Will DCL be kind about a cancellation for a broken arm?

My mom just broke her arm and the doctors won’t cast the arm until 10 days for the swelling to go down.

We are sailing on this Sunday 9/08. We don’t have insurance. Is there any way that DCL will take pity on us and give us cruise credit?

Does anyone have experience with something like this? We will go on the cruise if we can’t cancel/get credit, but if we could reschedule that would be the best option.
Here's my experience from this past March:
Two days before our cruise, the day before our flight, I woke up in the morning with a terrible stomach ache that later turned into a sharp pain in my right abdomen (some people in the audience may well know what doom was ahead for me).
By 7 p.m. after a blood test and a ct scan, I was at the emergency room, and by 9 p.m. I was being prepped for an emergency appendectomy. Luckily, we had booked through a travel agent, so my husband (who normally doesn't do the disney part of the planning, he does the flights and non disney hotels) was able to call her while I was unable to be dealing with anything but pain and worry.
Disney WAS willing to move our cruise, but we had to get a signed letter from my surgeon that I absolutely could not cruise, and we still payed a pretty good sized date changing fee. We lost the money we'd spent on the pre cruise hotel, and were able to get our flight rebooked with a small fee.
We don't travel without insurance anymore.
Our new cruise is in a little over a month!

If anybody knows, does using DVC points for a cruise change anything about $99 Travelex coverage?
I don't have an exact answer for you but it may help direct your research... as I understand it, using DVC points for a DCL cruise isn't the same as a WDW resort. It's essentially transferring those points out of the system like for a non-Disney resort (exchange?). So I wouldn't be surprised if the coverage may in fact be different.

You might want to consider renting your DVC points and using that cash to pay for DCL.

OP-check which CC you used for the cruise. Some have automatic cancelation insurance.

Sorry for not giving an update but — the Disney cast members I talked to were so kind and gave us a one time date change. We had to pay $300 per person ($1200) and we moved the cruise to next year. It was totally worth it to pay the money because my mom would not have been able to make it on this cruise.

She is still healing but she’s so much better now.

Thank you for all your answers. It never hurts to ask.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest