Wonder Trip Report March 23 - 26 2006

Pluto Rocks

Earning My Ears
This was our first Disney Cruise. Me and my DD 7. This was a mother daughter trip. I also have 3 other children at home, two teenagers that opted not to go and one baby that was too young to go.

This was the most wonderful trip that we could have taken :thumbsup2
We went on the 3 night Disney Wonder. Way too short, but I was afraid that my daughter would be wanting to get off the ship. She was a little scared being out on the decks when the ship was moving, but most of all she was fine and she wants to go on another longer cruise now. I have been on the Big Reg Boat twice and also on a Royal Carribean. This was by far the best of all cruises that I have been on. We fell in love with the Disney Ship.

We went on Spring Break and it was a bit chilly, but my daughter still played in the pools until her lips were blue and I made her get out.

I read all the DIS reports and found so much information and was prepared for our cruise. On the first cruise that I ever went on along time ago, I did not know what to do and by the last night I was finally getting it and it was time to leave. I wanted to make the most out of our trip.

The plane ride was a little scary, mainly because it was such a small plane and I do not like to fly, but it was her first time and I tried not to ruin it for her. We are from Nashville. When we got there, we got right on the ship and because I had read to bring a bathing suit in your bag, we went to the pools. It rained on our sail away party, but they just moved it inside. We did miss most of it because my DD wanted to get her hair braided. Ouch.
We did the late seating because I did not want to be rushed every day trying to get back and get dressed for dinner. It worked out well for us because she is a night person. It was also good for the last morning because we were the last to leave the ship.
We loved the shows and the meals. I never went to Palos because I went alone with my daughter and she did not even go to the kid's clubs. We just hung out together and had some good quality time.

Nassau,
It rained that morning and we were scheduled to go on the snorkeling tour, but it was raining so hard and my daughter was getting really scared, so they said that in this weather that even a 10 year old would have trouble so they let us cancel. We just hung out at the ship and went to the Princess Photos.
When the rain let up, we just walked to the little shops by the port and she wanted to go back to the ship to swim. It was still very chilly, but she loved the Micky slide. That night was Pirate Night pirate: That was very fun, but the only thing is that no one dressed in their pirate gear, but my daughter. She said that she did not care and was going to wear her outfit anyway and that is what she did.

Castaway Cay,
I know why people always report that this is the best place because it is. We got off the ship early and we had the glass bottom boat excursion. It was ok and I got some good pictures of the ship, but I would not do it again. The water was way too cold, but she played in it anyway and made some friends that day. Too bad that it was the last day. She is not used to being the only child because we have such a large family and she always has someone to play with. This night was semi formal night and we dressed accordingly. We did get some good pictures made and I ended up spending lots more money on pictures that I had planned, but it was worth it and when we got home, we made a fun memory book about our trip.

The last day was real depressing and we did not want to go home. I hope that some day I will be able to go again and maybe the rest of my family will go too. Thanks to everyone and their tips. We did get a pretty pillowcase that we had already put some iron on patches on and got some signatures. We also made our door signs, but did not see any other ones. It did help my daughter find our room every night.

All in all, this was the best trip I have ever taken and even if I did not have kids with me, which never happens, I would go on a Disney Cruise. It was wonderful. :love:

:thumbsup2 Sounds like you have a really fun trip!! I can't wait to go. This WILL be our first cruise!! :cloud9: We are also going for 3 days. I am worried it will be too short. We are coming off 4 days at WDW beforehand. BTW...can you tell me if there is something you did (on the ship) that you wouldn't waste your time on since it is only 3days??

Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums! Sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.

We have a special sub-forum just for trip reports so I've moved this over there for you.

I think the 3 night cruise will be just what you will need after WDW. At least that is what everyone has said, I have never been. I never felt like I wasted my time doing anything on the ship. You just have to choose what you want to do most and check your personal navigators. The only thing I can think of is that on the last day, they say they want you to attend a disembarktation meeting. I had read on the other boards that they replay over and over on the TV. I did not go and I got all the info I needed from the TV. The only thing is if you have never been on a cruise before, you might need to make sure you know what to do. I think they had special instructions for people the were not US citizens also, so that would be up to you.
Hope you have a wonderful time. We sure did and hope to do it again someday.

who were your servers? did you like them? thanks!

I don't remember their names. Sorry, I do know that they were females and one was from Romania. They were very nice.

It was very awesome. It is very important to spend that quality time with your children. They grow up very fast. This was by far the best vacation I have taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter