the Detroit Pistons. She played in a competition for his new sports drink and scored the highest from all around Michigan, so she won a chance to play Rip one on one. True story .........Rip scored 124 and Shelby scored 95......granted it was on one of those pop a shot basketball arcade games but it was the "best day of her life" She was in all the papers and has a large trophy.

My DS just started his third year in college and plans on going into the Disney college intern program this August. My clueless friends (the ones that dont understand our love for Disney) just laugh and say how did I train my son so well:lmao: Like I said Disney is a big part of our lives and he has said ever since he was about 10 that he would work at Disney so Mom and Dad can go to Disney everyday. What a good boy:love:

My turn.

My name is Dominic, 37 and I'm married to Katherine, 34. We have 2 children Isaac, 11 and Eloise, 8. We have been married for 17 years.

We live in England and have visited WDW 5 times and DLP 4 times. This will be our first cruise and we are staying in Orlando for 16 nights. We were supposed to coming in October this year but our tour operator went bust (XL Airways). We were so disappointed that we had lost our holiday and we are now trying to claim the money back.

We haven't made any plans for our cruise, we are hoping for a relaxing time, but I would like to go para sailing on CC. I did it in Greece when I was a teenager and loved it.

We are thinking about Atlantis. I have never been there and that place looks awesome.

It looks amazing but I think we are going to have a walk round Nassau and then hop back on the ship. We are hoping to have a relaxing time on the cruise to get over 16 days in Orlando/WDW

Oh it definatly will!!! We were so sad when it was time to leave. We did not book till the last night. I was in line till almost midnight waiting to book this next cruise.

We are going to wait and see if we like cruising before rebooking on board. We also need to see how the exchange rate is before committing. The pound is very weak against the dollar at the moment making it so much more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter