Will RIV have a fire sell?

squirrel30

Earning My Ears
When Poly Towers goes on sell that will make 5 active sites for sale (AUL/ Poly Tower/ FWC /DLT/RIV). Will this be a time when DVD might try to sell the rest of RIV at a fire sell? Was CCV ever a fire sell before or after RIV went on sale?

I don’t see any reason to think the fact they have VDH and AUL for sale to issue a fire sale at RIV. While they have strong cash bookings and all of them operate at 80%+ capacity I don’t think we will see much of a sale anytime soon.

RIV wasn’t the one they did a fire sale on before that was VGF. What is interesting is the Poly tower is bound to have a ton of points (I’m guessing close to RIV). They probably like having different locations at WDW to sell (Epcot/HS vs MK).

The question is what will happen with the cabins. I feel like that was an odd choice on their part. But again on the cash side they sell well.

I do not see it happening anytime soon. I think they will see how things shake with PVB tower sales the first three months it’s on sale, and go from there.

I doubt Riviera will have a fire sale. The Riviera seems to be selling and booking (cash stays) on a steady basis and is frequently near capacity. I do think CFW will eventually have a fire sale because the price per point is high and the dues are so high.

The question is what will happen with the cabins. I feel like that was an odd choice on their part.
I'm not convinced that CFW was a choice made by DVD in the sense that they asked for the cabins to become part of DVC. I think it's possible that Parks & Resorts told them "Take the cabins" and left DVD to make the best of it. Or, maybe it was part of the long-range plan for the DVC part of Reflections, and the cabins are becoming DVC now due to the timing of needed replacement while the rest of Reflections will come later.

I've been a member since 1995 and I don't think I've ever heard about DVC holding a fire sale.

If the summer incentives for RIV end up being better than the current incentives it will definitely be a pleasant surprise IMO and it might be the final push we need to dive into our first direct contract. Still on the fence of whether or not to get the process started toward the end of this current incentive period knowing full well this could be as good as we see in awhile (if not, ever) when it comes to direct pricing. Seems like prices only keep rising and the waiting game only gets more expensive, but we'll see.

They’re offering up to $41 per point off (18%) plus another $20 per point if you sell back your current year points (27% off total). That’s an incredibly aggressive offer by historical DVC standards.

You are very unlikely to get a lower price on Riviera again, IMO.

That doesn’t mean it’s a good deal, I still am not buying, but it’s a very deep discount.

Member Cruise currently at sea, BTW, was offered up to $48/point!

I'm not convinced that CFW was a choice made by DVD in the sense that they asked for the cabins to become part of DVC. I think it's possible that Parks & Resorts told them "Take the cabins" and left DVD to make the best of it.

The leaker that predicted that DVC would take over the cabins said this exact thing. It sounds like they were just handed them. There was some serious speculation that Disney wanted to even close the campground, as it's massive and expensive to maintain and happens to be on premium land.

The leaker that predicted that DVC would take over the cabins said this exact thing. It sounds like they were just handed them. There was some serious speculation that Disney wanted to even close the campground, as it's massive and expensive to maintain and happens to be on premium land.
That's believable.

I think a ‘fire sale’ has to be something that actively undermines the resale market. VGF did, I think maybe Aulani was fairly close a couple years back and the OKW one frankly I think qualifies. RIV is just reasonably deeply discounted.

I actually speculated it would be this quarter because they needed to goose the numbers compared to last year launching VDH. Moving forward with Poly, there probably isn’t much motivation. RIV does very well with cash rates, unlike say VGF.

Now CFW is definitely one to watch. There is no way we’ve seen the cheapest prices on that one yet.

By the way, if we want to get pedantic, Poly is probably about to undercut its resale because of Disney’s very crafty stoking of the resale market. Good on them. Though that doesn’t make it a fire sale.

Frankly if I owned Poly I might actually sell right now and would rebuy when that 9+ million point resort absolutely tanks in a few years. Those expecting a 250pp launch price are out to lunch. But DVD is often out to lunch and makes major tactical errors; we’re due for a mistake to be made, as they seemingly always do recently with the new product launches.

Who was that?

Raise the price - offer “great deals” to pixie dust blinded new buyers. Rinse. Repeat. It’s funny how quickly we lose track of how much prices have escalated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter