Wk Of Sept 29 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
DiRTyBuNNy TN
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyluv
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
MyZoeJane Ali IL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
plutopdx OR
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
rake5 Rachael WA
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
sassparillo
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Wahoo I don't think I have ever posted first before

Just eatting my breaky in preparation for my first 1/2 today.....in case I haven't mentioned it before...:lmao:

Feeling a little nervous but know I can do this.

Will check back in later to let you know how I did,

Kim

Wahoo I don't think I have ever posted first before

Just eatting my breaky in preparation for my first 1/2 today.....in case I haven't mentioned it before...:lmao:

Feeling a little nervous but know I can do this.

Will check back in later to let you know how I did,

Kim

Go Kim, grace and beauty babe. You will do wonderfully.:yay: Can't wait for your race report.popcorn::

Well your resident Goof is taking a rest day today. Last week was my first 30 mile week for a while so I'm following the hard easy hard easy training plan. Which means this coming week will be about 30 to 35 miles.

Erica the wonder princess is feeling better so maybe our Mon Tue LSD schedule will work this week.:love:

I better be nice or she will threaten to cook again.:sick:

Ok Florida residents, how do we need to dress for October in the Sunshine State? Will we be fine with summer stuff or will we need warm wear for cool evenings? I always pack wrong when we go and end up having to buy stuff. We froze in Jan 2006 and took lots of warm clothes for Jan 2007 when it was hot.

Tomorrow we can say ToT is this month. Any else getting a bit excited?

Have a super Sunday y'all, Go Denver. (John Elway is still playing right)

Dave:hippie:

WWDave said:
Ok Florida residents, how do we need to dress for October in the Sunshine State? Will we be fine with summer stuff or will we need warm wear for cool evenings? I always pack wrong when we go and end up having to buy stuff. We froze in Jan 2006 and took lots of warm clothes for Jan 2007 when it was hot.

You can figure high 70s, lower 80's during the day and low to mid 50's at night.

You can figure high 70s, lower 80's during the day and low to mid 50's at night.

Thanks Vic. It will make packing easier to only pack for one season. That is about what our weather is like here right now, by the end of Oct we are starting to bip into the 40s for lows and 60s during the days.

I would love to live down there. If I'm ever shooting at some food and strike oil I'll load up the family and move there.

Dave:hippie:

Good luck Kim!!!!! Can't wait to hear about the race!:banana: :cool1: :banana:

Well, DH and I are recovering nicely from our 26.2 yesterday. I'm having some odd foot issues--creeped in around mile 18 yesterday. And the foot is really the only thing hurting today. I'm worried it might be a stress fracture--but we'll see. Hey, wasn't there and offer to carry Judy, ala Cleopatra, during ToT. Maybe I can jump on that as well. :rotfl: Today we're heading to the store to pick up our free Brooks for finishing the marathon:banana: Have a great Sunday all!

Hello, WISHers!

Go Kim! :cheer2:

WTG Stephanie! :banana: I love the idea of free shoes as a reward! And I'm a Brooks girl anyway!

Today was a relatively short LR of 10. Felt great the whole way except that my hip was acting up in the last mile and a half. It has been feeling so good all week that I didn't ice it at all yesterday or today before I ran. Lesson learned. I came home and did my first ice bath, which wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. The hip is okay now; hope it makes it through 14 miles next week!

Happy training, all!
Renee

Hey all--I have been lurking for the last few weeks..just been super busy with the start of the school year, but things are slowing down now which means more disboards time for me! :cool1: :cool1:

Kim--Good Luck on your half! Can't wait to hear the report!

Yesterday I did my 9 mile LR and it was awesome. Weather was great and I had a really great run. Average pace was 10:18, probably would have been faster since I started out slow and finished fast (for me! at least). But I was super happy with my run!

Hope everyone's LR's and workouts went well this weekend!

Good luck, Kim!!

Dave...weather will hopefully be nice for TOT. Now, for the marathon....since I'm signed up, expect extreme hot or cold. First time I ran it was HOT. Next 3 times, wind chills in the 30s for start (including 2006, when we got to the start looking like homeless Michelin men for all the extra clothes we had on!).

I had a good track workout yesterday. LR tomorrow. should bike this evening. Swim today, too.
guess I have to get back into the routine since I'm back from WDW, where I didn't run. :rolleyes1

Good morning everyone.

Had a great 5 miler this morning. Ran the entire distance. :thumbsup2 The weather was beautiful, 65 degrees, no humidity, sunny, a little breezy.

I'm not much of a eater first thing in the morning, but decided to start experimenting a little. So, I got early enough to have a bagel 1 hour prior to hitting the streets. It really seemed to help. Duh! :confused3 :rotfl2:

Renee - WTG with the 10 miler. PD for the hip.

Laurie - WTG with the 9 miler.

ironz - You're wearing me out. ;) WTG with the training! :thumbsup2

:)

Hey I made it!!!!!!

Thank you for all the well wishes....DH and I got many complements on our Dis shirts.

I saw Beth!!!!! How did you do?????? Please send me a copy of that picture!!!I must have looked horrible.

Stephanie: Congrats to you and Scott on your 26.2 that is amazing!!!! Hope your foot feels better soon.

Only a quick report as I am exhausted....DH finished in 2:31:58 and I was at 3:04:28. Feels great to be finished!!!!!:headache: I will try and post a photo after a nap.... We where up at 4AM this morning.

Hope everyone has a great LW/LR today.

Kim

Kim- :cheer2: Congrats on the half!:cheer2:

Stephanie and Scott- Enjoy those shoes! You earned them!:yay:

Laurie- WTG on your pace! Sounds like a great run.

Dave's question about the October temps got me wondering what everyone who is doing ToT will be doing to 'freshen up' after the run? I usually just go back to the room/home after an event and wondered what I can do so I don't 'offend' whilst at the after party? I had thought about putting a damp wash cloth in a ziploc baggie to wipe off and checking it at the tent or in a locker. Any other good runner hygiene tips?

I did 12-13 miles today. I was on a new trail and not quite sure how far I went but I ran for just over 2 hrs so that should be my distance. It was BEAUTIFUL running weather here in western PA!

Have a great week,
Kiena

Good morning everyone.

Had a great 5 miler this morning. Ran the entire distance.

I'm not much of a eater first thing in the morning, but decided to start experimenting a little. So, I got early enough to have a bagel 1 hour prior to hitting the streets. It really seemed to help. Duh! :confused3 :rotfl2:

ironz - You're wearing me out. ;) WTG with the training! :thumbsup2

:)

Maybe nutrition was the issue last week?

Good job on the run! yay! I hope my LR tomorrow goes well. Swim was fine this morning....will ride later. This is ez training ;) wait 'til Ironman training starts back up! :eek:

Maybe nutrition was the issue last week?

Good job on the run! yay! I hope my LR tomorrow goes well. Swim was fine this morning....will ride later. This is ez training ;) wait 'til Ironman training starts back up! :eek:

I really think it was.

Have fun on your ride later. :)

I went out for my first long run in my new neighborhood. It was supposed to 8 miles, but I got a little far from home and ended up doing 10 :rotfl: That's prob where I should be anyway. Was a really great run, the weather was in the 60's and there was a nice breeze. Averaged 10:39/mile - am very happy with that. I saw my first alligator the other day, and found myself watching the water whenever I passed a pond in case one came out at me :scared1:

Vic - I always have to eat before I run and now I have become addicted to having a GU every 4-5 miles as well. Congrats on the 5 miler!

Kim - Congrats on your half!:banana: Way to go!!

Kiena - WTG on your LR!

Laurie - Congrats on your 9 miles! Great pace :thumbsup2

Renee - WTG on your 10 miles! Glad the hip is feeling better. I am icing my knees as I type this ;)

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter