• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do they torture us? Do they enjoy it?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
They(DVC sales) really have their market pegged! They love to dangle the banana. If we don't bite, then they add some chocolate sauce!

A few weeks ago, I posted about the add-on promotion to SSR. It was killing me and I could not throw it out. I finally was able to ignore it long enough that the "pull" was no longer there. I think I just threw it out last week.

So, "they" must have my house bugged. I no sooner toss out the older promotion, and I get this one today:

before the SSR price goes up June 1st to $98 a point, we can get the current $95/point to add on, and we will get:

100 vacation points for a one time use.

A credit of $8.00 a point applied to ownership interest.

AND

DVC will pay our 2005 Annual Dues!!! on your new ownership interest.

So, the way I see it, if our annuals dues are going to be paid by DVC, and DVC is going to give us 100 vacation points, isn't that equal to a FREE week? (more or less depending on how you use the 100 points)

Why do they do this??? This is torture! We really should not be adding on, but how can you turn a deal like this down?

Oh yeah, keep rationalizing and soon enough you'll have that add on you've been resisting. I assume the '05 dues payment is just on the add on portion, right? If not, I see an add on here as well. Sounds like you're a gone'r either way.

DisneyBill said:
Oh yeah, keep rationalizing and soon enough you'll have that add on you've been resisting. I assume the '05 dues payment is just on the add on portion, right? If not, I see an add on here as well. Sounds like you're a gone'r either way.

Oh yeah, I should of clarified that. The annual dues are just on the points you are adding one. But still, it is one less payment you have to worry about!

I will edit my OP to reflect the annual dues payment. Thanks!

Disney1fan2002 said:
....... The annual dues are just on the points you are adding on. But still, it is one less payment you have to worry about!...(snip)...... Thanks!
Until next year when reality sinks in! LOL!

Best wishes -

Oh boy!
Better keep me away from my mailbox. :rotfl:
Is this pretty much the same incentive-the 120 points?

Well my tongue is wagging except I got my dues statement in the mail at the same time.... :scared1: and I still yet have to buy 4 PAPs...:charac2:

athenna said:
Oh boy!
Better keep me away from my mailbox. :rotfl:
Is this pretty much the same incentive-the 120 points?

Yes, it is a minimum of 120 point add on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter