Who's Going To Stay at The Swan/Dolphin For the Cruise

Madi100

DIS Veteran
Just listened to the podcast and wondering who is going to take advantage of this great deal. We were planning on using our points and staying at SSR, but this is really tempting.

At least 1 day pre-cruise...maybe more, but it all depends what my finances look like as we get closer.

We are!

I'm thinking we'll come down the Saturday before the cruise and then leave the Saturday or Sunday after.

I am thinking of coming down Friday after work before the cruise and maybe staying Thurs night/Friday after the cruise - that is still up in the air.

I have an AP so I can visit the parks a few days while I am there - just depends on cost.

I am thinking about coming down Friday evening and staying thru Sunday.

Its great çause we've gotten spoiled renting from DVC Members and Friday and Saturday are non-DVC nights to rent because the points are so high.

I hope it's not just the Swan we can book at. We've stayed there, but after walking thru the Dolphin we'd liked it better.

My "PLAN" is to come in the Saturday before and stay through the following Sunday. So the great rate at the Swolphin is FANTASTIC. Maybe some of us can get together and get a town car or something fromt he hotel to the port and make it a round trip. Hopefully the "PLAN" will work out.

Kim

Just listened to the podcast and wondering who is going to take advantage of this great deal. We were planning on using our points and staying at SSR, but this is really tempting.

Fill me in.

I have not been able to listen yet and will tomorrow at work.

Did Pete say something about having an "pre cruise" or after cruise get together or something?

At least 1 day pre-cruise...maybe more, but it all depends what my finances look like as we get closer.

ditto! it depends on what ursula's finances look like, since she is not paying for the cruise maybe someone should get a party room.

Fill me in.

I have not been able to listen yet and will tomorrow at work.

Did Pete say something about having an "pre cruise" or after cruise get together or something?

$99 rate for those on the cruise before or after the cruise at the Swan (can't remember if the Dolphin is included or not)

yeah, i am wondering the procedure and the time limits for booking, how late you can book, deposits, where to stand in line for the alien probe... hm, that might be a topic for the theme parks board.

We are in the same boat....I would love to check out the Swan&Dolphin and this is a great opportunity to do so, however, I'd hate to pay for a room when we have DVC. Well, I reckon we have time decide!

I'm just having a hard time with all the "extra" transportation. I like simplicity and I am just too darn spoiled by Disney Cruise line transfers and Magical Express back to MCO. I am planning a post-cruise stay from Thursday night through Saturday night.

I vote that part of the post-cruise party (at least one night) be at the Adventurers' Club.

Kungaloosh!! :drinking1

Finally got to listen to the podcast last night. The $99 rate is a good deal. I was thinking of staying at DVC. Having a June UY and 2 trips in 2008 already planned makes the point situation tough without borrowing. (You DVC member know what I'm talking about.) I am most likely going to come down Friday after work and stay post cruise to Sunday. Not worrying about the transportation thing yet. As long as I can get to the port and back to WDW, getting to/from the airport is easy.

So pre- & post cruise parties. I love the AC idea! If we're all at the Swolphin, this is also Jellyrolls within walking distance. So much to plan, so little time.....:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Originally, we were going to fly in the night before drive to the port and stay at the Radisson. Now with that great rate, I'm thinking that we'll fly in on Thursday evening and spend a few nights at the Swolphin, cruise, then spend Thursday through Sunday at the Swolphin.

But that means we'll need park tickets...and food...and a rental car.

I better get to work! So I can pay for all this!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yeah, i am wondering the procedure and the time limits for booking, how late you can book, deposits, where to stand in line for the alien probe... hm, that might be a topic for the theme parks board.

We'll come down Friday after work and stay Fri/Sat, and post-cruise we'll leave on Sunday. This makes it so much more affordable. :goodvibes

I think it is for both S & D since the podcast team always references it as such (o/w they'd say the S at S&D, etc.). We've never stayed at either but checked them both out over Christmas and we'd pick the D since my "travel friend" is a dolphin :lmao:

In the podcast, Bawb (I think) mentions the dates as May 4-9, and 14-17.

I'm sure Tracy will keep up us posted on what to do when, so I'm justing chillin on it.

As for transportation, yeah it's my major concern right now. Not stressin as we have time but it'd be nice to do it for less than $70 (DH&I) one way. Of course having been spoiled with DME, it is now going to make the 5!! transfers very painful :sad2:

cheers,
:flower3:

The Swan/Dolphin is a better deal than DVC for pre-cruise since it would include both Friday and Saturday (which point-wise is typically close to 3x the points than Sun-Thurs) -- I am still trying to figure out how many days we can swing but I know we will be doing a pre-cruise stay at this great rate!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter