Wonder Sep 1 (First Time Cruiser) Part II

Ironmike

Earning My Ears
Nassau, was a bust for us. It was so hot that day. My kids decided about 10:30 that they wanted to go back, so I walked back to the boat only to remember that my wife had my kids keys, so we walked back. It took me about hour to find her. I then walked back again drop the kids off. My kids explored the boat, swam, and went to a movie. My kids found the kids club to be lame. I wasn't sure if I would be comfortable with them having free access to the boat, but I wasn't. The boat is a safe and secure. Other than a few times that my wife and I wanted to something alone we spent it with the kids. After I dropped my kids off I searched for my wife. That experience took another hour. We just weren't impressed with the bargains. My wife manages jewelry for J.C Penney's and she felt that the deals weren't that great. I am in trouble on one count, my wife has fell in love with fire opals. That should set me back some money. We found simply lounging around the boat was fun in itself. In the future I think sightseeing would have been better or gone to a beach. We did not want to go to beach at first, because I was afraid that we have been to burnt for Castaway Cay. That evening was saw a juggler. He was entertaining but nothing to note about. Our dinner was at Animators Palate. I knew that it was a show but not as much as one that it was. It was more a show than a dinner.
Castaway Cay, was simply paradise. I was station in Hawaii when my wife and I were first married. We would stay in cabins on the beach and Castaway Cay came close to that. We were off the boat as soon as they allowed. We first got a good picture of what they island was like while eating at Beach Blanket. We were some of the first ones there. There was only little sprinkle around 11:00 and that was it. I was glad that it was partially overcast that morning. It kept the heat down. We found a hammock and umbrella and parked. I was a little nervous about my kids snorkeling, but I was impressed by their ability. This was the first time we ever snorkeled. When we got out a little ways the fish came. It startled us because they were used to being fed. It was a little different. I think that I have hooked my family on snorkeling so we will book snorkeling excursions on our next cruise. We stayed at the family beach area. My son and I biked. I saw the adult beach and cabanas. My wife and I will be booking massages next time for sure. As with many other families the island made the cruise. We finally got into that island spirit. Conch coolers were excellent. I let my daughter get her hair braided on the island. She only partially braided her. I was proud of her. She decided it was more tasteful to have just the front braided. Around 2:00 p.m. my wife and daughter decided to go back to the ship since it would take them longer to get ready. My wife also did some laundry and that time. My son and I lounged for the next hour and finally forced us back onto the boat. We tried our hand at bingo. We came close but never did win. That evening we decided not to see the show and look at a sunset. The sky was beautiful but the clouds prevented seeing the sunset. Simply sitting on deck or leaning on the rail was very relaxing.
We decided not to see "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer". We saw it at MGM. It was cute but we decided no to see it again at sea. We decided to use that time to see a sunset, unfortunately we weren't able to see it but the sky was sure beautiful anyway. That evening my son and I saw a movie "Reign of Fire". My son got a kick out of having pizza for a snack at the movie theater.

Sorry Nassau was a bust for you, but sounds like Castaway Cay more than made up for it.

Sounds like your DD is starting to exercise good judgement for herself. You should be proud of her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter