Will our luggage be safe?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
The last day we were gonna head out and go straight to AK with our car packed for a "goodbye" character breakfast. Does anyone think our luggage would be safe at AK parking lot for a couple hours? Our PS is at 10 and we will leave for home right after we eat. Thanks!

If its not visiable (ie in the trunk) then I wouldnt think itd be a problem

If ya had alot of spendy stuff visable then Id start to get a little concerned

-em

It's as safe there as it would be in any parking lot at a tourist destination. In other words, it's no more or less safe simply because it's Disney.

That said .... during the day, I would feel comfortable leaving my luggage in the car for a couple of hours, particularly if it's in a closed trunk. I'm sure there are dozens of rental cars with luggage in them inhabiting the parking lots every day, and there are very few reports of things being stolen.

To be on the safe side, though, be sure to take all valuables -- plane tickets, electronics, jewelry, etc -- into the restaurant with you. Leave the luggage in the car and take your "carry ons" with you. It'll cost you a bit more time at the security tables, but better to be safe than sorry.

:earsboy:

I'm wondering... We will be in a SUV so our luggage could be seen by looking into the windows.

Should we give Pop Century our luggage to store, then just take the bus to AK, then after we eat go back to Pop Century to pack the car and then leave? Or does this sound like a huge waste of time?

Thanks for any comments.

I would suggest a slight variation. Leave your luggage with bell services at Pop, then drive your SUV to/from AKL for breakfast. This will be much faster than using the busses.

Originally posted by lenshanem
I'm wondering... We will be in a SUV so our luggage could be seen by looking into the windows.

Should we give Pop Century our luggage to store, then just take the bus to AK, then after we eat go back to Pop Century to pack the car and then leave? Or does this sound like a huge waste of time?

Thanks for any comments.
Honestly ... probably nothing would happen if you left in it the SUV. But you also don't want to be the exception to the rule, you know? The fact that you're asking the question means you're nervous about it on some level, so I'd just be safe and leave it at Bell Services and pick it up after breakfast. Better to do that than to rush through your final day's breakfast because you're worried about your luggage.

:earsboy:

I have a friend whose SUV was broken into in the Magic Kingdom parking lot during Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago. Had money, credit cards, electronics and souveniers stolen. They never got anything back, and had a few problems with the stolen cards being used elsewhere.
They asked Disney security to review the tapes, but to no avail. If it was me, and I couldn't hide anything in a trunk, I wouldn't take the chance that someone might see something they liked and smash a window to get it.

And what were they doing leaving money and credit cards in the car, no matter WHERE they were! :eek:

Originally posted by AJKMOM
I have a friend whose SUV was broken into in the Magic Kingdom parking lot during Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago. Had money, credit cards, electronics and souveniers stolen. They never got anything back, and had a few problems with the stolen cards being used elsewhere.
They asked Disney security to review the tapes, but to no avail. If it was me, and I couldn't hide anything in a trunk, I wouldn't take the chance that someone might see something they liked and smash a window to get it.

That's very unfortunate and a sad event to occur especially on vacation

thanks
jaysue

Be careful of items that may melt in the heat. I once had a box of chocolates to take home for my mom in a suitcase in the trunk. When she opened it, all the cute little character chocolates were totally melted.

I'd have luggage service store it while you're at the park/restaurant, then pick it up before you leave. Whether to take the bus or drive would be up to you, but your luggage should be safe, and you won't have to worry about someone breaking into your car.

Steph

on our last day we had the luggage in the car and went to epcot for a few hours. No problem. Just make sure anything that may be sensitive to the sun/extreme heat is out of the sun or in the trunk if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter