Wk Of Oct 21 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Ok so this is going to be the LONGEST day!!! I just have to make it through work today and then I have to come home and pack. At least my list of things has gotten smaller. Today is my sisters bday and I made her a cake so I have to meet up with her today as well.

No running for me yesterday, I did walk with DH to the store but its only like a quarter mile there and back.

Am I the ONLY one going to TOT still here?? I will be checking in throughout the day (have to pass the time at work somehow) I still can't believe its almost here!!! :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay:

Am I the ONLY one going to TOT still here?? I will be checking in throughout the day (have to pass the time at work somehow) I still can't believe its almost here!!! :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay:

Nope. I am still here too. My flight leaves in 30.5 hours. I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be like "The Great Race" for me as I fly into Orlando in the evening, transport to WDW, check into the hotel, drop off my bags and get to MGM in time to participate in the 6.5K. If I don't make it in time to participate in the race, hopefully I'll be able to at least attend the party. :confused3

Tricia & Bill-

I'm still here too!

It's a little rainy. I have two new tires so I'm cool (hate the unanticipated expense, but feel all mature for getting them pre-road trip!) I was trying to figure out what we'd wear in case of rain for the race- then I decided I DON'T CARE CAUSE IT'S ToT TIME! I'll just bring a couple of hats and a big ol' baggy for the camera! (I am going to bring my "hack around" running shoes for the parks just in case my real shoes get wet at some point).

Oh yeah, this is going to be a productive 3 hours before I can go round up the kiddos and hit the road... :woohoo:

Going to be on Expedition Everest this time tomorrow!!!! :banana:

Jen in GA

Can I just say.... WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH!!! I am so jealous that I can't be at TOT. I tried to make it work, but it just wasn't meant to be this year!!!

Last night I made it to bootcamp, a couple minutes late, but I made it. I didn't work it as hard because my breathing is still off with this cold. This week I felt it in the calves, she changes it up each week. I really like her and would definatley take more classes from her. This weekend is supposed to be COLDDDDDDDD... high in the 40's. How is that for a long run!!! I am thinking I am not ready for this weather and am sure my run will show that.

GOOD LUCK AT TOT AND HAVE FUN!!! Please someone think of me when you are out playing and say "this one is for Jen".... I would love that!

Just wanted to pop in and say GOOD LUCK to all the TOT runners this weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jen in GA - Hope you have a safe drive. Hopefully we will see you there.

Bill - I forgot you have a marathon to do before you even get to TOT. :lmao: I don't envy you at all. At least you should be nice a warmed up before the 6.5k. Good luck and be safe.

Jen in Wis. - Sorry to hear you aren't able to make it to TOT. The most important thing is to get yourself healthy. Try not to get too cold on that LR in such cold temps!!

So I have 6 more hours of work (at least 45 mins of that will be lunch time) Don't want to wish my life away but I wish it was 5PM already!!! I am ready to :dance3:

**Tricia** Fortunately (well, I guess in reality unfortunately), I am well skilled on the travel end, its just the race part for which I am unprepared. Prior to my surgeries and related complications, I did a fair amount of last minute, you need to be there now business travel. The training/walking has taken a hit over the last three or so weeks though.

I'll just throw stuff in a carry-on tomorrow morning before DD1's homecoming events, DD2's horse show and DS's soccer, then get to the airport as soon as I can after synching up with DW somewhere after the child/children I am chaufferring finish. At least we have it easy as its an off weekend for DD3 (no swim meet).

And I am trying to add in distance walking events for me now? I guess there could be worse things a guy could chose as part of a mid-life crisis (plus my motorcycle money is currently tied up in braces.)

I'm still here!!!! WIsh I could check in more so I could be with those not going and those with Sat am flights (like me) to keep each other company.

Recovered ok from Detroit. Ran Wed and Thursday and it wan't too bad. I also heard that the world record holder said teh bridge was really steep adn that and the wind made it really hard. Nice to know that even the big guns think it's hard!

Here are the official pics

http://www.runphotos.com/browse.cfm?race_id=121&bib_number=14947

That owuld be Pat with me in pic #2.

Check out the buying info:
1. You can have them crop teh time out of all your pix. WTH???:confused3
2. It costs teh same for 3 of their pix on cd as ALL of your WDW pix on CD!!! WHo said everything's pricey at WDW???

:hug: to all who can't go to ToT. I WISH everyone could come!

Good luck on your LRs this wekend!!!!

Oh Carrie - I see you wore your good luck skirt! I gotta get me one of those. I like the camo one that Lily had also!!! Too bad they don't have a lime green camo or striped on, how cool would that be. I think it would read "Here Comes Jen!"

As for my log run... I am anticipating temps in the 30's/low 40's. I guess it's time to dig out the tights :scared:.

Carrie, great photos! :thumbsup2

Jen, I'm right there with ya. I'm very jealous of the ToTers. I know they're gonna have a blast! :wizard:

Finished up my running week today. This was the first time since I started running that all my runs were under 11:00! I averaged 10:47 for the week!

Nope, I am still here too. Just checking in real quick before I clean out the car, pack the suitcases (I am always a last minute packer), and get dinner cooked. Then it's all off to bed so we can wake up REALLY early to make our way to Orlando. We are spending the day at Universal for the first part of the day, then heading to Packet Pickup at DownTown Disney before 4, then back to the hotel at Universal to rest and take a nap before our late night at TOT!! I am so excited!! I spent the day getting the oil changed and dropping off our house keys and key fab to the house alarm with my cousin so she can take care of the dogs while we are gone!! I think I have almost everything taken care of..... "O" Crap!! I have to charge my camera batteries!! I can't wait to see everyone down there!!

Dana

COme on Disney fans. That's not just my lucky skirt, those are my Racing Stripes! :rotfl:

Jen - FOrgot to tell you how glad I am that your health is at least getting better. Get to Detriot tomorrow morning adn I'll seneak you in my suitcase!

I feel so guilty that I've doen so much theis year. However, last year I missed Minnie adn DL when it seemed liek the whole world was going. I know how much it stinks! :grouphug:

Good luck to all those ToT racers out there! Needless to say I am jealous and wish I could be there.

Good luck to all our racers this weekend. Count me in with the jealous crew. I think I'm def doing ToT next year. Just couldn't swing SF and ToT in the same week. Gotta work sometime to pay for this "inexpensive" sport. ;)

Have a great time everyone!

Terri

Good evening anyone out there. I've got good news and bad news to report. The good news is, I am getting some training in tonight. The bad news is its for MNSSHP, not the ToT 6.5K. I am at Six Flag New England's Fright Fest after agreeing to bring DD15 here and two of her friends.

They've actually done a lot of work/improvements here. Unfortunately, I am a WDW-snob and just thinking about my trip there and the ToT event. I am also an over-protective father whose keeping an eye on his "baby" 15 yo DD. Unfortunately for her, she (and her siblings) will always be my babies.

Hoping to meet some WISH ToT'ers this weekend and good luck to the MCM'ers.

Hi Team

It's been a long time since I posted, but I am still at it -- sometimes more, sometimes, less. :)

Today I did my longest walk/run ever! 10 miles :banana: I am now basking in my achievement drinking coffee and eating some Starbucks' chocolate covered cherries that I had been saving as a reward for when I reached the 10 mile mark.

I'll try to post more -- especially read more -- I need the encouragement.

Dona

How do I join? I just started serious running this year. Did a couple 5Ks, a 7 Miler, 10 miler and have signed up for the Disney Half.

Nothin' fancy to join. Just chime right in and introduce yourself. The more the merrier. We do have a new thread each week, so hop on over to the Week of Oct 28 walking/running thread and you'll be right there with us!

Welcome aboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter