Wk Of Sept 22 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Oh Vic I'm so sorry. Hugs for you and your family. :grouphug:

Angie - Have you thought about volunteering while your DH runs? Volunteering is a great way to get in on the action too if you can't run.

I had to walk down them backwards to prevent my quads from going into spasms of revolt.
Hey 007 - All along I was thinking that the Quad Cities Marathon was named so because of 4 area cities. I didn't know they named races after the affected body parts.

Now I see Jen is doing the Rump Roast Run and I can't help but think of the pain she's going to feel.

What's next, the Calf-Half; maybe the Runner's Knee 3 (K) ?

Come to think of it, after reading a lot of posts after last year's WDW events they may have to rename the full the "I Can't Squat to Pee - Mickey". (I'd love to see the redesigned medal for that!)

"I Can't Squat to Pee - Mickey"
:lmao:

Vic - :hug:

SWDave - we miss you over here!

Lily - glad to hear that your mom is improving.

Erica - :woohoo: for your 14 miler!

Martha
- great job as well! :cheer2:

Angie - great news that DH (Bobby, right?) can run RFFT!

I will have no news to report since today is a scheduled rest day.

Chad & I actually get 'date night' tonight! Who knows the last time that happened. We are going to the Lifehouse concert at the beach with the tickets my sister won for me. :woohoo:

Speaking of my sister with the lucky horseshoe up her butt....yesterday she won me third row tickets to the Mixfest concert this Saturday featuring Colbie Caillat, Daughtry & Matchbox 20! :banana:

Good Morning Team: :surfweb:

Sorry I've been absent lately - I seem to be at my wits end with work and home, and I'm doing the best I can just to keep up with my training and posting on the Marine Corps Marathon thread. I'm doing OK after my Mom's funeral service, but I haven't seemed to have the "spark" I used to have. It's taking a little while to recover from that.

I think of you all often, and I promise I'll be back more when the MCM is finished.

I did notice a couple of things I wanted to post about:

Sunny- You are one of the strongest people I know. Your post was inspiring about what you are doing with the back stimulation. I WISH you all the best in your recovery.

Vic- I'm so sorry about Shadow's passing. I WISH you all the best too.

I know I've missed tons of people, and it is not meant to belittle your trials or accomplishments at all. I just haven't been around that much to read up on everyone.

Vic

I am so sorry. When we had to do this twice in 2006 our daughter asked us, "why does doing what's right hurt so much?" My best wishes are with you and your loved ones.

SWDave

I have been away and didn't see you sad news as well. I am truly sorry and am glad to read that you are doing pretty well.

Craig

Hi All….LTO so haven’t had time to post to everyone, but I have been lurking.

Marathon training has been going pretty well. I can’t believe 5 weeks of training are almost done…..15 more to go. I have managed to pretty much stick to the MFM W/R plan, only missing 1 short run & a couple of XT.

I have some:offtopic: news to share…..John & I are going to be GRANDPARENTS. We found out last week that Sean(DS) & Marie(Sean’s DGF) are going to have a baby. Due date is May 21st. Not exactly the order we would have liked to see things happen, but what are you going to do. :confused3 We’re all really excited. I’m already starting to plan my grandchild’s first trip to WDW.:banana:

To all the Newbies – Welcome!
Mel – Congratulations on the running nirvana! I know what you mean about being freaked when the 13+ miles hit. I’ve been trying really hard not to think about more then 1 week at a time. By the way…..love the rotating plank from pirate day.:rotfl:
Christa & Dana – If you run Boston, I think I’ll have to make the drive up there to be part of your scream team.:thumbsup2
Wendy – So very sorry on the loss of your dad. :hug: Great job getting the 20 miler in when you didn’t feel like being out there.
ironz – WOW….a swim workout after doing a 7 mile LR and both of them after a 2 hour ride the day before:worship:
Susie – Glad the 8 miler this week was better for you.
Martha & Craig – Very cool that you caught up with each other & were able to do part of your run together.
Steve – I know what you mean about being bad about posting. Glad to hear the training has been going alright.
Lily – Glad your mom is progressing & you are able to start getting back into your routine.
Kristi – Hope the ebay listings are going well. Wow…your splits are really consistent. Great job on the 3 miler yesterday. Enjoy your date night tonight.
Stephanie – Good luck to you & your DH with your marathon this weekend.
Lou – Congratulations on the new shoes & garmin.
WWDave – Congratulations on staying out of trouble for the whole week last week.
Heather – Sorry the 3 miles on Saturday was a stonker, but at least its done.
Kim – Good luck on your first ½ this weekend. Enjoy every minute of it.
Jen in GA – Sounds like Harry makes a GREAT running buddy.
Renee – Hope the blister is feeling better.
Jen – I’m sorry you’re still having to deal with the security issues. pixiedust: that everything is resolved as quickly as possible. Good luck with the Rump Roast Run this weekend.
Anne – Thanks for posting the 2007 Marathon Weekend group photo. Seeing the photo really gave a boost to my motivation. I do have a correction for you….the guy in row 3 that you listed as my son is not Sean. I believe that is Denny’s DS. Sean was one of the ones taking photos with a bunch of peoples cameras.
FLBill – Have the killer frogs still been out there? That must be really freaky to have them jumping at you while you are running.:scared1:
Vic – So very sorry to hear about Shadow. Sending lots of pixiedust: & :grouphug: to all of you.
Stacey – Glad to hear the shoulder is feeling better. Wow….27 degrees.:eek:
Leana – You are a training/workout machine. I wish I had your energy & motivation.:faint:
Pat – Nice photos of Vern.
Carrie – Glad to see you stopped by. Congratulations on the 2 races. Hope you are still enjoying the new job.
Andrew – Glad to hear the legs are feeling better.
Meghan – Glad the massage has seemed to help your leg soreness.
TXAng – Congratulations!
Monica – Good Luck with your first full marathon!
Sunny – Glad to see you are back posting a bit. Hope the back pain continues to improve.
Judy – Good luck with your race this weekend.
NEBill – pixiedust: for your back.
Jackie – :yay: for being off the crutches.
Erica – Great job on the 14 miler.
Robert – Good luck with the MRI. pixiedust: that it is nothing too serious.
Cam – Glad to see you are getting in the training whenever you can. How’s the kitchen remodeling going?
Angie – That is great that you are still coming to RFTT even though you can’t run it. We can certainly use all the scream team we can get.
Mike – :lmao:
SWDave – Glad you checked in here. pixiedust: that your spark returns soon.

Love all the football talk. I’m an Eagles fan, but I must admit I am not as die hard of a fan as a lot of you. I did miss the Eagles win on Sunday. We were at the Nascar Race in Dover where I did get to see Carl Edwards do his back flip.

Hello, WISHers!

Well I made up for the stonker yesterday with a good 4.8 miles in 47 minutes that felt great the whole time. It was a hilly course and I powered up the hills better than usual. Yay!

I'm going to attempt to catch up; please forgive me if I've missed someone.

TxAng - Do they make maternity running clothes?

Jackie - WOO HOO! I hope you do well off the crutches. You'll have to let me know where your volunteer spot is for the City of Oaks!

Stephanie - Good luck with the marathon on Saturday!

Leana - a Vietnamese sub? What is that?

Kristi - Have a great date night!

Erica - WTG on the 14 miler!

Robert - PD for the MRI. My DH is the same way with MRI's!

Martha - I, too, am tired of running in the heat and am ready for some real fall weather to stay around!

Meghan - 8 hours of computer training?!? Zzzzzz....

Lily - Glad to hear Mom's making good progress!

Vic - So sorry about Shadow. We lost a black lab (12 yrs old) the same way. Tumor that caused bleeding out the nose. So sad!

Angie - Glad you'll get to do scream team for RFTT! That's important and much appreciated by the runners!

Mike - Is that why the port-a-potties at the end of the marathon are so much more disgusting?

MSDave - :hug: I totally get missing the spark. It will come back, I promise. Good to "see" you here!

Karen - Congrats on becoming a grandparent! Thanks for asking on the blister; I've been using padded moleskin and it's been fine.

Happy training, all!
Renee

Jackie – Yay for being done with crutches!! Hope your ankle cooperates and that you’ll be completely done and able to get back to running.

Leana – Nice 4-miler! Yup, I did get my shopping trip, and we even stopped at the snack bar to get an Icee while we were there! Yum. :)

Kristi – WTG on the 3 miles! Hope you and DH have fun on your date night tonight!

Erica – Glad the 14 miles went well!

Robert – Keeping my fingers crossed for good news from the MRI tomorrow.

Martha – Good job getting out there even though it’s been so hot!

Vic – I’m so sorry about Shadow! :hug:

SWDave – I’m sorry for your loss. Glad to hear that you’re doing ok. :hug:

Karen – Congratulations! That’s exciting news! :goodvibes

Renee – Yay for a good 4.8-miler!

Do they make maternity running clothes? I didn't see any last night, but I did pick up a pair of shorts and a pair of capris that still have lots of room for growth. I think that drawstring pants are going to be my new best friends. :lmao:

No training last night. Yesterday was my baby brother's 12th birthday (there are 16 years and no siblings between us!), so we took him to Outback for dinner. His actual party will be on Saturday, and my Grandparents are coming up for the whole weekend, so that will be fun!

Vic-- I'm so sorry to hear about Shadow. You are in my thoughts.

Sunny

MSDave-- I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your spark returns real soon. You are in my thoughts, too.

Sunny

Big Vic--My sympathies regarding Shadow.

MSDave--Good to "see" you stopping by. Best of luck re-kindling the spark.

Lily--Glad to hear your mom is progressing. Can you believe the way some of these people act when you are not watching!?! Shocking, just shocking.

Kim--Good luck with your half marathon and HAVE FUN (at least try).

Karen and John--Congrats. Just think, someone you can spoil rotten, get on a sugar high and give back to the parents when you're done playing with her/him.

Good morning guys:

Vic sorry for your lose of a friend. Do not get kittens, they can destroy your civilized world.

Karen and John, Congradulations.

Mouse Dave, strong vibes for finding your grove again.

Lily, don't belive anything PatsFan Bill says, you know how those big city lawyers twist the truth.

4 Miles in the rain for me, dang that was fun:banana:

Walk/run strong y'all

Dave:hippie:

Vic -- Sending you and your family a :hug: I am so sorry for your loss. I just can't even imagine how hard that decision is to make.

Karen and John -- congrats on the future WISHer and Disney nut!! It opens a whole new world of planning and expectation! Enjoy the "waiting"! :goodvibes

We are almost through the third week of the renovation and we have all new walls and all new wiring and 2 new entryways, and as of today, most of a ceramic tile floor with a glass inlay around the footprint of an island-to-be. LOL!!! Really, it has been not nearly as bad as I expected. I am pleased to report that except for when we had a weekend houseguest each of two weekends and Andrew's confirmation one of those weekends, we have not been eating out or doing take-out. Losing most of the first floor of the house has been interesting, however.

okay, work calls. back later!

A quick drive by to report I did three miles this morning, even though I overslept and had to get two little brats ready for school. :headache:

Vic - :hug:

Karen and John - Congratulations! Time to order a teeny tiny little neon lime green shirt! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter