Wonder in Alaska June 2, 2014

DisneyHelen

Mouseketeer
Day 1 Embarkation
We came from the east coast of Canada to Victoria. Myself,my DH and my adult DD. We spent four days in Victoria then got the ferry to Vancouver and stayed at the Vancouver Waterfront. Pre cruise we walked around Stanley Park and went to the revolving restaurant for brunch on Sunday. The views are amazing. We saw the ship come in from our window and went out to get some photos. We walked over with our luggage at 11am. We had boarding number 5 and got on about 12:30. We had lunch at beach blanket buffet. Then our usual activity is the adult pool. It is always quiet on embarkation day. Pool days are limited in Alaska. Usually we go everyday, but this trip only went to the pool three times. We went to our Verandah room on deck 7. We had main dining and went to Animators palate. They were late opening the restaurant and the service was very slow. My main course was not even hot. The service was better the next day. We went to "Let the magic begin". We had a drink in Cadillac lounge before bed. The views of Vancouver Island were very nice. The music in the lounge was the best we ever had on a Disney cruise! We loved the piano music.

10463891_662827190439527_3985749327932724105_n.jpg

Day 2
We had character breakfast in Parrot cay. The characters went very fast. The table next to us did not take pictures and they hardly stopped at all! We went to the talk on Alaska by Doug Jones which was very good. The ship was swaying so we went to cove cafe. I liked their lattes. I felt better sitting down. We went to Parrot cay for buffet lunch. We delivered our FE gifts in the afternoon. We got to the inside passage and it was much better. We did the mixology class in the afternoon. It was different from last year on the Magic. All of the drinks were pre-made and then there was a draw for one person to make a full size version of each of the drinks. This was formal night so we dressed up and had photos before dinner. The service was better in Parrot cay. I loved The Golden Mickeys. It's my favourite show. The clocks went ahead 1 hour tonight.

Day 3 Tracy arm oops Endicott Arm!
We had a nice day. I saw the sunrise! We had room service coffee and croissants then later buffet at Beach Blanket Buffet. I saw whales and their blow holes and tails from my verandah. DD and I went to Bingo. It was interesting... but not for us. Tracy arm had too much ice so we went to Endicott Arm instead to Dawes glacier. We went to the outdoor buffet. It was very busy. The salmon was okay and the venison sausages were very good. We found it very crowded so went to deck 4 and it was really nice. It was good for pictures. Later when we arrived at the glacier more people came so we went back to our Verandah. We had a bottle of wine and room service snacks. We really liked the seals and the glacier fed water. We had supper Parrot Cay and pictures with Minnie and Mickey. The show was music and comedy with John Charles and we really liked him.

Day 4 Skagway
The views were very nice coming in to Skagway and the Lynn canal cruising was calm. We had buffet breakfast and headed to meet our tour group at 7:45. We first went on the streetcar and went around Skagway. We noted the places we wanted to go to later that day. Then we went on the bus to the border to board the White Pass Railway. There were only 13 of us in the last car so we had lots of room. The scenery was beautiful and we saw 2 bears. I was glad that we only took the train one way. We finished in the town and then went for lunch at Skagway Brewing Company. DH and DD did beer tasting. We had halibut fish and chips. It was excellent. We went in a few stores. I bought Alaska ornaments at the Christmas store. We went back to the ship. Once onboard, we went to the cove cafe for coffee. We had supper in Tritons and went to see the movie "Million Dollar Arm". The scenery was very nice leaving Skagway that night.

Day 5 Juneau
It was a beautiful day. We had buffet breakfast and went on our tour to Mendenhall Glacier. We had about 30 minutes. We went to the lookout point for pictures and then in the center for a look through the telescope. I am glad we went. Then we went to Auk bay for whale watching. Unfortunately we only saw 2 whales during our 2 hour tour. There were 31 people but it is was crowded when everyone gets on the same side to see the whales. We also saw eagles and a sea lion. Then we went to the Salmon bake. We were hungry and the food was good. After we got a bus back to the ship or town. DH walked back but myself and DD went back to the ship for a swim. Eagles came over the ship! The Pixar party dance was in the lobby. We had Palo at 6pm. The views leaving Juneau were amazing from Palo. After we went to the Cadillac lounge for a drink and saw whales. We saw a nice sunset that night.

Day 6 Ketchikan
We had room service for breakfast and had croissants and coffee and then went later to beach blanket buffet. It was a cloudy morning and raining when we arrived in port. We went to Knudson Cove for salmon fishing (DH special request) It was sad to see a lot of people had cancelled tours for float planes. We had five people in our boat and the captain. The water was a bit choppy. We got several bites. Only 1 king salmon was big enough to keep. There were some eagles and 1 whale. It was cool on the water. We fished for about 3 hours. We were hungry after fishing. We got bus back to the boat. It was still raining so we went back on. The stores are very close to the ship. I liked that they had hot chocolate when you got back on. We had taste of Alaska menu with salmon and king crab legs. We went to magic show by Shawn Farquhar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter