Wonder Trip Reports

We just returned from the 8/21 4 day. It was our first time back on the Wonder since our 1st cruise in 2000. We sailed on the Magic 4 times, 01,02,03,04 but sailed the Wonder because we did not want to fly to California. We had beautiful weather the whole time. The seas were the calmest I had ever sailed in, until our return to Port. There was a slight rocking motion, but still a very nice cruise. The public areas look good, but the cabins are starting to show a lot of wear and tear. The walls in our room had some cracks and we could see other areas that were patched. The bathroom was clean, but not the sparkling new clean look from 2000. We had seen Golden Mickeys and the Pirate deck party last year. The fireworks were new and are a great added attraction. We went to the straw market and a few shops in Nassau in the morning, and took the snorkle trip in the pm. The town really looks dirty, even compared to last year (we went there instead of GC because of a tropical storm in the gulf). People were always in your face to buy something, but everyone was very nice when you said no thank-you. CC again was beautiful, we swam and did the Banana Boat ride. The trip was too short when you are used to the 7 day. The kids clubs were really full also compared to other years. The only thing really nice about the 4 day is that the last day is a day at sea. It just takes away from the rushing after CC. We were left on really early 11:45, embarkment was a breeze. We left our room at 7:45, at breakfast at the buffet and walked off the ship with no lines at 8:30. Anything else just ask.

MARKEY: What was your dining rotation...did you have kids with you(ages?)...and what night was Golden Mickey's(Mon. or Tues.)?
Thanks!

We were in a CAT 9, 2112. This is the same location we have had for all 6 cruises, 2108 4 times, 2110 and 2112.
Grandkids were 8, 10 and 11. We had PC, T, T, AP.
Sunday- Hercules
Monday - Golden Mickeys
Tuesday - Comedy/Magic Show
Wednesday - Disney Dreams

Thank you! I assume that you do not have problems with noise in that location. We will be in 2607 and 2609 for our cruise.

markey said:
We were in a CAT 9, 2112. This is the same location we have had for all 6 cruises, 2108 4 times, 2110 and 2112.
Grandkids were 8, 10 and 11. We had PC, T, T, AP.
Sunday- Hercules
Monday - Golden Mickeys
Tuesday - Comedy/Magic Show
Wednesday - Disney Dreams
Thanks for your quick responses! :) I am assuming, I will probably have the same dining rotation as we are traveling with 4, 11 & 12 year olds! Did you have to dress semi-formally twice due to eating at Tritons twice?

We were on the Wonder 8/7 thru 8/11. We did a land/sea and spent our first 3 days at the Polynesian, LVC. We cked in at the resort, so after going through security just got in line to board. We got to the terminal around 11:00 via FL Tours Limo. There were 6 of us, me, dh, dd 17, ddf 16, ds 12, dd 9. We had two connecting cat. 5 cabins, 7580 & 7582.

Got on board and headed right to PC for lunch. No wait, we were seated right away and hit the buffet. Food was good with lots of differnt choices. Everyone was happy with the selection. Since I had done all the registration for kids club and Palo ressies online, we just walked around exploring until our rooms were ready, right around 1:00. Headed to the rooms and tried to get some stuff organized. Our luggage arrived shortly after we got in the room. Dh decided to take a little nap as did dd and ddf. Ds watched some tv and DD 9 and I went to sign up for the internet package and change my Palo ressie. Our dinner rotation was APPT. I had the Palo ressie for the last night, but didn't want to miss Tritons so switched it to the 2nd round of PC, which happen to be Pirate night. Next up was the drill which was quick and painless. Back to the room and some more walking around, cking things out. Missed the first nights show, but we had seen it before, so it wasn't a big deal. Dinner at AP was at 8:15. There was a long line to get into the restaurant which surprised me, but it moved fairly quickly. Dinner was good and was enjoyed by all. After dinner kids were off to their clubs and dh and I just walked around.

Nassau Day. Was up early enough to watch us dock. Had breakfast at PC which was very nice. Got off the ship for a bit to do some shopping. We found Nassau to be much nicer and cleaner than in past visits. Had the usual hairbraiders and taxi people asking us if we wanted to partake, but a polite "No Thank you" worked fine. Visited quite a few shops for the usual souvies and had lunch at Sabarros Pizza. Not very bahamian, but it was there and people were hungry. Headed back to the ship and walked to the end of the dock for some photo ops. We could see a storm in the distance and hear and see thunder and lightening. One more picture and we are going to head back. All of a sudden the biggest bolt of lightening and the loudest clap of thunder and dd 9 litterly jumped out of her shoes. Ran back to the ship with one scared, crying little girl. Made it back just as it started raining.
Dh decided on another nap and kids were off to clubs. I hit cove cafe for some internet time and a yummy mint mocha coffee. Dinner was in PC tonight and was good. Again, kids in clubs and DH and I just hung out.

CC Day. Again up early to watch us dock. Got everyone up and out as early as we could. Got a decent spot on the family beach and I went to fetch the floats for everyone. Took me two trips and then I hit the water. I was sweating lugging those floats across the beach. Took pics and video of the kids and just floated. It rained some, but who cares, we were wet already. DS spent his time in the water trying to catch the fish that were floating around him. DD and DDF did the suntan thing. Dh and I relaxed in lounges with yummy tropical drinks. This is heaven on earth. Lunch at Cookies was good, although no one ate that much. The one think I loved was the cookie dough icecream. It was so good. Dh and I took a walk around and found some hammocks and hung out there for a bit. He forced me to get up, because he said if he laid there any longer he was going to be asleep. DD and DDF were itching to get back to the ship so dh took them back and I stayed with the two younger ones. Headed back and got everyone showered. Tonight was Palo Dinner. Kids went off to PC. They weren't happy with dinner that night, but our dinner in Palo was fantastic. The chocolate souffle was fabulous. Met back in the room and we all changed and headed up to the Pirate deck party. We managed to be way close to the stage and had great views of all the characters. Really enjoyed the fireworks.

Day at Sea. Went to the matinee of Dreams and enjoyed it very much. Then in the afternoon went and saw the kids club graduation show. Very cute, although I never did see my dd. Dinner at Tritons was very good, but we had to wait outside the restaurant for about 20 mins. It was about 8:40 before they opened the doors. Seems they had some stragglers from early dinner holding things up. Then the mad rush to get back to the room and pack up and have lugguge in the hall by 11:00.

Up early and we were back in port. Had breakfast at BBB and headed out around 8:15. Very easy no line. Got a porter and got our bags with no problems, through customs and at the curb waiting for FL Tours. At MCO by about 9:30 for our 11:54 flight.

As you can see, we didn't do any planned activities. We just enjoyed relaxing and doing what we wanted when we wanted. Our servers were Marving and Engelburt. Have no idea who our room steward was, I never saw him, but he did a good job of cleaning the room and leaving the towel animals which the kids loved.

This was our 3rd 4 day cruise and I am pestering DH to do a 7 day. He's reluctant and DD will be 18 in May and she said that this was her last Disney Cruise, so I don't know. Maybe I'll just have to go by myself!!!

Nina

We had a great time my entire family went.16 of us.My parents got married on deck 7 .It was there 50th wedding anninversary.They had the vow renewal.It was so nice.They did a great job.If you have any ??? that I could answer just let me know.we were cat 9 deck 2 rooms 2528,2530,2532 & 2534.
also r servers were Roy & annamarie.they were great.we had a great time. :
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I loved reading the Wonder trip reports. Helps me get through my anticipation of getting on the ship tommorrow. :banana:
Packed and waiting for the kids to get home from school so we can leave for the airport. :Pinkbounc :rolleyes1

Thank you for the posts. We have a year left until ours and I was missing seeing the reports. Glad to hear that everyone has had a good time :cool1:

So Pirate night is on the 3rd night (the night of the CC day)? What night is Semi-Formal night (or is it whatever night you have dinner at Tritons?)

Thanks.

Markey: I noticed that on your cruise Golden Mickeys was on Monday and the variety/comedy thing was on Tuesday.Have they switched these 2 nights as I thought it was the other way around. Thanks. :confused3

Ker-Bear said:
Thank you for the posts. We have a year left until ours and I was missing seeing the reports. Glad to hear that everyone has had a good time :cool1:

I'm on the same cruise as you, Kerry. I know how it feels to have that entire year to go. But I'm glad I booked when I did. The rate already went up.

Figaro57 said:
I'm on the same cruise as you, Kerry. I know how it feels to have that entire year to go. But I'm glad I booked when I did. The rate already went up.

The rates went up like crazy! I hope you travel over to our cruise meet. We would love to have another DIS'er posting. Having fun counting down the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter