• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOC DP in rain. Cancel?

DBMC

Mouseketeer
It looks like there is going to be lots of rain at dl when we go. I have a WOC dp booked for the 23rd. Is it going to be miserable if it rains? Should I keep it and give it a go, or just cancel? I hate to spend that much on something that is going to be miserable... Anyone experience the dp in the rain?

I know that they don't cancel for rain. I am asking if I should cancel.

Oh, sorry! I wouldn't cancel, rather I would strive to pick a night when it IS raining to see WOC! The reason is that, for me, WOC was uncomfortably jam-packed, and I would gladly trade wearing a poncho for having to hold my 60 pound daughter for 25 minutes so she could see.

Oh, sorry! I wouldn't cancel, rather I would strive to pick a night when it IS raining to see WOC! The reason is that, for me, WOC was uncomfortably jam-packed, and I would gladly trade wearing a poncho for having to hold my 60 pound daughter for 25 minutes so she could see.

I am just concerned that we won't get to enjoy our desserts. It will probably be our only chance to ever do the dessert party though, so I am torn.

I just looked at weather.com......1/23 forecast shows rain early, followed by cloudy with showers in the afternoon. I would chance it, particularly because it's your only shot. I've never done the dp, but did I read on disney that it is pre-paid with no refunds? If it is cancellable at 24 hours like other venues, you can watch the forecast and make a final decision by Monday afternoon.

I just looked at weather.com......1/23 forecast shows rain early, followed by cloudy with showers in the afternoon. I would chance it, particularly because it's your only shot. I've never done the dp, but did I read on disney that it is pre-paid with no refunds? If it is cancellable at 24 hours like other venues, you can watch the forecast and make a final decision by Monday afternoon.

Yeah, maybe I will wait and see. It is a 24 hour cancellation policy.

I'd keep it. Worst case: it's raining, they give you your dessert in a box and you eat it somewhere dry after the show. You still have a place to sit and don't have to fight the crowds. We took half of our desserts to go anyway and then went to the Hearthstone Lounge to eat them with some yummy warm adult beverages.

Just wear your rain gear so you don't get soaked while sitting, an umbrella won't be a nice option for the people behind you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter