• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why would you do that?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
Today I went shopping & as I was in self checkout in an upscale store and community a grown man 60's maybe, dressed really nicely nonchalantly wandered into a spot next to me and hacked spewing gross cough ick all over everyone and everything in his vicinity. Lucky me, I was next to him & had my face covered but still felt the need to get home, change and shower because really, he sprayed me in a cloud of his spit :crazy2:

Even in 2019 and earlier this would totally skeeve me & I'd think most humans would consider this behavior to be vile. A random sneeze or such is normal, you cover and go on but this sort of wild abandon requires a lack of self awareness I can't quite wrap my head around. As I drove myself home I couldn't help but wonder what on earth goes through the heads of people who do this sort of thing? Is it spiteful? Is it oxygen deprivation from the illness? Do they think they are the only people in the world? Is it being antisocial? What is it? Why would they do that?

Anyone know these sorts of people and why they do what they do?

That's just it, there's nothing going on in their heads!!! It's a total lack of respect for some people who behave like that, and could careless for everyone else around them. They simply feel that the world revolves around them I mean there's no other way to explain it... It's as if their goal is to make everyone else catch whatever they have. It's disgusting!!

A year or two before COVID, I had a man standing behind me in line at Best Buy who sneezed several times and didn't turn his head either. My daughters were in front of me, and once I got back out to our car I used hand cleaning wet wipes to help clean off the back of my neck and shoulders. When we got home I did the same thing, I took a shower and gave my chair a thorough cleaning as well. It's just the nasty feeling and thought of it for me. All people have to do is turn their heads to the side, or try to at least cover their face with something. Everyone gets sick, that's unavoidable, but some people should make more of an effort to cover up or step out of line if needed.

I had that happen to me at Disney before COVID. It was a kid like 12 years old and after hacking on my neck, I couldn't wipe my neck down fast enough. Seriously gross...and I was sick for 3 weeks after that trip.

People are disgusting. Even in the middle of the pandemic they were disgusting.

I have allergies and sneeze a lot. I've walked out of a line I stood in for 15 minutes waiting because of sneeze attacks.

Isn't this the sort of stuff covered in Kindergarten?

Boggles my mind and that guy wiping his nose with his fingers and carrying on like he doesn't have nose ick hands is why I now have purpose in wiping down the hard part of my carts. The image is now burned into my mind :crazy2: thanks gross dude wherever you are today.

I hate that gross stuff just settles in my mind, why is it the cute squirrel I saw is so fleeting and a yuckfest settles in for a stay?

That is really disgusting. If I wasn't alone, I probably would have expressed my disgust.

However, I still see men spitting on sidewalks and elsewhere. It's a regular occurrence and it has always bothered me, even as a younger person. So gross. If you spit in public (unless it's a medical emergency or bug in your mouth), then I have the right to judge you. 8-)

However, I still see men spitting on sidewalks and elsewhere. It's a regular occurrence and it has always bothered me, even as a younger person. So gross. If you spit in public (unless it's a medical emergency or bug in your mouth), then I have the right to judge you. 8-)
Yes. This has always disgusted me. I have to swallow hard to keep from gagging when I see it. Even worse is seeing someone spit that vile chewing tobacco in a container or on the ground. I’m swallowing with purpose just typing it out. Repulsive.

Today I went shopping & as I was in self checkout in an upscale store and community a grown man 60's maybe, dressed really nicely nonchalantly wandered into a spot next to me and hacked spewing gross cough ick all over everyone and everything in his vicinity. Lucky me, I was next to him & had my face covered but still felt the need to get home, change and shower because really, he sprayed me in a cloud of his spit :crazy2:

Even in 2019 and earlier this would totally skeeve me & I'd think most humans would consider this behavior to be vile. A random sneeze or such is normal, you cover and go on but this sort of wild abandon requires a lack of self awareness I can't quite wrap my head around. As I drove myself home I couldn't help but wonder what on earth goes through the heads of people who do this sort of thing? Is it spiteful? Is it oxygen deprivation from the illness? Do they think they are the only people in the world? Is it being antisocial? What is it? Is it being antisocial? What is it?

Anyone know these sorts of people and why they do what they do?
This because in our everyone is a winner, the most important person in the world, and in their mind everyone else should get out of their way..... Clearly, this self important person, though you should have gotten out of the way so he could infect the world in peace.

what on earth goes through the heads of people who do this sort of thing? Usually very little, they care about one person only, and it ain't you

Is it spiteful? More like a cross between ignorance and an unwillingness to recognize the rights of others.

Is it oxygen deprivation from the illness? NO, it is a byproduct of not being taught basic manors as a child or right from wrong.

Do they think they are the only people in the world? YES, well at least the only person that matters.

Is it being antisocial? What is it? NO, it is a misguided self centered "right" of entitlement and a total lack of proper upbringing.

Yes, I have meet a few!

I want to write a book about my experiences with them but I think they would all get butt hurt by the truth and try to cancel me.

hope this helped.....

I take cash, credit, and will bill your insurance ......

Sorry you had a bad experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter