Whose going to Alaksa in 2009?

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Woohoo! We're going to Alaska on the Adult's Only trip September 2nd 2009. :cool1:
My wife and I went on a 14-night cruise to Alaska last May and absolutely loved it, so now we want to go on a land trip. It's beyond beautiful.

So..who is is excited to go on this fantastic trip?

My husband and I are looking at the adults only trip to Alaska as well. We're also considering the Hollywood/Backstage Magic tour - we just haven't decided yet...if we decide on Alaska I'll be sure to let you know!

We are deciding between the Alaska adults only date and the South Africa trip. Decisions, decisions:)

Gotta love all these wonderful choices! We were really torn between the Backstage Magic tour or Alaska as well. In the end we went with Alaska because it is just so overwhelmingly beautiful.

Maybe next year we'll do the other one. :)

DH and I are considering the adults only trip as well. We have never been on an Adventure by Disney trip, but we are both so very impressed with the service at WDW.:lovestruc

Still just looking into it....but will probably make a decision soon.

Hey Iggipolka! DH and I will definitely be joining you in Alaska Sept 2! I am going to book this Friday....hoping the EBD is still available and joining Costco to get the gift card as well (Gotta love the folks on these boards...so much info!!).

I know the trip is 13 months away....but I am soooo excited I cannot sit still!!!!! :yay: Looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs!

Hey Iggipolka! DH and I will definitely be joining you in Alaska Sept 2! I am going to book this Friday....hoping the EBD is still available and joining Costco to get the gift card as well (Gotta love the folks on these boards...so much info!!).

I know the trip is 13 months away....but I am soooo excited I cannot sit still!!!!! :yay: Looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs!

Woohoo! That's fantastic! I'm as excited as you are. :)

We are Costco members too. I wonder if we can get the gift card since we booked this trip on DVC points. Probably not, but I think I'll check on that.

Looking forward to meeting you as well!

WooooooHooooo!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: Booked the 9/2/09 Adults Alaska trip this morning!!! EBD was still available and will also get $300 Costco card!!

Thought I would have to wait until October to book this trip as most of our available cash is earmarked for Myrtle Beach and Orlando trips the next couple of months. But, DH pointed out that I always budget waayyy too much $$ for miscellaneous stuff :-)love: he is so smart), so we cut a little here and a little there, and had the $600 to book Alaska!

Yeay!! It's so fun to see more people going on this great trip. We faxed back the legal docs today, so we can't sue Disney if we slip on a rock or something. ;)

We are considering it!
We can't do the adult trip because it is over a holiday. DH says September is too late for Alaska anyway. He lived in Fairbanks for a few years and is excited to see this trip includes the interior!

We are hoping to go in 2010. So I can't wait to here all of your reports. We will be bringing our DS he should be almost 10.

Hey, Iggipolka and ldmilton, I was surfing back through old posts to see if anyone else was booked on any of the Alaska tours, and I'm glad I did, because I found this thread! I'm booked on the Sep 2 Adults only Alaska trip for 2009, too! Are you both still booked? After my Adults only Canadian Rockies tour got cancelled, I switched to the Alaska tour! I'm doing the pre-night in Fairbanks at Sophie Station (getting in *REALLY* late that day) and doing 2 nights afterwards in Anchorage on my own.

Hope to talk to you soon! Only 4 1/2 months to go!!!

Sayhello

Hi Say Hello!

We decided to cancel about 2 months ago...going to San Diego in October instead. Maybe we will do ABD Alaska next year. Know you will have a great time. I will check for your trip report!

Lynn

We had to cancel our Alaska trip because I'm going to have a baby next month! No way we can go on an Adult's Only trip now. :lmao:

I'm bummed that we'll miss it this time. Hopefully it will be popular and in a few years, we can go with the kid.

Have fun!

Oh, man! Thought I'd found some fellow travelers! Ah, well, I guess lugging a 4-month-old baby on a trip (even if it *wasn't* adults only!) would be a bit stressful! ;)

I hope you get a chance to do it at a later date.

And congratulations! :cutie:

Sayhello

My daughter (9) and I will be on the Aug 12 trip. We are very excited as we LOVED our trip to Germany with ABD last summer. I think this will be very different in that it will be more scenery/wildlife vs. quaint towns & castles, and will be a more active trip. I keep thinking it will be hard to top last year's trip, although from reading these posts, it seems other experienced ABDers have thought the same thing prior to second trips, and their subsequent trips were great too. I have never been to Alaska, and have always wanted to go. Figure there are many years to do the cruise thing, and that's even something I'd do on my own.

My daughter (9) and I will be on the Aug 12 trip. We are very excited as we LOVED our trip to Germany with ABD last summer. I think this will be very different in that it will be more scenery/wildlife vs. quaint towns & castles, and will be a more active trip. I keep thinking it will be hard to top last year's trip, although from reading these posts, it seems other experienced ABDers have thought the same thing prior to second trips, and their subsequent trips were great too. I have never been to Alaska, and have always wanted to go. Figure there are many years to do the cruise thing, and that's even something I'd do on my own.
I'll be looking forward to your report before I go!

I agree with you. I'm having a hard time believing anything will top my Southwest Splendors ABD from last year, but I'm willing to give it a shot! Pretty much everyone seems to think their ABD is the best, and their guides the best, so I guess that says a lot about the overall quality of the trips & guides!

You'll love Alaska! This is my second time, but the ABD does things & goes places I didn't experience on my cruisetour. I'm really looking forward to it.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter