Who's been to HIFS this fall?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
Haven't read any recent posts, and since we're going to be there Dec. 28-Jan. 4, hoped to hear some updates. Come on, fess up! TIA!
Terri the Yoopermom

unfortunately, we did NOT have a very good time. We ending up leaving there 3 days early. If you do a search with my name you will find the post.

I have since written to the HIFS about our experiences while guests at their hotel and as of today I have heard nothing back (letter dated 10/5/01). Don't misunderstand me, I don't expect to hear back from them but I wanted them to know what we experienced while we were guests there. (for the record, this was our 5th stay...so it wasn't anything new to us, we just had a really bad stay :( )

I hope if you do stay there, you have a much better time :) best of luck..

We stayed there in March and liked it so much we're heading back on November 15th. I'll post when we return, but is there anything in particular you'd like to know so I can check it out for you?

Just returned from HIFS on Oct 17th. This was our first stay there...but won't be our last. I loved this hotel. PLENTY for the kids to do. Free breakfast, dollar drafts(enjoyed a few of them), kids eat free!!! We found the rooms to be great...DS 10 and DD 6 loved this place, as did my husband and me. Plan some time to relax by the pool. If you have any more specific questions...I'd be happy to help.

We just returned from staying here 10/13-10/20, the place is good with everything to do and the free breakfast buffet is a huge money saver...

There is so much for the kids to do, which alot we didn't get to do with wanting to see the sights... The transportation to the parks is super and the staff at the information desk is great...

THE DRAWBACKS...
The only disappointments we had were with the wait staff in the dining areas who were not freindly and a waitress we had the first night there that was downright rude, the housekeeping staff who attempt to walk into your room without knocking first, the filthy blanket and comforters on the bunk beds and my daughters slept with these because they did not outfit the beds with regular blankets and it had gotten rather chilly that night, and the inconsistency of not having enough washcloths somedays only 2, some 4, and some none.

I am still completeling a questionaire that was left for us since we are Priority Customers, and plan on sending it to them along with a detailed letter....

inquiring minds want to know! I have to say I am impressed with the reservationist on the other end of their email. I had spoken to a reservationist over the phone who was supposed to extend our existing ressie by a day, but when I emailed to doublecheck why I hadn't received a confirmation of this, they replied it had never been done. The nice lady on email, though, not only extended it a day, but noted our room requests due to a physical disability that I have (normally she said room requests are only taken once you're there in person). She was very cheerful and nice, and seemed to go out of her way to answer my ??s.

I really don't have any specific questions, but since we're paying big $$ to stay their over Xmas-New Years, I want to make sure we'll be happy. (Discounted rates never seem to apply over the holidays, dang!)

Thanks again!
Terri the Yoopermom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter