WONDER-ful 3-night Cruise Day 1

dizneefreak29

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a 3-night Disney cruise and a couple extra days afterwards at Disney World. We had a great time and I wanted to share with everyone since this site helped make the cruise even better!

Cast of Characters:
Me - 29 year old Disney fanatic
Brother - 15 year old
Mom
Dad

Probably one of the last family vacations we'll have for awhile. My brother is getting a little old for the family thing! lol

We left Baltimore on Wednesday night. We stayed at the Quality Inn near the airport in Orlando. It was an okay motel. Considering we were only there for one night, it wasn't a big deal. It was clean and the bed were soft! :)

Day one - October 16th:
I booked FL Tours to take us to the port. I have to say they are wonderful. Right on time....and after the cruise there waiting for us. It was nice not to have to worry about that part of the trip. We had a beautiful van. There was even a tv inside and we watched Toy Story on our way to our magical cruise.

We got to the port around 10:30. No problem checking in as there weren't many people there yet. We took some good pictures since it was still pretty empty and then got in line. They let us in very early! It was before noon. Got our borading pics taken and they announced our family. We though it was soo cool. And the guy playing the Disney music on the piano...that was great! Really put us all in the mood.

We went to Parrot Cay for the buffet. I've heard mixed things about the food....but we though it was amazing! There was so much to choose from and the quality was great....especially the shrimp! lol Dopey, Minnie and Captain Hook made appearances while we were eating. I know I'm probably too old for it....but the characters suddenly became WAY more important than the food! :Pinkbounc

Our rooms were ready by 1:30 so we went and got settled in. We were on deck 2 in Staterooms 2050 and 2048. I had ordered stateroom decorations for my parent's anniversary for their room. They were really excited about that! I was so suprised at the size of the cabins! They were much bigger than I expected. I unpacked and we kind of got settled in before the safety drill. We were in Walt Disney Theatre. It was actually kind of fun since our castmember told silly jokes while we sat there.

Then we went up for the sailaway party. I didn't think it was very crowded and we found a spot near the stage with no problem. I am usually kind of shy about dancing, etc....but I guess the Disney spirit hit me and had no problem dancing and having fun! It was a great start to the trip!

We got ready for dinner and went to the 6:30 Hercules show. My parents saved a couple seats while we got some snacks. We all liked the show. It was funny. I though Hades, Panic and Pain made the show. They were great!

We had dinner at Tritons our first night. Our servers were Arnel and Jorge. They were great! We never had to ask for anything....they were just always there. And we all thought the food was good. We were all a little boring and got the same to eat :) so there wasn't any sharing! They brought our a cute cake for our parent's anniversary with a beautiful white chocolate version of the ship on top. And our servers sang. It was really cool!

After dinner, my brother and I walked a few laps on Deck 4. It was a beautiful night! We went to the Atrium and got our pics taken with a few characters. They always seemed to be out there! The lines were never too bad.

It was a great first night!

Tips:
1. I read a lot about hair dryers and extension cords. And I forgot my extension cord! :confused: However I plugged it in at the dresser area which has a huge mirror. Sat in the little chair and it was almost like a dressing table. Worked great!
2. Like others have said, don't buy your refillable mug at that first table. My parents wouldn't listen and we waited in line for a good ten minutes. Five steps down that hall was another table with NO people.
3. Get to the theatre early! By 6:15 the place was packed and there were hardly any seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter