Wk of Oct 15--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Thanks to everyone for the tips on the shoes and how to tie them, it is frustrating. I've decided to wait til Spring to purchase another pair since I can't walk outside now,(think snow & lots of it), so that will give me time to decide on which brand. Sounds like everyone is doing really well with their training....I can't believe it's the end of Oct. already...you guys will be in WDW before you know it! :goodvibes

keenercam said:
OMG!!! MY packet arrived!!!! :dancer:

Just refer to me as racer #9543!!

Oh boy! Can't wait til our mail truck comes by!! Where's the "I've got my fingers crossed" smilie?? Something about having the OFFICIAL packet in my hand makes it all that more real.

I got my 12 LW in today. I did W4 at 3.8 and R1 at 4.4. While this is not so speedy for all you big dogs out there, I have seen a huge improvement over where I was a year ago. :banana: I just want to be able to finish the full ahead of the sweepers, and maybe have time to pose for a picture with a character or two.

I am really looking forward to Jan!

Okay, so I just had the most fabulous 12 mile run. It was one of the best runs I have ever had, maybe the best. I don't know my splits as my Garmin is still messing my lap thing up, but my pace was 11:15 and I finished in 2:15. The weather was absolutely perfect for a long run, when I started at 8:30ish it was 40 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze. I was a little chilly when I started out (I was wearing shorts and a long sleeved shirt) but after only a few minutes I was completely comfortable. It was neat running around my still sleeping neighborhood and see it slowly come alive. What a great feeling to be on mile 8 and see someone casually strolling with a cup of coffee! Today was the longest training run I have ever done, I've done 2 half marathons, so I've covered the milage before, but this is the first time I've 12 miles without it being in a race. I was a little nervous about the distance, but it didn't drag at all, in fact I couldn't believe how fast the time went. It reminded me of John Bingham's advice before the marathon, when he said to be patient and let the miles come to you. Right now, I feel pretty confident about about the marathon and excited! Just think only 14 more miles!!!!!

Cecilia and Dave--Good luck tomorrow! You guys are going to do great.

Cam--YAY!!!! I think I'm going to check my mailbox right now. :Pinkbounc

I think it's time for a nap, I am so tired! Stephen and I are going to the Melting Pot for our anniversary (6 years today), I'm so glad that I burned 1096 calories today! Oh, before I go, let me tell you how sweet Stephen is. We agreed no presents and instead we are renewing our WDW annual passes. I came out of the bathroom this morning dressed for my run and sitting on the bed is a present. It was a pair of running sunglasses that has 4 different lenses that pop in and out depending on the weather conditions and a moisture wicking tobaggan hat for when it gets cold. Isn't he sweet??? :love:

Ooooh packets...

DW and I completed our 7 milers today, her around 11:30mpm and me 9:45mpm avg. Her longest run ever, capping her highest mileage week ever at 13mi. My highest mileage week since high school at 22mi.

Some early pain from the shins, but eventually they numbed themselves silly like always. Reading about everyone's 10 and 12 and 16 milers I feel like I'm way behind, but I guess that's because the plan I'm on just does one 20 miler three weeks before the race rather than multiple, or even longer runs than that. Wonder if I'll be sorry during that last 10k come January...

OMG and it felt wonderful!!!! I cannot believe how awesome it felt to run and be able to run!!!! I took the advice from my wonderful DIS buddies and lowered my speed and it worked perfectly!!!! So I did 3 miles, with 3w/3r intervals...yeah I ran for 3 whole minutes at a time!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!! So I walked at a 4pmh pace and then when I ran I just upped it to 5mph and it was perfect!!!!!! I did 3 miles in 40 minutes exactly, which isn't great, but I figured with time I may get a little faster...until then I can say I was a runner today, and for that I have a huge kool-aid smile on my face :teeth: !!!!!!

Yippee for packets starting to arrive. :yay: Thanks for sharing the good news “Racer #9543”. ;) I have a PO Box, won’t get there until Monday. Hopefully there will be packets waiting for me.

Stephanie – Hope you had a good run! :thumbsup2
Suzy – Sorry you are having pain this morning. pixiedust: that it feels better quickly.
Pat & Krista – Great job on your 12 miles today. :woohoo:
Matt – Great job to you & your DW on your 7 miles today. :woohoo: Glad to hear the shins aren’t giving you too much trouble.
Michelle – Congratulations on being a “runner”! Enjoy your Kool- Aid Smile today. :teeth:

WooHoo…was able to get on here 2 days in a row. :wave2: We do our LW/R tomorrow. MFM calls for 4 miles.

Okay, now I am anxiously awaiting today's mail, and perhaps, a special present from the Great Packet Dancer (clever... I love it!!). I ran a Disney Marathon ten years ago and have since read the packet program/brochure dozens of times. It is motivational reading for long runs on the treadmill.

:woohoo: Super Congrats to all of you athletes who are following your training programs. It feels soooo good to reach a small goal today, *and* have it be an important step toward an even bigger goal... one to be reached at WDW, no less!!

(...with hands clasped and raised skyward, "Oh, please, Great Packet Dancer... I've been faithfully doing my training runs... please, let my mile long walk to the mailbox result in leaps of joy, and not in a disappointing, tear soaked bundle of utility bills and catalogs.")

Happy long runs -- and packet deliveries -- to all.

Teri

Matt-- :wizard: for your shins. Pass along some :cheer2: :cheer2: for your DW!! What training plan are you using? I'm doing MfM and it just calls for 1 20 miler 3 weeks before the full. Maybe I should take a look at your plan, I would have much rather done 7 miles than 12 today!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Disneyfanz--Awesome job on your 3 miler!!!

PS--No packet yet!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter