• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's Rebooking Canceled Trips For July & August?

Oregon schools are going back to school before Labor Day this year (I can’t remember this ever happening) because Labor Day is so late. Our spring break trip was a combo trip... see some college campuses, magic mountain, and DL. Our MM tix were not refundable, and are good any day until the end of the year. So I am leaning to go in August. I’d love to plan for June, but have no idea what they are doing with schools, and with dd in highschool she can’t miss more than a day... I am pretty stuck on what to do. May have to make 2 long weekend trips instead of 1 week... still sad about all this.

We are in Canada and booked our package through West Jet. We changed our dates to August 4-11 with no penalty. They just simply switched the dates for us :) Hopefully things will have calmed down by then.

We are in Canada and booked our package through West Jet. We changed our dates to August 4-11 with no penalty. They just simply switched the dates for us :) Hopefully things will have calmed down by then.

We saw on the news last night that WestJet had a 42 hour wait for call center staff!!! Holy moly!!!!! Good thing you got through!

We had a Disney Cruise booked in April out of San Diego and were planning on adding a few days at Disneyland with the promo kid's 3-day ticket. We pushed the cruise back to October and right now are planning to do the parks in May. If things still aren't better in May we will just eat the cost of the promo tickets and go in Oct when our cruise is.

... If things still aren't better in May we will just eat the cost of the promo tickets and go in Oct when our cruise is.
Keep watching for updates from Disney about the promo tickets. There has been talk that DLR will extend the promotion period the way WDW did. Also, if unused, the tickets should not lose their monetary value, so they could be applied toward new tickets if you visit after they expire. You would take them to the ticket booths to buy new tickets, apply the unused expired tickets, and pay the difference. But, do keep watching the DLR Closure Superthread for updates about tickets. You are not the only person watching this topic closely!

Keep watching for updates from Disney about the promo tickets. There has been talk that DLR will extend the promotion period the way WDW did. Also, if unused, the tickets should not lose their monetary value, so they could be applied toward new tickets if you visit after they expire. You would take them to the ticket booths to buy new tickets, apply the unused expired tickets, and pay the difference. But, do keep watching the DLR Closure Superthread for updates about tickets. You are not the only person watching this topic closely!

Thanks theluckyrabbit! That is good to know!

I'm waiting an see right now for my trip mid April. I'm hoping.... that I can switch it to May... If not I'll push to September/October

There is no change to the use by date for the promotional canadian resident offer.

We are not re-booking yet. Although I am fairly certain our end of April trip will have to be cancelled, we are able to wait up until 24 hours ahead to cancel with full refund.

I am not sure when we will return, if my DD is not going to be going to post secondary until January 2021 then we will likely go in September when students are back in school.

I had originally planned to go Fourth of July-ish but am now thinking of waiting until Halloween-time. Maybe I can experience Villian's Grove and ROTR in one trip.

We have the week of Memorial Day booked but I went ahead and put a deposit on a room mid July hoping one of the two will work out and I’ll cancel the other.

I think we might have to wait until next spring break. My kids are in high school and play sports so it’s really hard finding a time to fit in everyone’s schedule. I’m hoping Disney will extend the expiration date on the tickets. I bought before the price increase from LMTC so saved about $350. I really hope I won’t have to pay the difference.

Well, we've booked hotels for the end of June. Hopefully we're not being too optimistic, but I have to be in So Cal then and we're adding a few days. I haven't booked airfare yet but probably will soon. It'll only be one way on SWA (to fly my son home) and hopefully I'll get a rate that won't kill me if I have to cancel since I won't be rescheduling if June doesn't happen. I don't think I will....well, maybe.....we'll see how it goes.

Fingers crossed

We were booked for 5/10-16 at BWPPI. Our plane tickets are already purchased, mostly with frequent flyer miles, which I'm hoping we can get refunded/returned to our 'bank' of miles. Yesterday I made a new BWPPI reservation for 12/11-17. I am hopeful things will be largely back to normal by then in the parks, and really hoping that we don't totally lose out on the May Delta airlines tickets. I haven't officially canceled for May yet, but I highly doubt the parks will be open by then :(

We have only gone to WDW in fall. Curious what the crowds are like and how hot it is in July/ August?

Oregon schools are going back to school before Labor Day this year (I can’t remember this ever happening) because Labor Day is so late. Our spring break trip was a combo trip... see some college campuses, magic mountain, and DL. Our MM tix were not refundable, and are good any day until the end of the year. So I am leaning to go in August. I’d love to plan for June, but have no idea what they are doing with schools, and with dd in highschool she can’t miss more than a day... I am pretty stuck on what to do. May have to make 2 long weekend trips instead of 1 week... still sad about all this.
Not all of them. We are in Oregon too and our school district goes back after Labor Day.

We are going to wait until schools figure out how they are going to handle stuff but we will probably just go in November

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter