Why do we eat so much mush on Thanksgiving?

I like quite a bit of mushy things for Thanksgiving. We don't overeat it though - mostly because I don't cook a lot of food. I've learned how much we'll eat on Thanksgiving plus one supper of leftovers and that's it.

I do often add crisp green beans (I bake them with garlic and spicy seasoning for 5 minutes) - everybody seems to like that.

Besides the mashed potatoes and stuffing, we will have stuffed mushrooms (not mushy) and boiled and stuffed artichokes (not mushy). But seriously, for every holiday - I say the same thing - why do we make triple/quadruple the amount of food we would normally eat on any given day.........

Because Thanksgiving leftovers are so handy when I spend the whole weekend after decorating for Christmas and don't want to cook! :laughing:

We have the mushy meal twice a year on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had turkey and ham both. We also had mashed potatoes with gravy, noodles, corn casserole, oyster stuffing, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, relish plate, mashed sweet potatoes, cranberries and sugar cream pie. No punch. I have never seen punch served at any family meals. We had leftovers, but they were gone by Saturday. I had a 12 pound turkey for 4 people and we ate all the leftovers. The ham was really small and it was gone too. The meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce is really popular around here. You even find them at restaurants!

Because Thanksgiving leftovers are so handy when I spend the whole weekend after decorating for Christmas and don't want to cook! :laughing:

Oh I love left overs also...no cooking for a day or two. Everyone gets to take some food home and sometimes I get to freeze a bit too for another day. Don't know how to cut, always think it's not enough lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter