Wk Of Oct 7 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
DiRTyBuNNy TN
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyluv
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
MyZoeJane Ali IL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
plutopdx OR
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
princessrunner Lisa ME
Pungodingy Angie NH
rake5 Rachael WA
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
sassparillo
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Villains Rock Eva OH
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

7 miles today in 1:28:45 for a 12:41 pace...about 2 1/2 minutes longer than my last 7, but we were back with life-altering humidity this morning.

Words of wisdom...Lee Roy Selmon's ribs might be very tasty, but should not be eaten as a pre-LR dinner :sad2:

:wizard: to the injured and ill!

Mel, I know exactly what you mean about the humidity! I was planning on a good run today as a final tune-up for next Saturday's 10 mile (Ten for Texas) race. I opened the door this morning to a wave of warm humidity, and may have been sweating before I left the driveway.

In any case I still beat my goal of running 6.5 miles in a 12:30 average pace by running at a 12:28 average pace! I ran the second mile in 11:43 and actually made a concious effort not to run too fast. It was a very good run, perhaps even more so because of the horrible running weather.

Now I am looking forward to next weekend's race after the cooler weather also comes through.

Heyt here team!!!!

We have got some wicked humidity also...not normal for southern Ontario in October, even the nights are too hot for a good sleep.

Anyways, no training to report for me, this is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada so will be doing a bit of heavy eating today.....turkey, stuffin, pumpkin pie....yummmmmmmmm

Hope everyone has a awesome weekend.

Kim

Good morning WISH Team.

I'm 56 today, can't believe I've lived that long with some of the crazy crap I've done. I'm the poster child for "God looks after fools and little children".

I have a question for any massage vets on here. Yesterday I took a rest day and had a long soak in the hot whirlpool. I used the jets of water to massage my legs since they were feeling a little sore. The jets of water are pretty strong but not uncomfortably so, but this morning my legs are very sore. Is that normal for a deep massage when you haven't had one for a while?:eek:

Today will be a complete rest day.:cloud9:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for our WISH team racing this weekend.

Erica is working a 14 hour shift and wanted me to say "Hi WISH Team" for her.

Have an awesome day y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Good morning.

Well, Saturday is my first marathon. I'll start it, but have little to no faith I'll finish.

My IT band is really hurts during workouts. (Day to day use is A-OK.) I injured it during the first week of my taper.:guilty: I can go 8 strong miles pain free. I've made it to 15 miles before I have to quit. :sad1:

So, (sigh), we'll see. I've got a normal SW on Tuesday, easy shorter walk on Thursday, then the race on Saturday. In between it's rest, ice, and stretch. I'll be wearing an elastic support (the kind with a hole for my patella) during the race.

Wish me luck.

(DLF > DNF >> DNS)

Kelley--Good luck to you! PD that your IT band holds up for your race:wizard:

Dave--Happy Birthday!:dance3: Hope you have a wonderful day! Behave yourself!;)

Kim--Have a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving!

And let me say, I'm another that can't believe this "fall-like" weather here in Arkansas. It was around 90 yesterday!!!!:scared1: I just let the dog out, and I told DH that I should get a little chill opening the door in Oct, not recoil over how humid/hot it is already. We're normally in the 50s in the mornings at this time of year, and right now it's in the 70s. Just glad my marathon training is on hiatus for a couple weeks, in order to recover as fully as possible from last weekend. Hopefully, it will have cooled down by then.

Quick question--just so I have my calendar straight--for those of ya'll doing the 18 week training plans for Disney--what week are we on now?? TIA

Have a great Sunday all! PD for all those battling injuries at the moment, seems like they're running rampant right now!

[BDave[/B]--- Happy Birthday. :bday:

Kelley---Good luck in Baltimore. I am doing the half but with the staggered start I doubt that we will see each other.

Kim---Happy Thanksgiving.

Central PA has also been having the heat and humidity. Though yesterday it was hot but less humid and I did my 8 mile LW early so it didn't bother me to much.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Nancy

Happy Birthday Dave! :banana: :banana: :cake:

I'm dealing with the humidity, too. It's wicked for this time of year!

Terri

Thank you for the birthday WISHes. No I will not behave.pirate:

Kim happy Thanksgiving.:yay:

Kelley, be careful pretty princess. Hope your ITB feels better. I have problems with that also. I use a rolling pin to massage it out when it feels to tight. (RedNeck Therapy), but it works.:hug:

Terri and Nancy thank you.:love:

Nucpharm29, I to am getting tired of the darn humidity. But some of the WISHers are already watching it snow.:eek:

Thought for the day; "No matter how bad your day sucks, if you are snuggled up at night to sleep, at the end of it, with the right person, all is right with the world".:cloud9:

Dave:hippie:

Good Morning Wish Team!!!!

This morning I headed out early for my 11 mile LR, and I had a nice, consistent run, which I am really excited about!! I finished in 1 hour 55 min, with an average pace of 10:02. Mile times went like this:

1 - 9:57
2 - 10:02
3 - 10:06
4 - 10:02
5 - 10:04
6 - 10:04
7 - 10:00
8 - 10:00
9 - 10:01
10 - 10:10
11 - 9:55

I am pretty excited that I stayed right around 10 mpm which was my goal going out this morning!!

Time to catch up with everyone...I will do another post for that!

Hi everyone!

I've been getting my training in but I've been kind of down lately. DH's job may be on the line. We'll find out Tuesday. He's been working with the same company for 27 years and the company is going through reorganization. Steve has always had high rankings when it comes to job performance but that means absolutely nothing right now. Rumor is that the company is looking to nix some of the higher paid employees and Steve is one of those in his category. Please keep your fingers crossed for him. Thanks!

Cam - Ouch on the back! I hope the doctors can figure out what's wrong and get you on the road to recovery, fast! Sending you lots of :wizard: :hug: :wizard: and :goodvibes .

Sunny - :wizard: for you as well. How long does it take for the wires to hold? Sending :wizard: to speed up the process. hug:

Colleen - Reading your posts just makes me mad (regarding the doctors). Glad Fleetfeet folks were able to help recommend another Ortho. :hug:

Jen in GA - It's hard not to be whiney when you're not feeling well. Sending some :wizard: and virtual chicken soup your way.

Judy- congrats on your PR! It wasn't that long ago that you couldn't train with your injuries. WTG!!!

Tricia - we know you will be with us in spirit this January. I wish you could be there as well.

Christa - great job on mastering the beast, er, hill - with speedy times!

MelR - good to hear from you. Do you still work at the bike shop?

Renee - great job on the 14 miler. Geez. I'm training for the marathon, too, and I haven't run more than 9 miles yet. Uh, oh. :eek:

Jen - how was the 108 laps? I've been doing my training on the treadmill because of my feet issues. (Softer surface). I don't know which is worse, the laps or the "dread"mill. :crazy:

wwDave - :bday: The old saying still holds true - you're not getting older, you're getting better! We will help you celebrate at the ToT!

Kelley - I wish I could send you my massage therapist. She is super with problematic areas. Sending you lots of :wizard: for your marathon. Does going a little slower help at all? :hug:

For all those nursing injuries, colds or other issues, here's some :wizard: and :goodvibes for you.

Hope everyone has a good and safe week!

Monte - I meant to tell you congratulations on completing the marathon. You completed a MARATHON! 26.2 miles! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: No one can ever take that away from you. No doubt that you will be able to do the Mickey in January! See you there!

Laurie - awesome times! You really kicked it in for that last mile. I usually run out of energy by then. :upsidedow

Ok...time to catch up!

lourodrigis--We deserve to have it rubbed in that the Mets collapsed, it was awful!!! Sorry about your Phillies, I was pulling for them as well..a phillies-yanks world series would have been great, oh well! Hope your LBI race went well this weekend!

Cam--I hope your back is feeling better soon..I was in pain just reading about how much pain you are in. Hang in there! :wizard:

Jackie--Go Helio! I am not really an Indy Car fan (I Love Nascar!) but I am pulling for Helio...he is doing great so far! Hope the broken foot is all healed soon. :wizard:

Lily--Hope your half marathon went well this weekend!

Tricia--don't worry so much about your time, as long as you are getting the miles in. If that works for you then go with it!! Keep up the good work! Also, I used the Hal Higdon novice half marathon plan for my half in April, and now I am using his marathon plan for the WDW marathon. I really like his training plans, and they have been great for me! The most I ran before my half was 11 miles and I was fine finishing.

Stephanie-I hope you and your DH are feeling better and you are back to getting those workouts in real soon.

Colleen--I have no experience with Steroid injections, so I can't offer any advice there. Glad you went to get a second opinion and may finally get to the bottom of the pain. Hang in there!

monte--that video makes me laugh everytime I see it! I really hope I don't feel like that in January!!!

Cecilia--Glad to hear that you are getting your training despite a busy schedule. WTG for changing things up based on how your body is feeling.

Leana--Great job on your training, doesn't it feel great when you see improvement!! Also, Good luck on your upcoming exam!

Renee--Great job on your LR!! You are going to do great at the marathon!!! Keep up the good work!

Christa--WOW! What an awesome LR, you are super speedy! Keep up the good work!

Jen--Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. :wizard: Hope you feel better soon!!

Vic--Great job on your runs this past week!

Dave--Happy Birthday!!!!

Mel--Great job on your 7 miler!

Coco--Great job on your run! Good Luck in your 10 miler next weekend!

Kim--Enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend!!!

Kelley--Sorry to hear about your injury...I hope you are feeling better soon. Good Luck next weekend, and definetely listen to your body!

Susie--sorry to hear about DH's job situation...I can only imagine that it must be very stressful for your family. Hope everything works out for the best.

Wow! that is a long post for me, but I wanted to catch up with everyone! I hope everyone had great workouts this weekend!! keep up the good work!

Just a quick drive by to say I saw Texas Belle and her family at Animal Kingdom yesterday. Though I couldn't remember their name. I walked by and was like...hmmm....that guy looks familiar. Turned around and saw Texas Belle.

Dave--for an intensely deep massage, you can get sore muscles--if you don't drink enough water after the fact. They are breaking up the lactic acid and toxins and that all needs to leave your body. So that could be why you are even more sore than the day before. Actually--depending on how deep--you WILL get sore muscles if you aren't careful.

I have had my share of deep massage work done (my deepest being a hot stone massage a couple of weeks ago--absolutely wonderful...but boy was it painful at times). I think I drink more water from those than I do after a 10 mile run. You have to flush everything out. :)

Though honestly--I've never had a water massage that came close to some of the work I have gotten done via massage.

My next investment is a foam roller. My PT has me starting to use one on my IT band. To say it is painful is an understatement. Lots of work to be done on that body part.

And I have had to quit running (at least for this season) and focus on walking. The runnig is interferring with healing. :(

Kim, Happy Thanksgiving, we got together with two other Canadian families last night and had turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie! The host was lamenting how hard it was to find a turkey in the grocery store this time a year.:rotfl:

Stephanie, glad you asked the question on what week people are on doing the 18 week program for Disney. Are you recovered from your marathon?

Nancy, good job on your 8 mile run!:yay:

WWDAve, Happy Birthday!

Lisa, so cool you saw Heather yesterday at AK.

Jackie, how are you?:)

Colleen - Reading your posts just makes me mad (regarding the doctors). Glad Fleetfeet folks were able to help recommend another Ortho. :hug:

Susie and Laurie, thanks for your PD on my knee. I did have my 2nd ortho see my knee last week and FINALLY someone decided to take X-rays. They found bone spurs growing on my knee cap. OK, so I have these protrusions scraping on my tendon in my knee. NO wonder I am having pain. Remember this is the ortho that Fleetfeet recommended. I since found out that he is the guy "who will get in back in the game no matter what doc!". He actually told me that I could run the marathon in 3 weeks with a steroid injection. Ok, I am not a professional athlete here and if I need a steroid injection to do the race, should I be running the race? I really didn't want to do permanent damage. I really felt uneasy with the whole thing and with the help and support of my MCM buddies, Jodi, Sara, MSDave, Mike and Chester, I decided to defer my MCM entry until next year and get the surgury to "Dremmel" off my bone spurs and hopefully do a run/walk at Disney.

That being said, I question whether the bone spurs are my only problem and I made an appointment for a 3RD, yes, 3rd orthopedist for Tuesday. I'm hoping to have the surgery next week.

Kelley, so sorry you are feeling pains as well. Deciding not to compete in MCM was a very tough decision after 17 weeks of training, I only had one more 20 LR to complete and I was in taper mode. It was SO tough on my mentally to get my head around the idea that it was OK to not run. Logically, it would have been SO stupid of me to even think about pounding 26 miles out with these bone spurs irritating the entire time, but mentally I really wanted to run. A person also has to think about the damage one does the other body parts when the rest of the body has to take up the slack. So moral of the story, be very careful and listen to your body.

Colleen

I wish I could send you my massage therapist. She is super with problematic areas. Sending you lots of :wizard: for your marathon. Does going a little slower help at all? :hug:

Thanks, everyone, for the support, advice, and PD.

To answer Susie's question, yes. I am planning to go slow. 13:10 is my race pace. 13:30 is my normal training pace. I think I'll keep it around 15:00 for this weekend, just on the outside chance that will allow me to finish.

Stay tuned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter